Author Topic: What's the latest version of MemoryCoin wallet?  (Read 8759 times)

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
I would prefer that freetrade agree to keep maintaining the client and be part of the community. It is up to him. Invitation sent and waiting for reply......

I don't see it as a particularly pressing issue. Really quite a small attack area and MC not a big target for an attack. The client should be updated though . . . i'm interested to see if our elected officers can organize it.
If you're back in business (meaning you have time for it now), it would be great to get you reelected to the CTO or CEO role.
The only technical person in the crew is killerbyte and I assume he needs a hand :)

Welcome back!

Just because FT replies doesn't mean he's going to actively develop again,
You can't get your hopes up so easily like that itzik!
Positive thinking + Positive pressure :)
Anyway, truthfully, 1 tech person in the team is enough to make sure we're on track.
We just need to utilize the time efficiently...

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
I would prefer that freetrade agree to keep maintaining the client and be part of the community. It is up to him. Invitation sent and waiting for reply......

I don't see it as a particularly pressing issue. Really quite a small attack area and MC not a big target for an attack. The client should be updated though . . . i'm interested to see if our elected officers can organize it.
If you're back in business (meaning you have time for it now), it would be great to get you reelected to the CTO or CEO role.
The only technical person in the crew is killerbyte and I assume he needs a hand :)

Welcome back!

Just because FT replies doesn't mean he's going to actively develop again,
You can't get your hopes up so easily like that itzik!

Offline itsik78

• View Profile

Welcome back!

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
Vote for seraphim to lead a team of supporters as MMC CSO
Send 0.00000001 to MVTEcsoL9GvfezMUgEDnhr7ioRAsByuTAv

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
itzik, spare your words :)

He would just like to voice his opinion.

-not like anyone really needs to care about it.-
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:51:42 am by Delinquency »

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
How can I make things worse when I have no control, stake or a power in this coin? You know what, my top MMC balance was around 3000 MMC. I have never been in a position, supported you guys and lost. Lets start from the beginning. As a professional translator, I translated MMC page with a nearly 80% discount compared to my regular translation projects. I contributed to have an automated payment gateway for MMC. I became the first merchant to accept MMC when there's no payment gateway around while accepting any loss in gold/mmc trade and ended up with 0 customers in 4 months. I offered the community to create MemoryCoin gold bars and got no response. Now BC gold bars are in production phase - you know why? simple, community support! collaboration, working together, developing ideas, teamwork, that's what I'm after always.
I can do some more but my critic list is a long one to travel the entire planet multiple times that you can't imagine and you, (not personally you but the community) preferred bunch of amateurs, namely itsik78 - a marketing officer watching bter market most of the time, letting people know about current market prices, tips, robonix (an immature guy as we understand from that bold candidate campaign), identity failed isaac goldbourne, cencor seraphim (decent but clearly not enough for the position), a so-called CEO who doesn't provide version information of its releases, a CEO that had approached me from hundred miles away when I first started to accept MMC in the store, etc..
in this community, even some of my messages are deleted.. cencored.. thanks to seraphim. we thought nazi germany was failed but it seems it's been resurrected here.
now it is getting even worse but please do not accuse me that I'm making things worse. I'm just telling the truth publicly and it sometimes hurts.

you may ask me why I'm criticising so harsh.. and I say I still believe MemoryCoin's voting power.
I think the coin should be written from scratch without a premine, with market decentralization, early POW/followed up with POS just like in BC, ECC, AC.. summer is coming! :)

<Yawn/>
You could sum up this entire piece of junk you just wrote with 1 sentence:
"I'm so smart, the rest of the world is so stupid!"
Jesus, what an annoying human being you are. I'm so glad you failed miserably in getting elected for any position... You can understand what people think of you by seeing how tomorrow gained the CMO position in 2 days without any real effort (while you failed to even tickle the position for 2 months...).
No one wants a crappy personality (that doesn't even understand the basic fact that GOLD IS A NICHE PRODUCT THAT MOST PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO PHYSICALLY HAVE) that blaims the entire world for bad business decisions.

Just sell your MMC and GTFOOH.

Note: I'm not going to respond to any moronic reply you might have to my post. This is not a discussion.

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
It was your choice to personally invest your time and effort in a coin that had the risk of structural issues.

Now, you're just being overly aggressive towards the same community you decided to adopt.

I think you're being critical of people; despite our DAC label and people from different ethics, just one thing that you witness does not create a person's identity.

If you want to clear out everybody's coin balance, good luck trying!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:06:20 pm by Delinquency »

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
How can I make things worse when I have no control, stake or a power in this coin? You know what, my top MMC balance was around 3000 MMC. I have never been in a position, supported you guys and lost. Lets start from the beginning. As a professional translator, I translated MMC page with a nearly 80% discount compared to my regular translation projects. I contributed to have an automated payment gateway for MMC. I became the first merchant to accept MMC when there's no payment gateway around while accepting any loss in gold/mmc trade and ended up with 0 customers in 4 months. I offered the community to create MemoryCoin gold bars and got no response. Now BC gold bars are in production phase - you know why? simple, community support! collaboration, working together, developing ideas, teamwork, that's what I'm after always.
I can do some more but my critic list is a long one to travel the entire planet multiple times that you can't imagine and you, (not personally you but the community) preferred bunch of amateurs, namely itsik78 - a marketing officer watching bter market most of the time, letting people know about current market prices, tips, robonix (an immature guy as we understand from that bold candidate campaign), identity failed isaac goldbourne, cencor seraphim (decent but clearly not enough for the position), a so-called CEO who doesn't provide version information of its releases, a CEO that had approached me from hundred miles away when I first started to accept MMC in the store, etc..
in this community, even some of my messages are deleted.. cencored.. thanks to seraphim. we thought nazi germany was failed but it seems it's been resurrected here.
now it is getting even worse but please do not accuse me that I'm making things worse. I'm just telling the truth publicly and it sometimes hurts.

you may ask me why I'm criticising so harsh.. and I say I still believe MemoryCoin's voting power.
I think the coin should be written from scratch without a premine, with market decentralization, early POW/followed up with POS just like in BC, ECC, AC.. summer is coming! :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:16:36 pm by stalemate »
Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
I'm sure someone who is not tech-savvy will download this outdated client by looking at your reply in Bitsharestalk forum. Declare this "Nothing to worry, we handled it" statement in the official page, then. Considering the latest post in the official page goes back in February, this new statement will look weird, definitely but if you CxO guys post something, you can be sure that I will appreciate it.
Guys, show some emphaty and decide yourself. In my opinion, the wallet update is a must and should be done ASAP! even though there is nothing to worry. This is totally unprofessional approach. and if the responsible person is not capable of updating the wallet client, I must tell him/her to resign immediately.

Stale, have you realized this yet?

My attitude or my critics may be harsh and not for everyone - you might notice but I'm really not interested in these kind of excuses anymore. You wrote it just yesterday. Heartbleed bug was first discovered at the beginning of April. The wallet should be updated symbolically, at least. But who's in charge for the wallet development now, seriously? Killerbyte, FreeTrade or you? Nobody gave a proper answer to this question and I gave up this challenge today. If you guys busy with watching the markets, I respect that. Then let's shut down MemoryCoin. What's the point of having MMC on the cryptocoin universe? I have around 2700 MMC left now, would like to sell (selling those on Bittrex just to make some movement there) and leave the community. I think I made some efforts in the past and I'm happy with it. This forum is my first presence in the cryptocoin industry. I was furiously deleting my account yesterday - later I kept calm. I may get angry with any kind of words from this community from now on, therefore it's better for me to leave you in peace.

Stale, the fix for this is just a show for security. I fixed the heartbleed bug on our community forums the morning of, and 12 hours later the updates were pushed out. The Memorycoin blockchain network does not natively use SSL unless on the client with RPC SSL JSON RPC commands. RPC SSL is only an issue because even without proper authentication, the heartbleed bug can ask for other information located in the RAM (at 64K intervals).

The OpenSSL bug may be a problem for you, I understand that. Our CTO had recently resigned, and we are obviously in a very cyclical moment in the coin. Please do not make this worse.

I have asked Killerbyte to look into updating the OpenSSL version for the pre-compiled clients of the OS's but he is also linux-bound. He might have a small issue with doing this.

Stalemate, I assure you that we are very much concerned with the coin as you are; except we are actually committing our attention to the plethora of things that we feel are most appropriate at the moment.

Robonix is about 60 years old as far as I am concerned. Obviously he made his address bold to appear out of the ordinary, and he is the website owner so I can't undo that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:48:58 pm by Delinquency »

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
and final critic : Why is that robonix showing bold on candidates list? Is he 14 years old?

http://memorycoin.org/candidates/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:44:59 pm by stalemate »
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
I'm sure someone who is not tech-savvy will download this outdated client by looking at your reply in Bitsharestalk forum. Declare this "Nothing to worry, we handled it" statement in the official page, then. Considering the latest post in the official page goes back in February, this new statement will look weird, definitely but if you CxO guys post something, you can be sure that I will appreciate it.
Guys, show some emphaty and decide yourself. In my opinion, the wallet update is a must and should be done ASAP! even though there is nothing to worry. This is totally unprofessional approach. and if the responsible person is not capable of updating the wallet client, I must tell him/her to resign immediately.

My attitude or my critics may be harsh and not for everyone - you might notice but I'm really not interested in these kind of excuses anymore. You wrote it just yesterday. Heartbleed bug was first discovered at the beginning of April. The wallet should be updated symbolically, at least. But who's in charge for the wallet development now, seriously? Killerbyte, FreeTrade or you? Nobody gave a proper answer to this question and I gave up this challenge today. If you guys busy with watching the markets, I respect that. Then let's shut down MemoryCoin. What's the point of having MMC on the cryptocoin universe? I have around 2700 MMC left now, would like to sell (selling those on Bittrex just to make some movement there) and leave the community. I think I made some efforts in the past and I'm happy with it. This forum is my first presence in the cryptocoin industry. I was furiously deleting my account yesterday - later I kept calm. I may get angry with any kind of words from this community from now on, therefore it's better for me to leave you in peace.

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:01:32 am by stalemate »

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
So do it! What are you guys waiting for? Should I tell you this after a week since heartbleed is appeared?
There is a serious security bug and most of the other coins' wallets are updated but MemoryCoin is not.
You know what, R.I.P. MemoryCoin! No wonder why it's depreciated so much till this date.

The vulnerabities would be limited to json rpcssl usage on the memorycoin daemon client. Otherwise, it's not that big of a problem unless on web servers, but that has nothing to do with bitcoin.

Everyone limits their rpc allow to 127.0.0.1 so there's really no concern.

I already asked Killerbyte to check on it.