Author Topic: Explicit dividends  (Read 1218 times)

Offline bytemaster

We need to seriously consider and then decisively commit to which layer of UX we want to start computing it terms of total supply.

I can't help but shake the feeling that we will have to make dividends explicit by using block-m% as the unit in transactions. If we don't, then eventually exchanges will, and it will be sloppy. People will want the instant transfer of purchasing power.

On the other hand - we really should have to! I mean come on! Ugh

Only when it is displayed or values entered.

A spent output is displayed as a percentage of the money supply at the time it was spent... a unspent output is displayed as a percentage of the current supply.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We need to seriously consider and then decisively commit to which layer of UX we want to start computing it terms of total supply.

I can't help but shake the feeling that we will have to make dividends explicit by using block-m% as the unit in transactions. If we don't, then eventually exchanges will, and it will be sloppy. People will want the instant transfer of purchasing power.

On the other hand - we really should have to! I mean come on! Ugh
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.