Author Topic: Dac proposal - collaborative documentation.  (Read 1397 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Basic idea here is that someone or a group puts up a certain amount of capital and request or specs out documentation.  The original spec could be broken down by chapters. Each person who contributes to it would be paid a portion of the funds put up for the project.

The dac would also pay for smaller edits to incentivize further edits.

This would all be taken care of by the dacs funders voting on each contribution.

2 issues I see.  A person could start the dac and fund it for a large amount. After someone puts labor into the documentation, the person who started the DAC could put all their votes into their own irrelavent contributions.  Thus robbing the true contributors.  I just realized this issue as I was composing this and do not have a solution to guarantee fairness

The other issue is the voting system would need to allow proportional votes.  There is a need to allocate funds proportional to effort.  This means the voting system needs to allow proportional votes.  Otherwise it would be real hard to insure that small contribution get paid fairly.

The dac would also need to timeout after a certain period and payout whatever work has been done.  That way the payment would not just be openended to the person who contributed and could expect to be paid by a certain date.

Bitshares could use this dac to generate all of their documentation.  This could have a synergistic effect in multiple ways.  It would be a simple demonstration of the power of dacs.

Thoughts ?

Btw this is basically the same idea presented elsewhere here but aimed at a different content producing market.  I did not mean to take credit for the other ideas.  I just see that there is a actual need for documentation often with these open source projects.
I speak for myself and only myself.