Poll

Which Lotto rules do you prefer?

Simple x-from-y lotto
20 (48.8%)
Bonusball lotteries, e.g.  5 numbers drawn from a group of 35 and 2 number from a group of 12
18 (43.9%)
Others, please write them down
3 (7.3%)
classic satoshi dice
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Play rules survey  (Read 9344 times)

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Just make sure the wallet has an automatic random number generator so I can buy say 1000 tickets with one click.  Kinda like a quickpick.

Yes, that's the area of user experience and what I would like to support in CLI or user interface.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I honestly like the very low probability games with limited payouts for matching fewer numbers.  Something like match 3 of 6 win 5% of pot spread out amongst all 3 of 6 winners.  Match 4 of 6 win 10% of pot spread out over all 4 of 6 winners.  5 of 6 = 20% 6 of 6 =  60% with 5% destroyed as dividends.  This way it is still relatively easy to win smaller amounts, but the pot and the possible rewards will continue growing until someone hits the jackpot. 

Just make sure the wallet has an automatic random number generator so I can buy say 1000 tickets with one click.  Kinda like a quickpick.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Possibly look to model Keno.  Keno is very close to a lottery.  People can choose their own payouts by buying balls if i recall correctly.

The difference between keno and lotteries is keno relies on a pool of house money for jackpots.  Thats how payouts stay high even though the # of tickets bought may be relatively low.  This also adds the need for a house fund and thus investors.  It makes the whole thing a bit more attractive when people can put their PTS or what have you backing the DAC.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Option 1: Simple x-from-y lotto
In a simple 6-from-49 lotto, a player chooses six numbers from 1 to 49 (no duplicates are allowed). If all six numbers on the player's ticket match those produced in the official drawing (regardless of the order in which the numbers are drawn), then the player is a jackpot winner. For such a lottery, the chance of being a jackpot winner is 1 in 13,983,816.

For this lottery, will you also have smaller prizes for matching 3/4/5 numbers?

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
added one more option: the classic satoshi dice.

+5%

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
added one more option: the classic satoshi dice.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
With the 'choosing numbers' and hope to get the right numbers to win approach, how will lottoshares gain their value.

I'm assuming you would need to send lottoshares to the DAC to give in your numbers. So the shares draw some utility value from there. But there is no incentive to own lots of shares.

If I own 100 lotto shares I wont want to spend the time submitting 100 lotto numbers. And if I win the lottery and get a million shares. What good are they? I'll just sell them unless I want to make a million submissions. Right? am I missing something here?

Bitshares Lotto is a profitable DAC, just like other DACs, There will be two demands for the lotto shares, to play the game and to own the game, which has been mentioned in Stan's News letter.

There would be dividends to lotto shares owners, and as TaPOS requires, you might need to own shares to be miners.
If you want stable ROI, you might want to act as owners, if you think you are very lucky today, it's good choice to try lotto tickets.  :)

Demand type #3:  To own future DACs in this franchise.  This is the Daddy-DAC of a proto-family!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

How about use bitusd,bitcny in Lotto and not release a new coin like bitLotto?

i guess it is not possible in the short term since there is a long long way for xt to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cgafeng

How about use bitusd,bitcny in Lotto and not release a new coin like bitLotto?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:31:18 am by cgafeng »
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
With the 'choosing numbers' and hope to get the right numbers to win approach, how will lottoshares gain their value.

I'm assuming you would need to send lottoshares to the DAC to give in your numbers. So the shares draw some utility value from there. But there is no incentive to own lots of shares.

If I own 100 lotto shares I wont want to spend the time submitting 100 lotto numbers. And if I win the lottery and get a million shares. What good are they? I'll just sell them unless I want to make a million submissions. Right? am I missing something here?

Bitshares Lotto is a profitable DAC, just like other DACs, There will be two demands for the lotto shares, to play the game and to own the game, which has been mentioned in Stan's News letter.

There would be dividends to lotto shares owners, and as TaPOS requires, you might need to own shares to be miners.
If you want stable ROI, you might want to act as owners, if you think you are very lucky today, it's good choice to try lotto tickets.  :)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Low winning chance is not funny.

I prefer opinion 1 but with less number , multiple selections , and high frequency . Just like 时时彩 in China. http://www.9188.com/ssc/  This may be more attractive.

Let me make it simple:

9 numbers: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Draw result: 0.1,4,8

My selection A: 1 from 9
My number: 2 LOSE

My selection B: 2 from 9 
My number: 0, 4 WIN!

My selection C: 3 from 9
My number:0,4,7 LOSE

My selection D: 4 from 9
My number: 0,1,4,8 WIN!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:19:47 pm by heyD »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Both options just delay the payout, we need to spread it over many blocks. We are able to craft custom transaction validation rules anyway.
Just say that if an output is a "reward" output you can only spend up to N shares per block from it and the rest go into another reward output to the same person.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
No matter what you do, make sure payouts happen over many blocks instead of all in one transaction! Otherwise you will have huge dumps.

OK... I agree, I prefer using "nLockTime" from Bitcoin protocal to lock/freeze the payment for several blocks.
Bitshares_toolkit's transaction seems to have a similar field "valid_until", not sure if it is the same with nLockTime.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5783/transactions-with-a-wait-time-using-nlocktime
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:02:25 pm by HackFisher »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
No matter what you do, make sure payouts happen over many blocks instead of all in one transaction! Otherwise you will have huge dumps.

Haha, it would create an interesting dynamic if payouts were always lump-sum: someone would win the lottery, dump their shares, the price would crash, and then everybody would have an opportunity to buy cheap shares. It would be like a great big distributed lottery win for everybody. :)
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."