Author Topic: thread on peercoin reddit  (Read 2129 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Sunny King just dropped in for a chat on their forum. Here's a transcript.

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2616.0

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I think cooperation and consensus building are a great idea. Especially with Peercoin, which I really respect and which has a committed long term group of followers. But isn't Jordan Lee building Peershares, essentially their version of a simple DAC? I know they're probably nowhere near to Bitshares, and at best this probably would be something like Bitshares Me. But in some peoples' minds, I can see how Bitshares may be a conflict of interest, so to speak. I don't see it as a conflict, but some of them might.

They are building a colored coins application with peershares, not a whole bunch of applications...

Let's approach that community in a cooperative manner. Not like: We are better, come to us (like it was a bit the case with the Namecoin vs. DNS video). More like: Let the exchange of ideas between two great crypto 2.0 communities/projects, both with great a futures, be inspirational and beneficial for both sides.

Rule the galaxy as father and son, as it were?  ;)

hehe. Mr Evans likes to speak in riddles :)

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
I think cooperation and consensus building are a great idea. Especially with Peercoin, which I really respect and which has a committed long term group of followers. But isn't Jordan Lee building Peershares, essentially their version of a simple DAC? I know they're probably nowhere near to Bitshares, and at best this probably would be something like Bitshares Me. But in some peoples' minds, I can see how Bitshares may be a conflict of interest, so to speak. I don't see it as a conflict, but some of them might.

They are building a colored coins application with peershares, not a whole bunch of applications...

Let's approach that community in a cooperative manner. Not like: We are better, come to us (like it was a bit the case with the Namecoin vs. DNS video). More like: Let the exchange of ideas between two great crypto 2.0 communities/projects, both with great a futures, be inspirational and beneficial for both sides.

Rule the galaxy as father and son, as it were?  ;)

Offline bytemaster

+1
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

I am a holder of peercoin with approximately 10% of my initial bitcoin holdings behind it.  I have been doing a decent bit of talking about this as well.  It is my opinion that alliances in these areas and with communities of a like mind are extremely important...good post.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/229ivs/hello_peercoin_people_im_new_and_trying_to_get_up/

This seems like the perfect audience to introduce at DACs. Someone want to have a go?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.