Author Topic: Delegated Proof of Stake (DPOS) White Paper  (Read 76814 times)

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
If you increase the min fee to $0.01 then the network would earn $5 per min and a delegate would earn 0.005 per min. 0.30 per hour for a total $600 per year. 

We can therefore calculate the delegate pay based upon the average dollar value of the trx fee.

The challenge is pegging the fee to a dollar amount in some reasonable way. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is the operating time for a day? 24 hours?

Base on this

0.005/min   0.30/hour  ??/day  600/year <--- how did this calculated ?

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Dpos aims for a max around 8 trx per sec.

+5%
only 8trx per sec ?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:16:51 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline bytemaster

If you increase the min fee to $0.01 then the network would earn $5 per min and a delegate would earn 0.005 per min. 0.30 per hour for a total $600 per year. 

We can therefore calculate the delegate pay based upon the average dollar value of the trx fee.

The challenge is pegging the fee to a dollar amount in some reasonable way. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Dpos aims for a max around 8 trx per sec.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
1 share per byte. 

But 1 share could be worth a lot. 140 XTS per tx would be a bit much.   Answered above
Background: I calculated the bitcoin real tx fee to be around 28 USD per every tx: There are about 400 tx per block with btc atm https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions-per-block -> 25 btc / 400 tx = 0.0625 btc = 28.125 USD per tx, which is the average cost per tx the network has, which is paid to miners.
To estimate the efficiency gain I wanted to have a comparable measure for a DPOS network.
You mentioned before that if a DPOS chain would roughly have the tx volume Bitcoin has now, a delegate would earn 25,000 USD per year ->  25000 * 100 (delegates) * 10 (as delegates only get 10 % of fees) = 25000000 tx fees per year / 365 = 68493 / 24 = 2854 / 6 = 475.64 / 400 (tx volme pper 10 minutes like now with bitcoin) = 1.19 USD tx fee per tx
That though surely would be not the direct way to estimate tx fees... 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:37:41 pm by delulo »

Offline bytemaster

That is just the min.  Delegates and wallets will likely require more until we know a solid price. 

Offline bytemaster

1 share is a satoshi. 

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
?!? 1BTS per byte meaning a transaction will charge at least 140 BTS? I think I missed an important detail here.

Offline bytemaster

1 share per byte. 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Min trx size is 140 bytes. 

sorry bm dont wanna keep you from work... I wanted to estimate the tx FEE not the tx size...
What about would the tx fee be when the (average or individual? See question above in this post) tx byte size is the one of a simple tx (transfer tokens from adr. A to Adr. B)? 

Offline bytemaster

Min trx size is 140 bytes. 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
What about will the tx fees be for a DPOS tx? It should be the same no matter how high tx volume is because, as far as I know, the reward for the delegates should depend on the tx volume?

TRX Fee is proportional to the number of bytes for most transactions.  Fee adjusts like bitcoin difficulty does... if the block sizes get too big the fee goes up, if they shrink the fee falls.   

The network only makes a lot of money once transaction demand starts to be more than bandwidth allotments.
So if the average byte size of a block is small but I post a tx with a lot of bytes, than that wouldn't cost me much? That would not be a good incentive structure... Would it?
What about would the tx fee be when the (average or individual? See question above in this post) tx byte size is the one of a simple tx (transfer tokens from adr. A to Adr. B)? 

Offline bytemaster

What about will the tx fees be for a DPOS tx? It should be the same no matter how high tx volume is because, as far as I know, the reward for the delegates should depend on the tx volume?

TRX Fee is proportional to the number of bytes for most transactions.  Fee adjusts like bitcoin difficulty does... if the block sizes get too big the fee goes up, if they shrink the fee falls.   

The network only makes a lot of money once transaction demand starts to be more than bandwidth allotments.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Perhaps their income stream could be locked for a certain length of time sufficient enough to encourage good behavior. Like what they get paid is actually payable within the next year in chunks. Just a thought.

+5%   to be a Delegate.Certain amount of bts  should be locked by system.
the 10% fee win unlock until the block is verifyed  about certain blocks later
such as  block 1000 is handled by Delegate1, when block 1100 is confirmed ,the fee of block 1000 is unlocked.