Author Topic: Mac wallet - no block source  (Read 4896 times)

Offline testz

It's been out already, I really wish they would keep their site updated

Which .dmg file are you referring to that is more recent? 

We are actively working on new mac .dmg files for Keyhotee and PTS

So I have two Macs... An iMac and MacBook Air. The Keyhotee App works fine on the iMac but not the MacBook Air. The Bitshares-PTS App (The build from last night 4-14 & this afternoon 4-15) doesnt work on either Mac. It crashes before even doing 'any loading' on both Macs... Not even creating a /library/ApplicationSupport/Bitshares-PTS/ Folder. Does anyone else have these issues? Is there any advice anyone can give so I can get this wallet working so I can transfer my coin from Cryptsy?

Try official 1.0.0 version from https://github.com/BitShares/BitShares-PTS/releases

Offline reiddouthat

So I have two Macs... An iMac and MacBook Air. The Keyhotee App works fine on the iMac but not the MacBook Air. The Bitshares-PTS App (The build from last night 4-14 & this afternoon 4-15) doesnt work on either Mac. It crashes before even doing 'any loading' on both Macs... Not even creating a /library/ApplicationSupport/Bitshares-PTS/ Folder. Does anyone else have these issues? Is there any advice anyone can give so I can get this wallet working so I can transfer my coin from Cryptsy?
Charles R Douthat | @creiddouthat

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
still waiting for a working osx wallet, is there any schedule for the release of the new osx wallet ?

Offline Giga

• View Profile
Also I hear about 0.4 max wallet hope that comes out soon !

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Giga

• View Profile
Thanks for the encouraging words lib :) however no luck it seems . Mac wallet stuck on sync for more than 24 hours no progress. Gonna load up the windows wallet and give it a shot

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline lib

• liberty
    • View Profile
So i decided to finally move my protos from cryptsy to my own wallet, downloaded the mac wallet and it just won't connect, "no block source available"

i tried the debug method addnode add and also onetry no luck.

Anyone else was able to solve this ? seems like many ppl have this issue but no solutions yet ?

I came up the same problem with mac client this evening and found some useful node here(https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=355.0).
Guess you can try the same way.
help->debug->console and input commands:
addnode 61.238.157.8 add
addnode 54.254.192.95 add
addnode 54.207.21.146 add
addnode 54.206.30.227 add
addnode 54.219.164.14 add
addnode 146.185.172.136 add
addnode 162.243.14.13 add
addnode 5.9.24.81 add
addnode 23.92.25.118 add

thnx lib, its syncronizing now but v v v v slow :-P

im kinda giving up on the mac client if it doesnt improve in the next day or so lol

hang on ;D
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA
Personal Address: PakhuBkqTu4oTHJ4ZffvzVwCGCMfuqazgm

Offline Giga

• View Profile
So i decided to finally move my protos from cryptsy to my own wallet, downloaded the mac wallet and it just won't connect, "no block source available"

Anyone else was able to solve this ? seems like many ppl have this issue but no solutions yet ?

I came up the same problem with mac client this evening and found some useful node here(https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=355.0).
addnode 61.238.157.8 add
addnode 5.9.24.81 add
addnode 23.92.25.118 add

thnx lib, its syncronizing now but v v v v slow :-P

im kinda giving up on the mac client if it doesnt improve in the next day or so lol

Offline lib

• liberty
    • View Profile

addnode 61.238.157.8 add
addnode 5.9.24.81 add
addnode 23.92.25.118 add
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:09:30 pm by lib »
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA
Personal Address: PakhuBkqTu4oTHJ4ZffvzVwCGCMfuqazgm

Offline testz

This should work for you: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=355.msg2864#msg2864
Try run client from terminal as: ./protoshares-qt -connect=cryptoseed.cloudapp.net:80

Offline Giga

• View Profile

Unfortunately, Mac wallet does have this issue, cause it's still version 0.2.0. you have to add all the nodes you can find, if you are lucky, the wallet will connect to the network. Otherwise, just wait for 0.4.0 version for Mac wallet

thanks for the reply ripple, that's too bad as i'm a primary mac user. Think i'm gonna wait for 0.4 or maybe install a wallet on my vmware windows machine.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont

Unfortunately, Mac wallet does have this issue, cause it's still version 0.2.0. you have to add all the nodes you can find, if you are lucky, the wallet will connect to the network. Otherwise, just wait for 0.4.0 version for Mac wallet
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Giga

• View Profile