Author Topic: The bitcoin has moved into a era that called de-chinalised!  (Read 5701 times)

Offline JoeyD

Clicking on the link at the top of the same site it shows USD having more than 80% global market share of BTC and CNY 10%.

That the numbers are the other way around for PTS, might tell us something about the cleverness of the average Chinese investor.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 02:42:28 pm by JoeyD »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I also wondered why so many people believe that the Chinese bitcoin market formed the majority. Latest numbers I've seen was 80% or more of all btc-exchanges were in USD and Yuan was around 10% or so.  Also the exchanges operating without fees and the suspected padding with zeros of numbers do not exactly prove a majority stake.

To me it looks like the entire Yuan-market is smaller than that of mtGox after it's decline. At least that gives us some reference of the effect on the market if a large stakeholder suddenly disappears.

I'm not sure what numbers you see, but it's things like this that have led me to believe that China is the biggest player: http://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#pts

Notice that over 98% of the total PTS traded in the past 24 hours was directly with CNY. That's a little higher than normal; I think normally it's more like 90%. But I've never seen CNY take less than 80% of the total PTS volume.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
If true, it will only be a bump in the road for crypto 1.0 and an eventual bonanza for 2.0 . Necessity is the mother of invention. This will pave the way for, "fiat free zones". Were merchants are crypto only and DACs make centralized fiat exchange mostly obsolete.

Either way we all win.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline JoeyD

It would be a sad thing if this would exclude or severely limit the majority of the Chinese from crypto-world. On the other hand, it would be nice if the constant uncertainty and speculation could finally be put to rest. Would be nice if we could get this over with and focus on other things.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
As far as I know, that wan not confirmed yet. What do people form china here think, how likely it is that this is true?
It would effectively shut down all Fiat-Crypto exchanges on the mainland...  How would you in such a case convert crypto <-> fiat? Would a foreign exchange work?

Offline JoeyD

I also wondered why so many people believe that the Chinese bitcoin market formed the majority. Latest numbers I've seen was 80% or more of all btc-exchanges were in USD and Yuan was around 10% or so.  Also the exchanges operating without fees and the suspected padding with zeros of numbers do not exactly prove a majority stake.

To me it looks like the entire Yuan-market is smaller than that of mtGox after it's decline. At least that gives us some reference of the effect on the market if a large stakeholder suddenly disappears.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
People will still trade in Bitcoin in China. You might not have the large exchanges but people will most likely still trade Bitcoin in person etc. Their central bank has taken these steps because they are very afraid.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you WIN.
I believe it was Ghandi that said this.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline adistman

• View Profile
That shouldn't be too much of an issue as there are still 6 Billion other people that may have an interest in Bitcoin.
I feel so depressed, that the revolution of blockchain in china was faded away before its time...
PTS:PgyN7fJ5d9bCkcQLUXxoaQ87KvT9ZQMqus
BTC:18CrpUSta2KpPhuP3XGbSSdEYgBzEoTaH7

Offline jae208

• View Profile
That shouldn't be too much of an issue as there are still 6 Billion other people that may have an interest in Bitcoin.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline adistman

• View Profile
The break news from china has hit bitcoin heavily today, The center bank of PRC has intend to cut the accounts of exchange in China. All chinese bank will provide none accounts for the exchanges in China. So it means that the goverment has made the final decision to close any non-cash transaction in the mainland. The bitcoin has moved into a era that called de-chinalised!
PTS:PgyN7fJ5d9bCkcQLUXxoaQ87KvT9ZQMqus
BTC:18CrpUSta2KpPhuP3XGbSSdEYgBzEoTaH7