Poll

How many DomainShares should there be at launch?

19 (41.3%)
27 (58.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Share amount  (Read 12184 times)

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
8000000 shares  would be a good ratio for profitable price.

bitbro

Voting 80 billion.

That way when I do marketing handouts for a few Bts, the recipient will actually feel like they're getting something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I vote 80 million
Just so that we have a larger number of shares and it makes us feel richer.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline CalabiYau

voting 8 million

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I'm also in favor of 8 million
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I vote 69,696,696
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
88888888 ?  BLEH, I hate it. 
Just make it 8,000,000.  That's easily divisible and ratios are easily calculated in BTS, BTS, AGS, etc.
Ya all the 8s are a bit much. I just spoke to a Chinese friend and she says the 8s are a sign of 'new money'. More of a gambling thing. So maybe just the one 8 is fine. 8,000,000.
  +5% agreed, one 8 is plenty lucky and easier on the eyes
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Just make it 8,000,000.  That's easily divisible and ratios are easily calculated in BTS, BTS, AGS, etc.
Ya all the 8s are a bit much. I just spoke to a Chinese friend and she says the 8s are a sign of 'new money'. More of a gambling thing. So maybe just the one 8 is fine. 8,000,000.

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline oco101

• View Profile
88888888  is better suited for Bitshare Lotto !!

Offline metalallen

• View Profile
I agree, having lived in that region. There are no problems with 5; that poster was mistaken. The number 4 is unlucky in much of East Asia because the Chinese character for 4 sounds the same as the one for death. 7 is a very lucky number in much of the world and, in other places, so is 8. But I think the crazy eights 88888888... looks idiotic. If you're going to use 8, then make it a nice round 800,000 or 8,000,000, etc.

I agree with that. Actually, the crazy eights 88888888 in China is always related to Tuhao (the rich fool). I think 8,000,000 is the best.
浮壹白的微博:http://weibo.com/u/2279693077
BTSX Account:metalallen

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
I agree, having lived in that region. There are no problems with 5; that poster was mistaken. The number 4 is unlucky in much of East Asia because the Chinese character for 4 sounds the same as the one for death. 7 is a very lucky number in much of the world and, in other places, so is 8. But I think the crazy eights 88888888... looks idiotic. If you're going to use 8, then make it a nice round 800,000 or 8,000,000, etc.

Agree  8)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline amatoB

• View Profile
I agree with @currencydebt.

It may sound silly, but numerical superstitions are prolific in Chinese culture, and I'm sure everyone agrees it probably would not be wise to accidentally exclude large portions of the Chinese....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_in_Chinese_culture

The four best choices:

I disagree. The number 4 is inauspicious in Chinese, but 5 is ok (I checked with a close friend who is native Chinese). 50,000,000 seems about right.

Not a big fan of 8,888,888. Why bend over backwards to cater to the Chinese segment? Bitshares DNS should be a global enterprise. Choosing a # that is lucky in Chinese seems like trying too hard to be cute and could backfire... just my 2 bits.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Yep! m% and u% should be standard. I'm wondering whether it should be made explicit enough that people could actually trade in terms of specific-block-m%, which would let people earn their dividends "right away" instead of having to wait for the market to move to adjust

This would be ideal if it's workable. I guarantee that people are not going to understand that burning shares is equivalent to paying dividends, and the reason is that when you burn a share, everybody else's purchasing power doesn't immediately increase.

For this reason, I'm generally opposed to burning-as-dividends, but if we could make it so that at the GUI-level, transactions are denominated in terms of percentages, that would be spectacular. Basically, there'd be this underlying "supply" that would be invisible to anyone who doesn't care about it; the actual currency units that people see and use would be all defined in terms of percent of supply.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."