Author Topic: [ANN] ypool.net - Fast PTS pool  (Read 196912 times)

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
Re: [ANN] ypool.net - Fast PTS pool
« Reply #491 on: December 30, 2013, 06:58:42 pm »
With command line on Linux you may get ampersand problem - it is reserved char at Linux cmd line. Either use quotes then or use multiple -P options.

Sent from my AT10PE-A using Tapatalk

Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 30, 2013, 08:24:34 am »
New M7i version of PTS miner is available and named yam - Yet Another Miner. Works with ypool.net and other pools that support XPT proto.

yam M7i is complete rewrite of yvg1900 miner and has new cmd line and config options. Check readme.txt and yam.cfg for details.
It is faster on all supported platforms, including Win64, Linux64 and MacOS X 64.
PTS miner re-engineered for better support of different CPUs and now supports large pages on Windows. Check docs for more details.

yam M7i supports config files, backup pool connections, proxy and multiple connection handling improvements that reduce share rejections.
PTS miner now has better fine tuning, more precise stats and supports specifying per-thread memory size as configurable parameter.

yvg1900

Readme is SUPER confusing...or maybe it's my lack of sleep.

Can you post a sample config with the finetuning flag enabled?
The yam.cfg included in the tar/zip has a sample config already. Edit it to add your account.miner, # out the extra pool if you only have one.

Couldn't get it to work like that but I eventually figured out how to create a batch.

Running: ./yam -M xpt2h://ivanfernandez.ivanlabriepts:x@mining.ypool.net:10034:8080:8081:8082:8083:8084:8085:8086:8087/pts -t 4 -P pts:av=0&m=512

That should work, right? It's finetuning, apparently but it takes forever to change AV values. Still stuck at 1, donation in progress...
I'm using screen to detach the session and resume it whenever I want (vps).

You think it should take so long? (more than 40 minutes)
It's an 800mhz i7 4770 without HT, basically, and 4gb of ram.
If you edit the included yam.cfg config file, you can start it with ./yam --config yam.cfg
But you have a script going so that's good to, whatever works.
Yes, it will take a long time to finetune, but when it's done, note the AV=<value> so that you can add that to your script. (replace av=0)

Offline ivanlagru

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2013, 08:12:09 am »
New M7i version of PTS miner is available and named yam - Yet Another Miner. Works with ypool.net and other pools that support XPT proto.

yam M7i is complete rewrite of yvg1900 miner and has new cmd line and config options. Check readme.txt and yam.cfg for details.
It is faster on all supported platforms, including Win64, Linux64 and MacOS X 64.
PTS miner re-engineered for better support of different CPUs and now supports large pages on Windows. Check docs for more details.

yam M7i supports config files, backup pool connections, proxy and multiple connection handling improvements that reduce share rejections.
PTS miner now has better fine tuning, more precise stats and supports specifying per-thread memory size as configurable parameter.

yvg1900

The yam.cfg included in the tar/zip has a sample config already. Edit it to add your account.miner, # out the extra pool if you only have one.

Couldn't get it to work like that but I eventually figured out how to create a batch.

Running: ./yam -M xpt2h://ivanfernandez.ivanlabriepts:x@mining.ypool.net:10034:8080:8081:8082:8083:8084:8085:8086:8087/pts -t 4 -P pts:av=0&m=512

That should work, right? It's finetuning, apparently but it takes forever to change AV values. Still stuck at 1, donation in progress...
I'm using screen to detach the session and resume it whenever I want (vps).

You think it should take so long? (more than 40 minutes)
It's an 800mhz i7 4770 without HT, basically, and 4gb of ram.

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 30, 2013, 07:25:06 am »

yvg1900

Offline ivanlagru

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2013, 07:19:01 am »

yvg1900

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
« Reply #486 on: December 29, 2013, 06:41:52 pm »
Hi yvg1900, thanks for your excellent work. For the new version, however I couldn't figure out how to choose the most appropriate one from their names, instead of trying all of them...  Could you please just kindly tell me which version I should use? For win7 64bit running on I5, I7 and E3 CPU, respectively.  Thank you!

yvg1900
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:54:52 pm by ripplexiaoshan »
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 29, 2013, 05:00:40 pm »

Offline Isaaaaah

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 29, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »
New M7i version of PTS miner is available and named yam - Yet Another Miner. ...

Where can we find it?
PZ13fD7vf6ebCVWp1geHTAjtiEHskv7Yo1 See you at MSC

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 29, 2013, 03:39:32 pm »
so after untar must   only write ./jhprotominer -o mining.ypool.net -u <LOGINNAME.WORKERNAME> -p <PASSWORD> [-t <THREADS>] {-F #] ???
That should do it, obviously with your loginname.worker and password that you created on the ypool.net site.
More help can be found via the live chat on ypool.net, lots of people in there to ask questions and learn things in real time.

after untar file I write  "./jhprotominer -o mining.ypool.net -u <LOGINNAME.WORKERNAME> -p <PASSWORD> [-t <THREADS>] {-F #]"
And what is it? what i will do? http://clip2net.com/s/6ufE5P
You could copy the specific compiled version to the home dir or just cd into the directory of the version you want to run.
Code: [Select]
cd /jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7h-linux64-generic/linux64-generic-512M
You'll most likely have to adjust the permissions to make the file executable.
chmod a+x jhprotominer
Then run it - Just start without any other variables, it should try to use the max cores.
./jhprotominer -o mining.ypool.net -u grigower.PTS_1 -p 130484q

I try to write codes that you give but http://clip2net.com/s/6uieIV i don;t know what is this and why?
Sorry you are having issues. You'll need to find the jhprotominer file you extracted from the tar file, you will have to use basic linux skills to navigate the file structure, commands like ls, cd, cd.., etc. (http://www.my-guides.net/en/guides/linux/basic-linux-commands)
The goal is to find the jhprotominer file you need to run then make sure the file is marked as executable. The final step is running it. All the examples I gave are valid, but might not work in your environment unless you are in the correct directory.

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
« Reply #482 on: December 29, 2013, 09:31:42 am »

yvg1900
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline grigower

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 29, 2013, 08:59:19 am »
so after untar must   only write ./jhprotominer -o mining.ypool.net -u <LOGINNAME.WORKERNAME> -p <PASSWORD> [-t <THREADS>] {-F #] ???
That should do it, obviously with your loginname.worker and password that you created on the ypool.net site.
More help can be found via the live chat on ypool.net, lots of people in there to ask questions and learn things in real time.

after untar file I write  "./jhprotominer -o mining.ypool.net -u <LOGINNAME.WORKERNAME> -p <PASSWORD> [-t <THREADS>] {-F #]"
You could copy the specific compiled version to the home dir or just cd into the directory of the version you want to run.
chmod a+x jhprotominer
Then run it - Just start without any other variables, it should try to use the max cores.

I try to write codes that you give but http://clip2net.com/s/6uieIV i don;t know what is this and why?

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 29, 2013, 06:45:27 am »

chmod a+x jhprotominer

Offline grigower

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 29, 2013, 04:03:02 am »

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2013, 10:04:32 pm »

Offline grigower

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 28, 2013, 09:34:00 pm »