25 (27.2%)
KeyMail (Key ID)
15 (16.3%)
Leave it alone!
38 (41.3%)
Something else.
6 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Author Topic: Keyhotee Rebranding - BitMail / BitKey / KeyMail / KeyID  (Read 10587 times)

bitbro

Re: Keyhotee Rebranding - BitMail / BitKey / KeyMail / KeyID
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 01:19:27 am »
We have some flexibility to keep that meaning and increase clarity.  Currently the protocol, the network, and the application are all called Keyhotee.  We could keep Keyhotee as a name for the initial application, and name the network and protocol BitShares ID for consistency.

BitShares ID is the way to go!!!

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Re: Keyhotee - Rebranding
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 01:20:29 am »
Not having "bit" in the brand sets you apart. Bit is used inflationary by now.
Key-hotee = (Don) Quichotte. I love that :)

Personally , I like what it is . KEYHOTEE. So very unique. As the good ol Google. It made no sense what it meant back then.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Re: Keyhotee - Rebranding
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2014, 02:14:06 am »
I'm quite fond of the Keyhotee name myself, but global acceptance of the name is a valid concern.  If Keyhotee needs a new name in order to be internationally appealing, I won't fight the change.

Not having "bit" in the brand sets you apart. Bit is used inflationary by now.
Key-hotee = (Don) Quichotte. I love that :)

Personally , I like what it is . KEYHOTEE. So very unique. As the good ol Google. It made no sense what it meant back then.

This is a good point.  Hopefully everyone will grow to love "Keyhotee" anyway.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2014, 03:35:20 am »
I think things like BitMail, BitKey, KeyMail all seem super forgettable and boring to me.

I admit when I first heard Keyhotee I didn't know exactly what to think of it, I didn't know if the h was silent.  I wasn't sure if it was supposed to sound like coyote.  But I really like it now, much more than other suggestions.  The name doesn't let people have preconceived notions about what it is or does, they have to discover it.  You already have the word "key" in Keyhotee.  Any name with "mail" doesn't do it justice at all.  Once people learn it they won't forget it, and you can Google it and won't get results for anything else.  It won't ever be confused with something from a competitor with a unique name.  There is something adventurous and brave about choosing such a name.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 03:43:46 am »
KEYHOTEE - a unique new Internet term. The identity of this word is automatically associated with Invictus Innovation. It is important to have a synonymous brand name to its corporation. Such as Big blue by IBM and even Windows (nobody knew what it was, only a part of a house) as to Microsoft.
Think about it  8)

bitbro

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2014, 07:20:30 am »
Both are two syllables...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chryspano

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 08:13:20 am »
Leave the name alone, Keyhotee is the perfect name.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2014, 08:38:35 am »
How many average products exist today that are named something like ....mail ...bit....?
If we go with KeyMail or something else that mixes together two widely known words it seems like just another service which is not the impression we want to generate.
To me the international usability is a arguement too. Let's ask our chinese friends here what they think! :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:47:36 am by delulo »

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2014, 08:47:03 am »
 [Keyhotee]. +5%

Offline svk

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2014, 09:24:31 am »
I quite like Keyhotee, but that's because I pronounce it with an American accent and it actually sounds kinda cool with that accent.

What worries me about that name though is how it'll sound to all the non-english speakers of the world. I just asked my French coworkers to pronounce it, and to them it's kinda hard and does not sound the same..

I think Google in the beginning included a phonetic transcription of their name, if you stick with Keyhotee it would be a good idea to do so as well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:21:49 am by svk »
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: xiaoshan
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2014, 09:55:15 am »
I like "keyhotee". To specify the function, it can be promoted as Keyhotee mail system. Not to mention it has been widely known in Bitcoin fans.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 03:29:07 pm »
I like to think of it as the Bitshares project and the Keyhotee ID project. The Bitshares project aims to give you  shares in DACs. They Keyhotee ID (KeyID) project aims to give you control over your identity.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 07:03:25 pm »
This idea may sound stupid at first, but bear in mind that people can quickly become accustomed to a company or product name.

DonKey

Named after Don Quixote, DonKey carries all the tools you'll need to protect your ID and communications as you ride around the internet.
With DonKey ID there's no need to use loads of passwords or to rely on trust. DonKey ID will protect you with honor and courage.
When it comes to your internet ID and communications DonKey can easily carry the load......blah blah blah

I think this sounds stupid.

I'd still use DonKey Mail though
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:09:19 pm by Hadrian »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline patrickb323

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 08:00:30 pm »
keep keyhotee

Offline mint chocolate chip

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 08:30:03 pm »
The Quixote cartoons are great, and hopefully so will be Keyhotee. Keep the name and let Keyhotee save us from the bad guys.