Author Topic: MemoryCoin Charity?  (Read 4409 times)

Offline robonix

• View Profile
    • Auto Hackeate, Reprogramando el sustrato vital
Question, however, how do we know MMC is being donated without updates or anything from the CHA?
The best case is that CHA is already CHA organization but not a third party.
I've been voting for SPICES - MVTEchaqyCuu8RsP5kMYMuTbxRrwZ2jmtQ I never really liked the idea of having a middleman

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
Question, however, how do we know MMC is being donated without updates or anything from the CHA?
The best case is that CHA is already CHA organization but not a third party.
Vote for seraphim to lead a team of supporters as MMC CSO
Send 0.00000001 to MVTEcsoL9GvfezMUgEDnhr7ioRAsByuTAv

Offline minigwar

• View Profile
Everyone who disagrees with his (lack of) actions should vote for one of the other charities.

candidate list:
http://memorycoin.org/charity/

Just voted for PeaceGeeks as it looked the most promising!

Offline nomdeplume

• View Profile
I actually didn't know we were donating to charity. We definitely should be taking advantage of that to get some publicity. Even at less than 4 cents each currently, we could generate over a $100 a week for an organization. That's important and could definitely bring attention to a small coin such as ours. Lets make this happen!

Offline seraphim

I wish I could agree with you about the charity bringing attention, but I haven't seen increased attention the last time we (or, itsik) sent out a batch. How many coins does he have now, something around 25k? Who cares about a donation of 1000$?  :(

What is the time frame of charitable donations? Does MMC donate every week or once a month?

I feel like 25k mmc every month (I don't know the time frame) would generate alot of positive publicity especially if it was directed towards a 'respected and known' organization.

Also, this part of MMC ought to have more attention considering that there isn't really an altcoin that has charity built into the blockchain, am I wrong?

The blockchain currently donates 28.75 MMC every two hours (going down 5% every week).
The guy who got elected to manage the distribution of donations seems to have lost interest and doesn't fulfill his promise to let the community vote on which charities he splits the coins on. So like emre said, the community should change the vote.

You're right that this should bring more attention, but the mere fact that nothing happened since nearly 2 months and you are the first one to ask shows how many people care...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:10:11 pm by seraphim »
Meet you on STEEM

emre

Everyone who disagrees with his (lack of) actions should vote for one of the other charities.

yes, you're right.

community should step up and vote for the real charities at least.

if you didn't vote yet for cha position, please consider voting since this position seems -somewhat- compromised.

no update or any reaction from donschoe for weeks (months maybe?)

candidate list:
http://memorycoin.org/charity/

peace geeks seems biggest competitor to our beloved cha officer.
http://mmcvotes.com/block/22800
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:33:04 pm by emre »

Offline minigwar

• View Profile
I wish I could agree with you about the charity bringing attention, but I haven't seen increased attention the last time we (or, itsik) sent out a batch. How many coins does he have now, something around 25k? Who cares about a donation of 1000$?  :(

What is the time frame of charitable donations? Does MMC donate every week or once a month?

I feel like 25k mmc every month (I don't know the time frame) would generate alot of positive publicity especially if it was directed towards a 'respected and known' organization.

Also, this part of MMC ought to have more attention considering that there isn't really an altcoin that has charity built into the blockchain, am I wrong?

Offline seraphim

I do know he's alive, yes, don't worry about that ;) He doesn't need an excuse, he's still elected and can handle it any way he likes as long as he doesn't sell the coins for his own profit - and I can assure he won't do that. Everyone who disagrees with his (lack of) actions should vote for one of the other charities. That's how it works.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:26:05 am by seraphim »
Meet you on STEEM

emre

btw, I don't think "waiting a better a price" is a good excuse. charity is a good way to get attention and we're not getting much attention lately.

cha officer doesn't have to sell BTC, some of the organizations already accept directly MMC.  (thanks to itsik78.)

furthermore, there was a time (2 weeks maybe?) price was okay to sell as BTC. anything happened on this timeframe?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:34:20 pm by emre »

emre

There's no official charity currently.
Donschoe was elected to split the grant between different charities, but he's just collecting the coins and waiting for better prices since quite a while

oh, did you get any update from don?

good to hear he's alive.

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
Yes, it would be a bad idea to sell MMC at such a low price.
Vote for seraphim to lead a team of supporters as MMC CSO
Send 0.00000001 to MVTEcsoL9GvfezMUgEDnhr7ioRAsByuTAv

Offline seraphim

There's no official charity currently.
Donschoe was elected to split the grant between different charities, but he's just collecting the coins and waiting for better prices since quite a while
Meet you on STEEM

Offline minigwar

• View Profile
Is there an official charity?
If not, how is that earmarked 1% distributed or voted upon as to where/whom to go?

Thanks!