Author Topic: CoinSummit Decentralization Panel.  (Read 5124 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Agreed. And will do.

Let's go!  ;D

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I've been assured that we could have been on this panel if we had just asked.

So, everybody, help us out.  If you hear about an opportunity like this, please make sure we don't miss it.

Thanks

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I think this thread has been a bit hard on Adam and making assumptions about his intentions that are not fair.

Lets give people the benefit of the doubt.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

clout

I want no snide remarks or excuses for why publicity is lacking. Even thinking like that is a bad attitude that will entrench the problem. No more denial, no more self-pity, no more self-aggrandizing insider jokes: It makes me feel claustrophobic and short on fresh air.

What Adam did is his problem. We have our problem. Problems need to be solved.

Let's Go!

who is saying that publicity is lacking? All the marketing that can be done at this point is being done. How can ppl better understand bitshares if they can't try it for their selves? The products simply need to be launched for them to even begin to get real recognition.

Offline JoeyD

Agreed.

Btw I find the whole bitcoin 2.0 shtick rather silly and probably decades away from being a useable marketing gimmick.

Let's first make the 1.0 ecosystem mainstream and hope we get to be there to see the need for a 2.0 improvement of all the things we (eventhough I'm just an investor/shareholder) are trying to build now.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I want no snide remarks or excuses for why publicity is lacking. Even thinking like that is a bad attitude that will entrench the problem. No more denial, no more self-pity, no more self-aggrandizing insider jokes: It makes me feel claustrophobic and short on fresh air.

What Adam did is his problem. We have our problem. Problems need to be solved.

Let's Go!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:07:44 pm by CLains »

Offline JoeyD

Oh no the marketing-race has begun: Bitcoin-3.6GTI with personal customizations.

clout

How can CionSummit hold a panel on decentralization without Dan Larimer? Is Dan or someone who could represent Invictus not in San Francisco? Did Adam pick the folks for the panel?
It just doesn't feel right that someone wasn't up there representing I3. What gives?

To be fair, there were only three participants at this event in Miami too.  Could be harder to do a panel with more than three...

Besides, this was a Bitcoin 2.0 panel. 

I'm sure we'll be included when they do the 3.0 category.

Hahaha i think that should be a marketing approach. While bitshares ME, counterparty and mastercoin are bitcoin 2.0, bitshares x certainly goes beyond bitcoin and beyond the 2.0's.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
How can CionSummit hold a panel on decentralization without Dan Larimer? Is Dan or someone who could represent Invictus not in San Francisco? Did Adam pick the folks for the panel?
It just doesn't feel right that someone wasn't up there representing I3. What gives?

To be fair, there were only three participants at this event in Miami too.  Could be harder to do a panel with more than three...

Besides, this was a Bitcoin 2.0 panel. 

I'm sure we'll be included when they do the 3.0 category.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:58:52 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline onceuponatime

Also I'm watching the CoinSummit Bitcoin 2.0 Panel and its absolutely hilarious that bitshares was not invited. This is certainly a matter of politics and Adam Levine's self interests. Ethereum is a long way in the making and probably can't scale, mastercoin will have difficulties with both scale-ability and the constraints of the bitcoin protocol, while nxt is too decentralized of a project to even function. I haven't felt as uncomfortable for someone as I felt watching the nxt "ambassador" talk and attempt to pitch nxt.

Where are you watching that?

Offline mitao

• View Profile
11:35 - 12:15
Decentralized Applications - the future of Bitcoin and virtual currencies?
Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum.org, David Johnston, Mastercoin Foundation, Brian Snyder, NXT
Moderated by Adam Levine, Let's talk Bitcoin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Also I'm watching the CoinSummit Bitcoin 2.0 Panel and its absolutely hilarious that bitshares was not invited. This is certainly a matter of politics and Adam Levine's self interests. Ethereum is a long way in the making and probably can't scale, mastercoin will have difficulties with both scale-ability and the constraints of the bitcoin protocol, while nxt is too decentralized of a project to even function. I haven't felt as uncomfortable for someone as I felt watching the nxt "ambassador" talk and attempt to pitch nxt.

No worries.  Press to MECO.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/feedback/expert/answer/mcc/sts-111/06_07_06_10_14.html

clout