Author Topic: Mid May.Future?  (Read 9449 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
It's my hope that Bitshares XT and at least 1 or 2 other DACs will be launched and fully tested/debugged well before the Beyond Bitcoin conference in early July. That way, some Bitshares flagship DACs can be marketed in the lead-up to the conference. Even better if Bitshares X will have been launched by then, but that may be asking for a lot...

It'd be a shame not to use this giant, upcoming opportunity to showcase some things!

The Beyond Bitcoin conference was canceled as far as I know.

Deferred, not canceled, until we have several DACs in the top ten at coinmarketcap.com.   :)

lol

Hey Adam, I've been a listener since last mayish and I came here because of you.

And I think you're not alone, which is why I feel these forums incorrectly represent the level of risk and history associated with this project.  This is exactly why I switched to posting under my real name in early January when I felt like things were not going as I had thought they would and I needed to get my concerns on the record for people who had come here because of my support of the project, and who didn't have the time to read every post in every forum as I have subjected myself to at times of need.

I'm not trying to be selfless, my reputation is at stake here.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
It's my hope that Bitshares XT and at least 1 or 2 other DACs will be launched and fully tested/debugged well before the Beyond Bitcoin conference in early July. That way, some Bitshares flagship DACs can be marketed in the lead-up to the conference. Even better if Bitshares X will have been launched by then, but that may be asking for a lot...

It'd be a shame not to use this giant, upcoming opportunity to showcase some things!

Deferred, not canceled, until we have several DACs in the top ten at coinmarketcap.com.   :)

lol

Hey Adam, I've been a listener since last mayish and I came here because of you. I'm not trying to attack you or anything, just wondering why you have such an attitude on these forums. Yes the products are late, we have also been kept up to date the whole time on the reasoning (DPOS) and progress being made. We are on the edge of breakthrough here and I can't figure out why you're being so negative. I'm not looking for a fight, I just want to know where your coming from?

Because Invictus has set and broken many many many self imposed deadlines, adopted an investment strategy I wholly disagree with and provided what I feel was a better and less restrictive (for invictus) model and feel their decision has delivered bad results with development dominated by the one player who already proved to miss deadlines and not be able to do many things at once.

Most recently, Dan has bet the entire project on an experimental lower level transaction processing technology (DPOS) before the actual point of the project (Betting, Assets, etc) can be developed.  This came after a previous attempt at doing the same thing with a new experimental lower level transaction processing technology (TAPOS) that was worked on for a few weeks and then abandoned when they ran into unforeseen problems.   

There is nothing stopping that from being the case with DPOS, it just hasn't happened yet.   Even worse would be to launch quickly with the completely untested tech, have it "used with real money" as they say it needs to be in order to test it, and then people get that "real money" stolen due to a previously unknown exploit.   

I'm a long time supporter, but projects like this have forum turnover where new users aren't aware of the history of promises made and broken before they joined the project.  With that context, things look less optimistic.  Invictus could turn things around but I'm results oriented and so far the results from invictus have been atrocious.

Now they've spent enough time and collected enough money that there is incredible pressure being brought to bear on them to produce results, I'm a squeaky wheel not Invictus's real problem by any means.  People do not develop well under that sort of pressure, I don't have high hopes.

I have been pounding on these same issues with Invictus for a very long time, so my exasperation is exactly that - exasperation.  It is frustrating as hell to see them walk into the same predictable landmines.  Do you know how long it took them to get a Blog to centralize important information about Bitshares for people who have invested?  Nearly six months. My concern about Angelshares is Invictus was on the one side making it harder for people to get them "for free" during the initial bootstrap of the Bitshares network, but also the risk of sucking up all the money available for investment and Invictus BECOMING the ecosystem rather than becoming a catalyzing player in the ecosystem.      We've now seen how Invictus becoming the ecosystem has smothered it since they have so much going on they don't have time to make good decisions to steward its growth.

I'm still here because, among other things, Bitshares is the only project who still holds my investment trapped.  Angelshares have not delivered as advertised, Protoshares have had their value smooshed so it's in my economic best interest to stick around and try to correct the boat on Bitshares.  I am a squeaky wheel, I'm not special but I do tend to be early so the fact that the situation with Invictus is as troubling to a guy like me should be a warning sign.

I can't quote from this thread, but you can see the early discussion about Invictus starting something like Angelshares. I went by Lighthouse at the time. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1397.0 

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Spring ends June 20.

I would bet a 1-2btc that they don't take another snapshot until at least the AGS funding is over.

make sense to me... will be 62 fustrating days... going to the edges...

PS I think after  the fundraising period  they rename bitshares to Phoenixshares  :)

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Spring ends June 20.

I would bet a 1-2btc that they don't take another snapshot until at least the AGS funding is over.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile

lol

Hey Adam, I've been a listener since last mayish and I came here because of you. I'm not trying to attack you or anything, just wondering why you have such an attitude on these forums. Yes the products are late, we have also been kept up to date the whole time on the reasoning (DPOS) and progress being made. We are on the edge of breakthrough here and I can't figure out why you're being so negative. I'm not looking for a fight, I just want to know where your coming from?

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Spawning thousands of DAC ideas. Even if someone only invested 100 AGS or PTS, to me it will be a virtual  ATM :)

yes only if there is a net capital inflow into the bitshares ecosystem. or else, we dont gain any value swapping stakes in thousands of DACs among each other :)

Of course there will be much inflows. Imagine the transactions from Bitshares X, DNS (a core service for Internet) and Bitshares lotto are generated daily. Im optimistic with the technology. That is the reason why Invictus team are so meticulous in designing the blockchain.

Technology isn't enough. We need marketing. We need to airdrop onto MIT like others are doing. If the targeted airdrops happen then I could see it catching on fast.

College students are actually a really good demographic. MIT and Virginia Tech are great because not only does it have the right kind of thinkers but it's likely they'll actually have some money to buy these shares as well as the motivation.

Why only MIT ? Anyway marketing is like a thousand ways to implement . Brian Page and his team are making that 1k ways such considerations (airdrop, radio interviews, future DACs etc) I think once Keyhotee has been deployed it would reach million of users world-wide. Marketing then would become viral. Each Invictus/DAC product that will be launched, will have a mass exposure. Fast, economical and very much convenient   .

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Ouch, year 2028?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now there's a good prediction market proposition:

What year will BitShares first occupy three of the top-ten positions on coinmarketcap.com?

Possibly in 2014. It depends on when Bitshares X is feature complete I think.  I think Litecoin's position is up for grabs and anyone can take it. I see Blackcoin, Peercoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, all in contention for the #2 spot and I don't see Litecoin doing anything to hang onto it. As soon as they lose the GPU miners I don't see them maintaining that spot because ASICs will ruin the entire premise for why Litecoin exists.

It's going to come down to marketing. If the Bitshares team can get marketing right then the technology is excellent. Tests are showing that the technology works as intended so I'm more optimistic than ever about the technology and most worried about the marketing.

It's very possible and highly probable in fact that the primary altcoin technology could be DPOS. I think the best strategy is to form alliances with POS blockchains and communities so that there is some order and unity. Favor your own technological advances and values over any other.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Spawning thousands of DAC ideas. Even if someone only invested 100 AGS or PTS, to me it will be a virtual  ATM :)

yes only if there is a net capital inflow into the bitshares ecosystem. or else, we dont gain any value swapping stakes in thousands of DACs among each other :)

Of course there will be much inflows. Imagine the transactions from Bitshares X, DNS (a core service for Internet) and Bitshares lotto are generated daily. Im optimistic with the technology. That is the reason why Invictus team are so meticulous in designing the blockchain.

Technology isn't enough. We need marketing. We need to airdrop onto MIT like others are doing. If the targeted airdrops happen then I could see it catching on fast.

College students are actually a really good demographic. MIT and Virginia Tech are great because not only does it have the right kind of thinkers but it's likely they'll actually have some money to buy these shares as well as the motivation.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Ouch, year 2028?

What year will BitShares first occupy three of the top-ten positions on coinmarketcap.com?

Probably late of  2014 . That is when bitcoin would peg around $800 - $1200 once again .

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Ouch, year 2028?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:13:58 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mitao

• View Profile

Ouch, year 2028?

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

lol

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 12:12:45 pm by jwiz168 »