Author Topic: Zenith Music Exchange  (Read 25605 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
He should keep Zenith Music if that works. It does sound cool. As for Zenithcoin, if he owns it all then I don't understand why he really needs that vehicle for his profit-sharing from the music venture. He probably doesn't need it, given his partnership now with Bitshares.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
No need to be upset just yet. The most likely is that Eddie simply bought it from FrictionlessCoin, thinking Zenith was a cool name, and not thinking too seriously about the reputation of the coin or its owner. Now that he doesn't need the coin anymore, he still feels attached to it, and so puts it work for a new purpose, as distributor.

If that's the case, then the only remaining question for Eddie and Cob is to consider if the name Zenith, the website domain, the distribution of the coin, and the reputation of the coin, sums up to outweigh effort into an alternative name, website domain, distribution mechanism, and consequent reputation.

Zenith is a bad ass name actually. He has to keep that name.
Just make Zenithcoin 2.0 and map it to the original. This way you can avoid the reputation.

Honestly no one but a few people will care about this issue. I didn't really know much about Zenithcoin and the sort of people who would use the Zenith exchange might not even know much about Bitcoin.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
It is once we as the jukebox, but Eddie is adding even more value than just a jukebox. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems Eddie is bringing the big music execs on board which is great. I think an additional chain should be tailored for independent artists.

So overall I think it's a brilliant idea and 50/50 is a great deal. How can people complain about 50/50?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
I take it back. I remembered Zenithcoin was extremely hated and by and large had a bad rep, so much so that nobody was even interested in the giveaways. The coin dev, Solarcx, was getting 50% of the mined ZTC which was a major sticking point (not to mention his extremely arrogant attitude). He had in the middle also tried using the coins as tokens for some BTC mining which didn't work out. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219644.0

So I looked up in BTCtalk again and it seems that the coin was recently sold to 'FrictionlessCoin' which is probably Ed (or Ed hired FrictionlessCoin), who has a very bad standing in the community, and personally to me seemed like someone who has been trying to scam (he has been quite busy, including some fork of NXT and has raised quite a lot of money).

Since I don't have much idea about the business, and how hard it is to try to get somebody like Ed, I would strongly urge others to look into it. But I should add that if I was not invested in I3 earlier, I would have certainly steered cleared of I3 if I heard it was allying with ZTC/FC. Granted, the loss of my puny investments wouldn't have registered; but I am willing to bet lots of others would have the same feeling.

That coin is now under new management.  Not being a coin developer, Eddie's original strategy was to buy an abandoned worthless coin and rejuvenate it by backing it with the value of his ideas.  Then he met us.

Now we are using the power of the snapshot to move all of his capital into a better platform - bitshares!

We expect to rescue the holders of many other unprofitable platforms, maybe even Bitcoin, as more and more folks abandon mined coins for a profitable platform.

After the merging snapshot, all music will trade in bitshares, so what difference will the history of the ship that delivered the wealth to our ecosystem make?

This idea is brilliant. There are a lot of "dead" coins which can be revived.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Isnt it a security issue if one person own close to half of the coins as he controls half of the votes?

Offline bytemaster

I am talking with Eddie about the history of ZenithCoin and whether its baggage is worth bringing on board.

Given its $10K marketcap (last I saw) I would gather it is better to consider the $10K sunk cost and adopt another option.   Ultimately this will be Eddies call and he is aware of the problem.

Our role in ZME is mostly consultant on the blockchain market side of the equation.  His role is marketing and user adoption. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline angrywinds

• View Profile
I think "Zenith Music Exchange" != "Bitshares Music".

Therefore,you've all been  angry  for nothing . Bitshares Music do not give 50% to zeit,just Zenith Music Exchange do .
so Bitshares Music is an empty shell ? what  has 3i done for the  "Bitshares Music"?

3i deliver the technique behind the new DAC

the technique? does Bitshares Music play the role of the toolkit?  Bitshares Music is a dac.
btsid: btcshares

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Btw, what share in Bitshares Music does cob (the backend developer, if I remember right) get?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I'm curious why Eddie's full name isn't used ?  It doesn't really fit with what I would expect from someone in the music promotion business.
People are just too lazy: Eddie Corral

From our March Newsletter:

Eddie Corral joins the partnership with 25 plus years in the music
business from recording to music publishing, concert promotions and
radio broadcast experience – Eddie has worked for the major label system
and has signed five acts to major label deals. Eddie is a current fifteen
year voting member of the recording academy NARAS – his experience
will help shape the future of how BitShares Music will engage the fan
directly with a recording artist of his/her choice. Eddie will be in charge
of securing contracts with artist and record labels to secure a smooth
transition into this new and exciting platform.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:36:54 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I'm curious why Eddie's full name isn't used ?  It doesn't really fit with what I would expect from someone in the music promotion business.
People are just too lazy: Eddie Corral

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I speak for myself and only myself.

sumantso

zenithcoin is listed as a Bitshares partner here http://bitshares.org/partners/

I had glanced through that earlier, but had mixed it up with zetacoin.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

sumantso

No need to be upset just yet. The most likely is that Eddie simply bought it from FrictionlessCoin, thinking Zenith was a cool name, and not thinking too seriously about the reputation of the coin or its owner. Now that he doesn't need the coin anymore, he still feels attached to it, and so puts it work for a new purpose, as distributor.

If that's the case, then the only remaining question for Eddie and Cob is to consider if the name Zenith, the website domain, the distribution of the coin, and the reputation of the coin, sums up to outweigh effort into an alternative name, website domain, distribution mechanism, and consequent reputation.

FrictionlessCoin is actively involved, as you can see from the BTCtalk thread.

Ed can just create his own scrypt coin for a fraction of a BTC with a, say, 90% premine and it will have better rep than this. ZTC network is dead anyways.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Eddie, say something about this, please.

He's in talks with major music labels. Did you see the video on Bitshares FB?