Author Topic: Power of translation delay  (Read 1589 times)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Not a problem, keep using it and it will get better.

I think you mean transaction, not translation.  So how would you make sure the timestamp (time signature) was accurate?  Without a way to confirm this, anyone can put old timestamps on their transactions to increase their power.

A major purpose of the blockchain is as a way to publicly determine the order in which transactions were made.
yes everyone can attack with fake old timestamp, I just consider how to aviod double spend,  for example, a attacker include translation A in block N, then he produce block secretly , if he have bigger power than all honest man, he can produce N+7 block when No. of main block chan is N+6, and broadcast his secret chain ( exclude translation A in block N) ,the honest node should maintenance a temporary block include all translations release from forking block, and record the translation of delay . but  new nodes that add to P2P network don`t have the temporary blocks , them easy to accept the secret chain of attacker, if a new way is use for broadcasting the delay translation ,
and
the new problem is how to make the new nodes believe the translation A had been included in block N then was exclude by attacker with bigger power.
for example the honest nodes can use his private key with coin day sign the translation and broadcasting it continuity ,but this sign don`t consume coin day,
and how incentive this is also a new issue

I am not very similar with BTC protocol,maybe I shoudl read BTC code frsit time .
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:08:01 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Not a problem, keep using it and it will get better.

I think you mean transaction, not translation.  So how would you make sure the timestamp (time signature) was accurate?  Without a way to confirm this, anyone can put old timestamps on their transactions to increase their power.

A major purpose of the blockchain is as a way to publicly determine the order in which transactions were made.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
English is not my native language, sorry for it

if someone have big power of X,  the can refuse the translation though it is valid
if every translation include the time signature by sender
translation delay---  the time period from time point it is broadcast by sender to time point it is included by block

a block include more translation delay have more Power of creating block

it is just a rough idea
want to get comment from all of you
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091