Author Topic: An idea of changing the amount bts  (Read 2399 times)

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
The total market cap may be increase to accommodate small to medium investors but I think 400 million is too much . Maybe max will be 50 million. So that BTS may price around $5 to $8 /bts.

The only way market cap increases is if price rises on existing shares. You can't increase market cap by creating new shares.

Market Cap is the monetary value of all existing shares.

Float is the total number of shares. Or you know, you could just say "total number of shares".

Increasing the Float does not mean Market Cap will increase.

If a stock is worth $100 and you split it, it doesn't mean you just automaticity created 2 shares worth $100 each. You just created 2 shares worth $50 still maintaining the $100 value pre split.

The only thing it mostly like will do, raising the float, is possibly make BTS more liquid. Which in no way means it will be worth more.

yup I agree with you. BTS has already been allocated for  4million shares . By way of splitting its price per share thus making it liquid and affordable for small to medium investors.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
The total market cap may be increase to accommodate small to medium investors but I think 400 million is too much . Maybe max will be 50 million. So that BTS may price around $5 to $8 /bts.

The only way market cap increases is if price rises on existing shares. You can't increase market cap by creating new shares.

Market Cap is the monetary value of all existing shares.

Float is the total number of shares. Or you know, you could just say "total number of shares".

Increasing the Float does not mean Market Cap will increase.

If a stock is worth $100 and you split it, it doesn't mean you just automaticity created 2 shares worth $100 each. You just created 2 shares worth $50 still maintaining the $100 value pre split.

The only thing it mostly like will do, raising the float, is possibly make BTS more liquid. Which in no way means it will be worth more.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:49:37 pm by newmine »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
i am alot more optimistic (at least as i am in longterm) such that i am willing to buy as many bts for 8$ as possible.

Offline taoljj

• View Profile
This has already been discussed extensively somewhere in this board

Do you happen to have a link to that thread?

Some Opinions on the Default Unit of BTSX
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3024.0
BTS      Witness: delegate.taoljj

Offline fuzzy

Do you happen to have a link to that thread?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline baijie

• View Profile
Everyone's BTS, for example, an increase of 100 times, BTS amounted to 400 million +5%

Offline baijie

• View Profile
the  number of bts, also change?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
There are 1 billion bips, which is each dac's unit of account

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline baijie

• View Profile
Most people want cheap things, hoping to dilute bts number (for example, 800 million), thereby reducing the price of each bts, so that most people can be cheaper to buy bts.
According to the current 4 million of bts, a single high prices, investors will be scared, afraid trading bts.