Author Topic: Build Faster Miners People :)  (Read 11701 times)

Offline victor

• View Profile
Re: 1 BTC Bounty - Build Faster Miners People :)
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 04:56:27 am »
Hmm... I do have an improved miner with only a few lines changed and ~20% more HPM.
Maybe try this bounty later, after I am paid the 1BTC for fixing crash (I am still waiting for that 1BTC :P)

Ok.. I was waiting on bitstamp withdraw to pay your bounty... coming now.

20% more than my pool miner?

Got the 1BTC, thank you!

No, it is just 20% more than the original pts-miner. But that's just a few line changes within a few minutes. I just wanted to show that there is much room to make improvements on the miner.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 04:22:24 am »
Hmm... I do have an improved miner with only a few lines changed and ~20% more HPM.
Maybe try this bounty later, after I am paid the 1BTC for fixing crash (I am still waiting for that 1BTC :P)

Ok.. I was waiting on bitstamp withdraw to pay your bounty... coming now.

20% more than my pool miner?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline victor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 04:19:41 am »

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 04:08:59 am »

But just for fun, I will add a 1 BTC bounty paid to anyone that can build a faster miner than mine EVERYONE ELSE and keep it that way for over a week.   You must submit your miner as a patch to the  ProtoShares-Qt client so it is easy to distribute for all! 

Why you're requesting to submit miner code for pts-qt? I think its better to have standalone miner
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 02:15:39 am »
This is my call for all of your very smart developers to dig into the proof of work and enhance it.   There is a huge bounty in terms of extra PTS that could be earned if you develop a faster miner.

I have proven it can be done and made my faster miner available through my pool, but the proof of work needs as many eyes as possible on it and so I am not going to open source my efforts until someone can match them. 

The only way to make closed-source miners irrelevant is if the open source versions are just as good.  So I will open source my miner once someone else is able to match it in speed, in the mean time it it will be used to give my pool an advantage and thus earn Invictus Innovations extra income necessary to fund our development efforts.

For the record:  the mining algorithm has been developed and enhanced entirely in the open.   We paid FreeTrade to build the best he could do.  We have no more advantage than anyone else at implementing fast miners.

But just for fun, I will add a 1 BTC bounty paid to anyone that can build a faster miner than mine and keep it that way for over a week.   You must submit your miner as a patch to the  ProtoShares-Qt client so it is easy to distribute for all! 

Thanks!

Your on..  Speeds please?

See the Coyote Miner / Pool thread for the latest on my speeds... I am getting 43 HPM on an 3.4Ghz i7 iMac.

Ohh mannn.  your going to loose that BTC real quick once I've finished updating my servers.  One of them has 4x Xeon 3.3.  If the thread is set on 8 then it wont utilize all.  I will post here once I've messed with it.

This is not for your hardware, this is for comparing different algorithms on the same hardware.  So you would have to provide a binary that gave me more HPM on my machine than my own miner does.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 01:49:59 am »
This is my call for all of your very smart developers to dig into the proof of work and enhance it.   There is a huge bounty in terms of extra PTS that could be earned if you develop a faster miner.

I have proven it can be done and made my faster miner available through my pool, but the proof of work needs as many eyes as possible on it and so I am not going to open source my efforts until someone can match them. 

The only way to make closed-source miners irrelevant is if the open source versions are just as good.  So I will open source my miner once someone else is able to match it in speed, in the mean time it it will be used to give my pool an advantage and thus earn Invictus Innovations extra income necessary to fund our development efforts.

For the record:  the mining algorithm has been developed and enhanced entirely in the open.   We paid FreeTrade to build the best he could do.  We have no more advantage than anyone else at implementing fast miners.

But just for fun, I will add a 1 BTC bounty paid to anyone that can build a faster miner than mine and keep it that way for over a week.   You must submit your miner as a patch to the  ProtoShares-Qt client so it is easy to distribute for all! 

Thanks!

See the Coyote Miner / Pool thread for the latest on my speeds... I am getting 43 HPM on an 3.4Ghz i7 iMac.

Ohh mannn.  your going to loose that BTC real quick once I've finished updating my servers.  One of them has 4x Xeon 3.3.  If the thread is set on 8 then it wont utilize all.  I will post here once I've messed with it.
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 01:30:17 am »

Thanks!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:32:27 am by bytemaster »

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 01:26:00 am »

Thanks!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:32:15 am by bytemaster »
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline bytemaster

Build Faster Miners People :)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 01:17:12 am »
This is my call for all of you very smart developers to dig into the proof of work and enhance it.   There is a huge bounty in terms of extra PTS that could be earned if you develop a faster miner.

But just for fun, I will add a 1 BTC bounty paid to anyone that can build a faster miner than mine EVERYONE ELSE and keep it that way for over a week.   You must submit your miner as a patch to the  ProtoShares-Qt client so it is easy to distribute for all! 

Thanks! 

You may submit binaries while in the candidate phase, but must open source prior to bounty being paid.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:24:11 pm by bytemaster »