Author Topic: Is Keyhotee a DAC?  (Read 5051 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Seeing Keyhotee as a manager of DAC wallets makes a lot more sense to me.  Previously I saw it as a privacy minded messaging app with some id features.  I got this from a presentation I saw on purchasing things using Bitshares/Keyhotee through an amazon like service.

This belief made it hard for me to imagine Kehotee being widely adopted.  Thats why I was asking about an email providing DAC, so that DACs have a toolset to closer emulate/copy a ton of existing usage patterns utilized throughout the web.

Being a DAC wallet manager gives a definite need for user adoption.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile
There is no equity and so no "fees" or transfer of value and so not a DAC

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How about we follow the concept memtioned here (翻譯版本), that is:
Quote from: SANDY RESSLER
First bitcoin could have solved the email spam problem by charging a tiny amount to send an email which would quickly bankrupt the spammers and have no effect on normal users. Secondly, using bitcoin micropayments to allow for payment of a penny or a few cents to read articles on websites (like this one!), enables reasonable compensation of authors without depending totally on the advertising model.

So the mailing system can make a profit by charging tiny fees, bankrupt the spammers, and suffice to become a DAC?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 08:54:55 am by 麥可貓 »
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I understand Keyhotee as a easy to use application for users to management DAC datas(wallets), with some additional crypto apps such as ID/mail/message.

It can help increase users viscosity, which could be the key to success. We can learn from the story of QQ to grow large from a IM 10 yeas ago.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I think Keyhotee is evolving because of DPOS, but I think originally the transactions were mostly the registration and renewal of names.  I'm not sure about comprehensive writings, but I'd like to add that I still think Keyhotee can be economically sound without tokens or exchangeable profit, because it can produce more utility value than the resource value necessary to sustain its network.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Are there any kind of transactions?
What is the most comprehensive writing about keyhotee? I just know the youtube video that describes it from a user's perspective.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I always saw keyhotee not as a DAC. DAC = Decentralized + autonomous + someone has shares in it that are given a dividend when the DAC is profitable. I never digged deep into keyhotee but as far as I understand it it can be used against spam and to verify your identity and that requires spending tokens. Those transactions are processed by miners or delegates. Who gets the fees from tx processing? -> DAC?