Author Topic: BitShares.com For Sale  (Read 9505 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Indeed, what would you find an acceptable price  - $500? $1000?  $100,000?

People usually try to extract really high prices which can be percieved as opportunistic which is why perhaps you've had no takers.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I would pay 0.5 BTC for it and then donate it to the community. People are using .io addresses and soon .p2p addresses, etc. Invictus simply creates open source software upon which others build DACs, so a .com site has limited utility. It is not worth any more than this.

+5%

PS but nice try from mpitSharesdotkom
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:20:54 pm by liondani »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I would pay 0.5 BTC for it and then donate it to the community. People are using .io addresses and soon .p2p addresses, etc. Invictus simply creates open source software upon which others build DACs, so a .com site has limited utility. It is not worth any more than this. 

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile
bitshares.org is good enough...
Yes You are right, bitshares.com=4pts=10bts(someday in the future) but now it is useless like bitcoin.com . :)

Blockchain.info recently just signed a 5-year lease with the owner of bitcoin.com, as they plan on using the domain as a bitcoin education portal. They seem to find the domain very useful :)

+5%
BitShares domain should be .org because it's not commercial.

The last time I checked, the point of BitShares is the creation of profitable DACs, unlike the resource-wasting unprofitable inflationary Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, .org makes a lot more sense since there are no profits earned by its shareholders. BitShares is all about profit, thus in my opinion the non-profit connotations of the .org are misleading.

Bitcoin is a revolution of the people -- .org
Bitshares is a revolution in business -- .com

Regardless, A totally different website could be built on the .com, and the website itself could be immensely profitable through ads and/or other monetization methods. I imagine this is what Blockchain.info has in mind with bitcoin.com. Considering that BitShares could be creating new billion-dollar industries, I will be patient for the the right buyer as they will inevitably come along, just like with bitcoin.com / Blockchain.

In the meantime, I am still taking offers, for sale or for lease.

Offline testz

+5%
BitShares domain should be .org because it's not commercial.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
I'll give you 10 pts for it.

Offline hiquanta

• View Profile
Yes You are right, bitshares.com=4pts=10bts(someday in the future) but now it is useless like bitcoin.com . :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile
Still looking for more offers. I am open to the possibility of leasing this domain as well.

Offline BitShares.com

• View Profile
Dear BitShares community,

I am the holder of BitShares.com, registered in 2003, and I am now looking for offers for the domain name.

If you are interested in purchasing, please either write a reply to this post, send me a private message, or email me at danielgrover67 @ gmail.com.

Thank you,
Dan
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:52:06 am by BitShares.com »