Author Topic: Website name. Brainstorming  (Read 49525 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

+5% for Kanti. It also evokes musical words in European languages: cantar in Spanish, cantare in Italian.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Oddly my favorite suggestion so far is "Canary".  Sing like a Canary..  ok..  not exactly fitting but.. .. 

Canarys were carried into mines because they'd die before the miners, thereby allowing miners to escape.  So there is an analogy that fits for crypto nerds...
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
I thought this project had a name: Zenith Music ?  Did something change?

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Yeah no new DAC should use "bit", "coin" or "dac". I'd even be in favour of that being added to the social contract. Personally I even think the brandname "bitshares" is to close to bitcoin for comfort.

Thanks for this, I agree.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline JoeyD

Yeah no new DAC should use "bit", "coin" or "dac". I'd even be in favour of that being added to the social contract. Personally I even think the brandname "bitshares" is to close to bitcoin for comfort.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Who came up with Keyhotee.. that's a great name and not so lazy/obvious as ones above.

Perhaps look to baby names.. I haven't time atm.. but Native American throws
Ujurak - rock (Inuktitut)
Kanti - Sings (Algonquin)
Knoton - Wind (NAtive American)
+?

+5% for Kanti. It also evokes musical words in European languages: cantar in Spanish, cantare in Italian.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

fusion
muify
bitloud
loudbit
belou
ilomy
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline davidpbrown

Who came up with Keyhotee.. that's a great name and not so lazy/obvious as ones above.

Perhaps look to baby names.. I haven't time atm.. but Native American throws
Ujurak - rock (Inuktitut)
Kanti - Sings (Algonquin)
Knoton - Wind (NAtive American)
+?
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Whoa whoa "shares"? What are we, slimy salesmen?
No no, I meant to say "share"! "Hit-share"! Get it?! Like sharing! Except like buying music! Buy this music! Share it by telling your friends to buy it! What's going on!

wanna buy some hitshares
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
i agree delulo - HitShares would fit nicely to BitShares by name but sound kind of cheap for me also - just said ..

edit:

kling.io
klang.io

+5

klang.io is neat

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Just remember that this will probably be a consumer facing site, where, like spotify, most users have no idea what's going on behind the scenes with artists and record companies.  As cob said this site will be geared towards music listeners not crypto nerds like us.  The fact that music shares will  exist in an open market will be a nice draw for music artists, but not user-listeners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. On the front end, maybe it needs another retail-oriented label for non-investors who are going there for the music. On the backend, I don't see how anyone could possibly do better than Hitshares.

38PTSWarrior

bycatsot - but you can also trade songs on there
bycat - but you can also trade "byc it!"

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i agree delulo - HitShares would fit nicely to BitShares by name but sound kind of cheap for me also - just said ..

edit:

kling.io
klang.io

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:31:27 pm by cassiopaia »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Apart from such considerations, I have to admit that Hitshares sounds kind of cheap to me. Just my subjective impression. I saw a lot of unique suggestions.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

HITSHARES

+5% +5% +5%

+5% Yeah, been trying to think of funky names, but HitShares is pretty simple and ties in nicely with Bitshares.

You can't beat shares as a word for what we do either, shares as in shares of something and as in sharing something.

Just remember that this will probably be a consumer facing site, where, like spotify, most users have no idea what's going on behind the scenes with artists and record companies.  As cob said this site will be geared towards music listeners not crypto nerds like us.  The fact that music shares will  exist in an open market will be a nice draw for music artists, but not user-listeners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but what makes our site different? Our USP?
The user experience isn't going to better than other sites, I think the draw is that you can be a user-listener with the option to be a user-owner if you love the song or can see a market for it, so the name could reflect an element of that.

(Maybe you could have a trading site like Hollywood Stock Exchange called something like HitShares and a separate Jukebox site called something that's more pure listener orientated.)