Author Topic: Saxo bank CEO?  (Read 1760 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Good thoughts. My guess is that most people like him will wait and see how Bitshares and the other 2.0's work. When Bitshares DACs start handing out dividends like Halloween candy, a lot of people will become interested.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Just read the article on Coindesk about the Saxo bank CEO.

He's apparently libertarian leaning and fairly positive about Bitcoin.

http://www.coindesk.com/danish-investment-bank-owner-bitcoin-exploration/
Cool.  +5%
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Just read the article on Coindesk about the Saxo bank CEO.

He's apparently libertarian leaning and fairly positive about Bitcoin.

Christensen acknowledged he has not only bought bitcoins, but that his online investment company is currently exploring bitcoin’s potential use.

“I thought what happened in Cyprus was a pretty shocking thing and probably an omen of what is to come more and more often in the future

“I think there’s an opportunity there for banks that are early adopters. [...] The bitcoin community is fairly enthusiastic one, so I’m sure there’s some business to be won and some goodwill to be achieved, plus some interesting opportunities for other clients.”

Saxo Bank offers customers the ability to trade 179 forex currency pairs, more than 2,500 investment funds and futures contracts in currencies, gold and oil, among other offerings.

http://www.coindesk.com/danish-investment-bank-owner-bitcoin-exploration/

The thing that interested me more, in terms of Bitshares though is that on Wikipedia I see,

In January 2014, Saxo Bank launched a beta version of a transformed TradingFloor.com, a community portal re-launched into the first multi-asset social trading platform. The site, still in its testing phase, encourages users to share information, tips and strategies publicly and does not have a traditional chatroom function. The bank's founders said they want the site to make financial trading easily accessible to all and serve those who do not wish to engage with salespeople at banks. "We want to set free the peer-to-peer power of traders around the globe," they said in a joint statement.[55]

He understands the potential value of Bitcoin, he understand the risk of future bank deposit/investment confiscation, they've just launched a peer to peer, community trading portal.

I think Bitshares is exactly the kind of thing that may appeal to him. It is perhaps even an offering they could consider adding in some way to tradingfloor.com. It would also give their clients an opportunity to hold some of their funds, demominated in various bit-assets outside the traditional financial system which is something he seems to be open to.

Anyway, probably difficult to get in touch with but  I definitely think he is someone Bitshares could consider reaching out to.

In general I think trying to forge relationships at this stage with people who 'get it' in various sectors, will be very helpful to Bitshares.   

Edit: It might be more realistic to reach out to tradingfloor.com, getting them to cover an article on Bitshares and maybe do a poll might be something that would be positive for a 'peer to peer' focused community trading portal and Bitshares in terms of publicity and then from the results of that it could maybe be pushed higher on their radar.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 10:45:02 pm by Empirical1 »