Author Topic: Snapshot is better than Airdrop  (Read 2168 times)

clout

I do not own bitcoin and i dont believe that bitcoin will be around in coming years since it uses an economically unsustainable model. However, those that have invested in the bitcoin space have created a great deal of value for the bitshares community that would not have otherwise been there without bitcoin. 4000+ bitcoin that have been collected by bitshares could still be valued at $100 price of year ago. Furthermore since pts is valued in btc the price of pts would be significantly lower as well. Some times irrational exuberance is necessary to get industries off the ground. Although bitcoin and altcoin investers allocations of capital may have been misguided, it does not mean that they have not contributed to bitshares indirectly.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
People who simply own Bitcoin but didn't actually invest in AGS fund with Bitcoin deserve no Bitshares. Unless they are willing to use their Bitcoin to purchase Bitshares.

More importantly those who have contributed to AGS deserve PTS… see here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1890.msg52735#msg52735
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
People who simply own Bitcoin but didn't actually invest in AGS fund with Bitcoin deserve no Bitshares. Unless they are willing to use their Bitcoin to purchase Bitshares.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
yes . That is true . But I think some guys who have just realized the importance of bitshare are trying to convince that bitcoin holders have the "privilege" owning bitshare via airdrop.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The fact that you're posting this in "Bank & Exchange" section suggests that you think airdrop is being considered for bitshares X. It is not, BTS X is still 50/50 AGS/PTS.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bobmaloney

Sharedrop

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Airdrop is a trending word for cryptocurrency world but Im not buying if it will make bitshare's value diminished. Some guys think for marketing purposes, bitshare may follow airdropping scheme and to let people know bitshare is as valuable as bitcoin. For all I know, bitshare is a whole lot valuable than bitcoin. I begin to suspect that investors who did not see the snapshot being valuable to bitshare as it today are trying to get bitshare with no investment at all. Airdropping is not the way to market bitshare.