Author Topic: [proposal] pre-XT release aka a testnet for bitshares XT with 'fair' distr.  (Read 2269 times)

Offline bytemaster

Good point.  I was kind of half joking, but wanted to make a point about who we are targeting - we want people with big numbers on their BANK statements, not their doge wallets. Doge crowd is not the target market for what Bitshares X is offering, bitcoin maybe, wall street definitely.

Perhaps... what you really want is attention / mind share.   People with big BANK statements pay very high premiums for eyeballs.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Good point.  I was kind of half joking, but wanted to make a point about who we are targeting - we want people with big numbers on their BANK statements, not their doge wallets. Doge crowd is not the target market for what Bitshares X is offering, bitcoin maybe, wall street definitely.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
How you wont do acctually achieve that? Wanna visit tgem? Cryptocurrencies can redeem their shares via privkey..

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
How about we skip the dodgecoin kids and give out shares to registered hedge funds instead?
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Plus, as new algorithms and api calls are needed for btsX trading you could really use a testnet for testing purposes and not fuck up our own portfolio .. we all know how dangerous programming errors in bots may become!

Offline davidpbrown

If you value something, you don't give it away for free and at random?.. Who has money to burn?? Gifting might be associated with cheap alt-coins.
For sure invest in promotion and activities that stimulate interest but I wonder that gifting to people who likely won't fully appreciate it at that time, looks odd to those who witness that and those who reflect on it.

I think having a testnet wide open and avaliable for people to dip their toe and play around; to give them confidence, is a very good idea.. not just initially pre-anything but perpetually. That could be a sandbox for any changes or following innovations too.. catch the same crowd many times and reduce the work on each occasion getting people engaged.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline JA

• View Profile
my intention is nothing more than let others test the power of bitshares easily withouth the hidlhadl of buying or begging for testshares/testcoins

The idea of giving a 1%(?) share of XT to all btc owners is also a nice idea but might result in a dumping of coins much like what happend to memorycoin
i would be fine even with 5% to btc holders
just for the network effect and with the message that bts is not just a altcoin

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
my intention is nothing more than let others test the power of bitshares easily withouth the hidlhadl of buying or begging for testshares/testcoins

The idea of giving a 1%(?) share of XT to all btc owners is also a nice idea but might result in a dumping of coins much like what happend to memorycoin

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Good idea! We should have tons of ideas like this.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hey there,

reading through
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4107.0
it just came to my mind that we can attract alot of people by releasing a testnet (as in traditional coins -- not to be mixed up with bitshares xT!)
The initial distribution of the testnet (as it should also be based on dPOS) could be snapshotted from an altcoin/bitcoin.
Much like takeing
50% bitcoin
50% dogecoin (just an option)

please discuss!