Author Topic: Post 11/5 bagholders on exchange SOL?  (Read 23417 times)

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
Good to know.

Only thing that needed in this case is to be sure that Poloniex will keep DNS balances after Dec, 31. Is there some assurance on this from their side?
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It is definitely something we will work out eventually, but realize that we have not even unlocked the vesting stake yet, nor is there a client version that makes DNS import easy. Everyone is in the same boat.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
Any idea of possible resolution for similar issue?

I still have DNS at Poloniex, credited 2014-10-09 at 00:04:04, is there a way or follow-up communication with Poloniex where I can check if my DNS stuck at Poloniex can be converted to BTS?
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Poloniex is involved with i3's sacrificial bonus. You stil lost overall but poloniex might give some extra bts over time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline speer1905

• View Profile
Thanks Riverhead. A ray of hope then. I know the dangers of the games I play in the crypto wild west so I won't cry foul, just searching for that last ditch hope. I was able to get my balance back, but I guess I'll sit on my hands and wait to see what happens :).

Offline Riverhead

It's worth logging a ticket with Poloniex. They might be able to help you. I believe toast was in communication with them about looking at who held what just before BM's "merger" thread. I3 has agreed to give their DNS stake in BTS to those that had DNS on the exchanges for those exchanges that could provide balances for that time frame.

So depending on Poloniex you may or may not be OK.

Offline speer1905

• View Profile
I had the overwhelming majority of my DNS on the Poloniex exchange during the BTS merger talks and was out of touch for a month or so.

I don't believe Poloniex froze the market or gave announcements (or I missed them), so I happily went about withdrawing my DNS today to my good ole 0.0.2 wallet.

Hmm, no network... odd, let me upgrade my wallet. Went to 0.0.5. Still not connected. Google time... oh hey the network is dead, awesome.

Any chance or knowledge if Polo will do a snapshot honor the way other exchanges did in the past for BTSX for bag holders on the exchange for PTS and the like?

I get the onus is on me with any crypto to not leave it on an exchange, but some of us don't comb the news 24/7. I'd understand if I had let it languish there for a year or two, but ouch on that action. Bummer, I was a big supporter of DNS. I'm fine with the whole BTS merger but feeling a little frustrated with nothing to show for my DNS support.

If I am wrong in how I am interpreting my situation please do correct me, but I currently withdrew my lump sum from the exchange in to nothingness today, or so I believe.

Thanks.