Author Topic: Images for Website 4.0 -> $1000 in BTC [CLOSED]  (Read 17596 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Got payment so i've tagged [CLOSED]  OP! IF you need other formats etc. don't hesitate to contact me anytime.

cheers
cass
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 08:23:03 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i've created a google drive section for all CI/CD releated BitShares stuff. Sent a link to Brian, i'll add icons there also.
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
1PfZxmSWq5ikpzxyJpN3Rmtg5M16grk27C

thx :)

Offline bytemaster

Yeah will pay this now.  Looking for address. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
hey any updates on this byte!? pls let me know ... thx

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
byte let me know how you want to pay bountie fee if mission is accomplished.

BTC & PTS both are welcome :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
yay - saw the icons in video on FB page! Great   :P
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:17:50 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Yay optimizied OSX finder folders for BTS projects ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:46:44 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
First two look best.

Curing diseases, child or adult education, freeing knowledge, drug rehabilitation, there are a lot of different places where charity would be immensely helpful even if it's continuous. I think if you're just giving someone a cheque then that might encourage dependence if you're not giving an opportunity along with a cheque. That is the problem with welfare, it merely gives a cheque without giving any opportunity to the people receiving it. In a way it is pitiful but when the alternative is a prison cell it's far more cost effective and humane.

The replacement should not just give people a cheque. It give both a cheque and a choice. That means there should be options for people to better themselves and start businesses. Perhaps give people a cheque combined with a loan which they can use to buy capital assets with. The more successfully they invest, the more frequent and bigger their cheque.

Entrepreneurship should increase the amount of funding that people get but the current way welfare works the more ambitious the recipient is the more they get punished as their meal ticket is reduced.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:57:41 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
ok when finished think we can close bountie thread then ...! If you need more pls don't hesitate to contact my anytime.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
http://bitshares.bplaced.net/

ok icons are fixed now, must change the ico title position from bottom to top!
OK now the press logo section & footer section doesn't display correctly. Should i fix it also?
Thinking we should decrease the Footer title font size etc.. let me know

skpye: c5ssiopaia
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:59:02 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
It does not load properly on iPhone. 

ok let me check it again .. yes don't looked at mobile device ... my mistake ... icons doesn't display properly etc...

Offline bytemaster

It does not load properly on iPhone. 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
First two look best.

ok uploaded icons to my github fork and also here

first one i directly integrated! 2nd icon variants "stock1.svg" & "stock1-h.svg" you'll find in ico folder also...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:10:25 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline bytemaster

First two look best.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

check again for a few css updates - header nav section - image section etc...
will coloring the 2 press logos now and what do you thinking of to make the news section slideable ... like a logo slider ... cause i guess we'll get a lot more attention this year :)! Just thoughts...
Perhaps you should add me on skype for faster communication ...

edit: so i will upload 2 alternative stockex icons on my github fork.. use github first time so must learn how to use efficently etc. ... but np :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:58:39 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline bytemaster

byte, is the bitshares.org github version same version like bitshares.org version!? Cause on index.php there is no icon section etc? Need to know cause i want to polish hole page and get responsive working

Let me check in the latest.

Mission accomplished..    Travel by train is very nice with the free wifi that lets me work on this while we travel.

Offline bytemaster

byte, is the bitshares.org github version same version like bitshares.org version!? Cause on index.php there is no icon section etc? Need to know cause i want to polish hole page and get responsive working

Let me check in the latest.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
First two look best.

should i design an alternative graph icon at last? I could sent you all three  ...

Offline bytemaster

First two look best.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

alternative stock exchange icons! Let me know what you're thinking..

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

he dan,

sry for delay, was on travel.  Recognize you integrated icons already. Should i create a pull request or it's not necessary anymore?

Not necessary to create a pull request... I still would like the better icons for exchange.

I'll upload an alternative Exchange icon in a few hours...

C

Offline bytemaster

he dan,

sry for delay, was on travel.  Recognize you integrated icons already. Should i create a pull request or it's not necessary anymore?

Not necessary to create a pull request... I still would like the better icons for exchange.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
he dan,

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:02:41 am by cassiopaia »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I would like to publish this tomorrow.
Great initiative! Thx for the much nicer new page!!!

// EDIT: some subfolders are forbidden: /music/, /smart-contracts/
please fix this asap!
+ 404 on /documentations/ :-(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:16:26 pm by xeroc »

Offline bytemaster

When is this due?

I would like something before NYC.... but obviously will not be forced to select the best before then.  If it is usable then I will run with it.

when is that? i think i need an approximate date so i can decide if it is doable?

Cheers

I would like to publish this tomorrow.

Offline kickky

• View Profile
When is this due?

I would like something before NYC.... but obviously will not be forced to select the best before then.  If it is usable then I will run with it.

when is that? i think i need an approximate date so i can decide if it is doable?

Cheers
花爷PTS钱包地址:PmUahfrEvADd7KewwpcZwNBg6LNGgzCyAG
花爷比特币钱包地址:1Ggfyb5HN6Eb7S5j3zax3NpQ4V6ZWStHeh

Offline bytemaster

Lets not brand the industry.  Make it something other than a product logo. 

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I like them all except for the Stock Exchange icon. I know what you're going for: an intersecting graph, but I think it's too abstract. How about just your normal rising and falling zig-zag type graph (like this one)?

Yes i know i have done this before but i really like the Bts x cause its a distributed exchange Platform ... So this icon should fit perfectly...
What youR'e thinking about?

yay i love this too but Dan mentioned the ban and stock icon were to similar! But if needed i'll design a alternative icon.
Dan/Brian what you think of stock icon?

I see what you mean now. I knew I recognised that 'x' from somewhere. All I'm suggesting is to integrate the 'x' into a proper graph, like your original design here: http://i.imgur.com/Dcfqzsu.png

Offline jernau

• View Profile
I like them all except for the Stock Exchange icon. I know what you're going for: an intersecting graph, but I think it's too abstract. How about just your normal rising and falling zig-zag type graph (like this one)?

Yes i know i have done this before but i really like the Bts x cause its a distributed exchange Platform ... So this icon should fit perfectly...

I see what you mean now. I knew I recognised that 'x' from somewhere. All I'm suggesting is to integrate the 'x' into a proper graph, like your original design here: http://i.imgur.com/Dcfqzsu.png
PTS: PgiEykg2RATYwWYhFtyNRqwSxQyEApLSmW

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:27:40 am by cassiopaia »

Offline jernau

• View Profile
PTS: PgiEykg2RATYwWYhFtyNRqwSxQyEApLSmW

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

here we go .. changed the font ...delete hover bg etc. -->  less massive

byte pls let me know if it fits on 15" - thx

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Looking really good, but on my 15" laptop screen I cannot see all 12 icons at once and don't like the giant square when hovering.

Lets make it a tad more dense, remove the learn more links, and have hover change the Text Color + Icon without changing the whole background. 

Then I think it will probably fit better on one screen and be a nice summary page.

yes indeed this could work :) i'll change it later and post update here then...

Offline bytemaster

Looking really good, but on my 15" laptop screen I cannot see all 12 icons at once and don't like the giant square when hovering.

Lets make it a tad more dense, remove the learn more links, and have hover change the Text Color + Icon without changing the whole background. 

Then I think it will probably fit better on one screen and be a nice summary page.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

When is this due?

but you mean the complete index.php section or specifically this 12 icon task here!? OR complete page? :) Usable isn't very scalable ...
Don't want to join another over weeks bounty again. If you think it could, pls change bounty from $ to BTC or PTS. this would be fair.

I was referring to the 12 icon set...

Did  you check the link again?

Offline bytemaster

When is this due?

but you mean the complete index.php section or specifically this 12 icon task here!? OR complete page? :) Usable isn't very scalable ...
Don't want to join another over weeks bounty again. If you think it could, pls change bounty from $ to BTC or PTS. this would be fair.

I was referring to the 12 icon set...

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
When is this due?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:50:47 am by cassiopaia »

Offline bytemaster

When is this due?

Offline bytemaster

should i fix the complete index.php / css / responsive doesn't work / fonts etc. ? let me know ...

If you see things to fix, go for it.

Offline kickky

• View Profile
花爷PTS钱包地址:PmUahfrEvADd7KewwpcZwNBg6LNGgzCyAG
花爷比特币钱包地址:1Ggfyb5HN6Eb7S5j3zax3NpQ4V6ZWStHeh

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
should i fix the complete index.php / css / responsive doesn't work / fonts etc. ? let me know ...

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
pls check again now http://bitshares.bplaced.net/

1 row - inset shadow div
2 row - normal shadow outside
3 row - raw

also icons get a little shadow ... what do you think ? or just flat style like before...

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:42:14 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline bytemaster

Friend works with photoshop daily :) Will ask her to have a look as well :)

PS: Do you guys just one set or with an alt color as well (For like when you hover over it, it changes colour)

A set of icons that work well in multiple places, light background, dark background, etc.   We need a robust visual language.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Like them a lot. Once we confirm them, I will use them as the board icons also.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline JoeyD

I'm not to good with 2d, but I can do 3d if you want. That would be a pretty strong design decision however and might be at odds with 2d-vector-graphics. Give me a holler if that would be ok and I'll try my hand at a few icons that pop out.

Offline cabooseza

• View Profile
Friend works with photoshop daily :) Will ask her to have a look as well :)

PS: Do you guys just one set or with an alt color as well (For like when you hover over it, it changes colour)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:02:54 pm by cabooseza »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Banking and stock exchange look too similar.  I like most of them. 

yes this was my intention, to show different icons but with similarities! i'll design alternative icons for both later the day.

c

Offline bytemaster

Banking and stock exchange look too similar.  I like most of them. 

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I would say move the dot farther to the right even

I think there's a joke about committees in here somewhere

:) ok

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I would say move the dot farther to the right even

I think there's a joke about committees in here somewhere
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
The logo for Domain Names looks misaligned .. could you center the got to the middle?

Besides that I really like it! +5%

You mean the dot is not in the middle? I think its suppposed to be that way, so that a website becomes something.com (say); the name is longer than the TLD.

exactly

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
@cassiopaia looks good but unfortunate that the token looking bases are grey.

thx - yes but color shemes are changed fast :) np

Offline davidpbrown

@cassiopaia looks good but unfortunate that the token looking bases are grey.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
The logo for Domain Names looks misaligned .. could you center the got to the middle?

hehe yes indeed it looks a little bit like - but if you center your eyes on bottom corner then you will notice, thats centered aligned ... but i can rejust it if really needed ... sure np

edit 15:50: doubled checked DN icon, its aligned correctly ^^
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:41:33 pm by cassiopaia »

sumantso

You mean the dot is not in the middle? I think its suppposed to be that way, so that a website becomes something.com (say); the name is longer than the TLD.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

just made the first row for presentation purposes ... hope you like it...

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Let me know what you think about! :) dark icons are hovered icons...if you like i'll integrate it completly into site via pull request...
its a raw draft but if you like i'll polish icons and fittting perfect into site...

For charity, insurance, smart contract, gaming, lending &  indentity if have alternative icons, if you want to see it too, pls let me know...then i'll upload those also.

I've noticed, that  fluid design properties doesn't resize columns correctl. After 4 in a row we should have a 3 grid / 2 grid / 1 grd scale ratio.
If you want i can fix this also... perhaps reworking complete page...

cheers
cass
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:42:31 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline bytemaster

I'm very curious about the internal politics going on, regardless of the final site but Brian has been appointed with creating the new website experience with (most likely) AGS funds. Now a new website is under construction which is miles away from what we have now. If it's a matter of content or content classification I think this had to be run through him. PTS dropping like crazy and less and less status updates (Keyhotee, BitShares X) are coming through. Focus on the products please, we have not seen anything yet which couldn't be made in a weekend with someone with some programming skills. I've always defended 3I but this is getting out of hand. Of course it's nice to ask the community about important subjects but you're smart enough to deal with these yourself and I'm getting the feeling that it's only meant to take the heat of the ever surpassing deadlines. Just do what you think is right, the community has your back and if something is wrong or could have been done better we'd find out early in the first test chains.

I recognize your concern and just want to write code.  Brian was unable to produce the website because the content was not there... I am trying to put the content there and get people running on their own (without me)... but not everything is under my control.   

Offline bytemaster

Do you want vector styled icons like the bitShares b !? Or image style?

I don't know... not my skill, but it would probably be best to fit with the existing logo styles and colors.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
I'm very curious about the internal politics going on, regardless of the final site but Brian has been appointed with creating the new website experience with (most likely) AGS funds. Now a new website is under construction which is miles away from what we have now. If it's a matter of content or content classification I think this had to be run through him. PTS dropping like crazy and less and less status updates (Keyhotee, BitShares X) are coming through. Focus on the products please, we have not seen anything yet which couldn't be made in a weekend with someone with some programming skills. I've always defended 3I but this is getting out of hand. Of course it's nice to ask the community about important subjects but you're smart enough to deal with these yourself and I'm getting the feeling that it's only meant to take the heat of the ever surpassing deadlines. Just do what you think is right, the community has your back and if something is wrong or could have been done better we'd find out early in the first test chains.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Do you want vector styled icons like the bitShares b !? Or image style?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline bytemaster

I am looking for the best uniform icon set for the 12 companies section of the website.

http://107.170.30.182/index.php#companies

These icons should be unique, of the same theme. 

To get paid you must submit a valid pull request with all of the icons inserted into their proper place on the website as well as provide us with high-resolution originals.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:07:36 pm by cassiopaia »