Author Topic: BTS GameHost  (Read 3658 times)

Offline fuzzy

My favorite potential implementation here would have to be the concept of betting on the outcome of competitive game matches.  For instance, the outcome of a League of Legends (LoL) match...or World of Warcraft (WoW) arena matches...or FPS matches. 

I know many gamers who are forced to travel to competitions just for the chance to win a decent payout...this type of system would largely do to these events what Netflix and Utorrent did to Blockbuster...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Overthetop

Like the idea, DACs like lotto can be used as basic service for more complicated Game DACs, we can even build Game platforms on top of it.  :)
 +5%

Great idea!

+5%
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Like the idea, DACs like lotto can be used as basic service for more complicated Game DACs, we can even build Game platforms on top of it.  :)
 +5%
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Just a thought with Game Host DAC, Will it be an effective salesman of in-game Gold or Premium items in a WoW MMORPG? Or dealing item inventories, characters' attributes , etc...

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Well, Im a game buff myself. boards, videos, sports anything that is game-related. Gonna follow this thread and hope someday I can contribute ideas .  8)

+5% ditto
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Well, Im a game buff myself. boards, videos, sports anything that is game-related. Gonna follow this thread and hope someday I can contribute ideas .  8)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
This is just copy/pasted from my notes, so I apologize if it's hard to read. Some background reading is here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2690.0

** perfect information games: the best kind

You can construct a payoff matrix in a way where players will tend agree to admit losses and when they don't the network makes a profit. Massively reduce storage costs.

** perfect information with an RNG: same thing, you need a "trusted seed" which is  just H(block||players||timestamp)

** trusted non-collusive hosts, no mucking
The host can reveal what cards other players have but cannot influence the probability of cards you get (infinite deck poker)

4) ** incentivized non-collusive hosts -> "normal" poker possible

hidden RNG state between player actions, host can share information. Might be possible to user clever zero-knowledge proofs to show a host did a fairly generated deck without revealing players' mucked cards. Or mucker could have a chance to rat the host out and players get paid out from hosts' collateral

So the idea is, BTS Lotto takes the most basic "game service" - an RNG - and builds the most basic game you can out of it. Games that we *know* are fun and profitable should follow this model. This will be a "catch-all" DAC that will provide the basic information services you need to host games. So people could figure out a chess engine using this DAC, then spawn a dedicated chess DAC which can embed crazy stuff like ELO and paid tournaments and stuff.

* Brand New Game Types*
If you think about the more general game players are playing when they are connected to a random host (do I trust this host not to cheat, or maybe this host actually deliberately made public), it spurs some thinking about what sort of games could be designed.

I'm actually excited about this because inventing new games is basically incentive structure research and could spawn new DAC ideas.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.