25 (27.2%)
KeyMail (Key ID)
15 (16.3%)
Leave it alone!
38 (41.3%)
Something else.
6 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Author Topic: Keyhotee Rebranding - BitMail / BitKey / KeyMail / KeyID  (Read 10610 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Re: Keyhotee Rebranding - BitMail / BitKey / KeyMail / KeyID
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2014, 08:09:07 pm »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:32:26 pm by liondani »
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

sumantso

« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2014, 12:19:39 pm »
What are the odds somebody reading this is going to release a DUCK based on scrypt? The meme potential is huge as DOGE showed.

bitbro

Keyhotee Rebranding - BitMail / BitKey / KeyMail / KeyID
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2014, 12:40:31 pm »
Duck key sounds like ducky, like little ducky

"What's your ducky?"

Proposal: Keyhotee should be rebranded DUCKY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:43:35 pm by bitbro »

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2014, 01:07:19 pm »
Duck key sounds like ducky, like little ducky

"What's your ducky?"

Proposal: Keyhotee should be rebranded DUCKY

+5%

not bad at all I think
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2014, 01:23:08 pm »
some problems I found  :) :P

http://www.duckie.co.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duckie_(group)

Duckie is a collective of performance artists that describes itself as “a post-gay independent arts outfit.”[1] They produce a mix of so-called "cultural interventions", such as club nights, new-mode pop, burlesque and performance events, as well as anti-theatre experimentation. They have described their work as "mixing the arthouse with the dosshouse"[2] and putting "highbrow performance in backstreet pubs and lowbrow performance in posh theatres".[3]

so better duck id  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:25:08 pm by liondani »

bitbro

« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2014, 01:25:47 pm »

some problems I found  :) :P

http://www.duckie.co.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duckie_(group)

Duckie is a collective of performance artists that describes itself as “a post-gay independent arts outfit.”[1] They produce a mix of so-called "cultural interventions", such as club nights, new-mode pop, burlesque and performance events, as well as anti-theatre experimentation. They have described their work as "mixing the arthouse with the dosshouse"[2] and putting "highbrow performance in backstreet pubs and lowbrow performance in posh theatres".[3]

so better duck id  :)

DucKey

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2014, 07:13:35 am »
           GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

bitbro

« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2014, 02:10:24 pm »

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Mhmm

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2014, 05:02:21 pm »
I'll throw in my 2 PTS:

Yes, I think keyhotee could possibly be renamed.  But bytemaster likes keyhotee as a name and seeing as how all the Don Quixote references are nearly gone now, this may be the last remaining reference,  :-\.  Love the duck meme, more for laughs than for serious consideration. But then again Dogecoin was just supposed to be a silly meme and it's now a borderline religion for some. ha.   B

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2014, 05:07:36 pm »
I've had multiple encounters IRL like this:

"blah blah blah Keyhotee"
"That sounds cool, but you should change the name. Did you know it sounds like Quixote? That's the name of a character that failed at everything he tried"
"Yes! That's actually deliberate, the founders find his determination inspiring"

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2014, 05:29:29 pm »
Then again, a yahoo was not one of the most awe inspiring characters from Gullivers Travels and who knew there was a way to make a play on the words goggling and oggling be all the rage.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2014, 05:55:47 pm »
Then again, a yahoo was not one of the most awe inspiring characters from Gullivers Travels and who knew there was a way to make a play on the words goggling and oggling be all the rage.

"Yahoo" existed as an exclamation before that show,  and it was a play on "googol" which has no pre-existing connotations.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2014, 06:25:53 pm »
I am excited

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2014, 06:29:09 pm »

"Yahoo" existed as an exclamation before that show,  and it was a play on "googol" which has no pre-existing connotations.
Is there actually a show about the book? Then again, why am I surprised about that, who reads books anymore? Also I very much doubt the goggle and oggling soundalike is an accident, at the very least I suspect it to be the root cause for the "spelling mistake" which led to the name and them liking the name in the first place.

Also I hope the fact that the less than subtle critique in Don Quichote, on the loss of core values and principles in society and one mans seemingly crazy opposition to this, is not entirely lost on the reader. It would be sad if all that remains would be crude statements where double entendres are only interpreted as confusing. There's a lot that can be done in binary, but I don't like the idea of human communication becoming binary one bit.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2014, 06:49:32 pm »
I've had multiple encounters IRL like this:

"blah blah blah Keyhotee"
"That sounds cool, but you should change the name. Did you know it sounds like Quixote? That's the name of a character that failed at everything he tried"
"Yes! That's actually deliberate, the founders find his determination inspiring"

Oh, good, I get to post my favorite Tilting at Sauron meme again!

"Concealed within his fortress, the lord of Mordor sees all.
His gaze pierces cloud, shadow, earth, and flesh.
You know of what I speak, Gandalf: a great Eye, lidless, wreathed in flame."

—Saruman, Lord of the Rings
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.