Author Topic: Ethereum Recently encountered no small problem  (Read 6038 times)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
+5%, great, good idea, i like it, just do it!
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline VoR0220

I know an ether dev who says it is far to expensive in terms of gas to do anything of the scale of bts

This, and this was always the point from the start. Ethereum will have dynamic interdependent contract systems which can do really complex things but which cost tangible money per operation. Asset transfer and market ops at scale will cost too much. Their POS plans are somewhat scalable but their max trx/sec is limited by CPU speed for crypto ops (not just signatures, sha3 used everywhere in compiled solidity)

When you say limited by crypto ops, you mean the way they have set up their merkle roots limits the speed at which the virtual machine can compile instructions?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
He knows a guy, it must be legit.

Steal all the ethereum community
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Sounds like the only problem is someone trying to play both sides of the fence because they took their money out of bitshares for etherium and now regret it.

Damn I'm beginning to see the allure in those soap operas.

Offline fuzzy

The "problem" is probably the fact that people are reaching bitchy impatient mode now like they did 5 months into BTS development
Lol...so hard to argue against this^...though I'd probably state it differently, it sometimes is best to say it blatantly.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Sounds like the only problem is someone trying to play both sides of the fence because they took their money out of bitshares for etherium and now regret it.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
If it's important enough for BTS holders for the ethereum devs to join BitShares 2.0 could someone set a worker proposal for it?
Would it be possible to allocate money to specific person(s) who have yet to accept the offer?
It could be held in delegate-escrow indefinitely or until the persons concerned publicly collect the bounty.

Good thing a DAC can't get caged for corruption or bribery!
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The "problem" is probably the fact that people are reaching bitchy impatient mode now like they did 5 months into BTS development
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline fuzzy

I know an ether dev who says it is far to expensive in terms of gas to do anything of the scale of bts

This, and this was always the point from the start. Ethereum will have dynamic interdependent contract systems which can do really complex things but which cost tangible money per operation. Asset transfer and market ops at scale will cost too much. Their POS plans are somewhat scalable but their max trx/sec is limited by CPU speed for crypto ops (not just signatures, sha3 used everywhere in compiled solidity)

So this is the "problem" insinuated in the OP?

If so...this is not really any breaking "news"

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline fuzzy

proof of your claim .. ?

I want proof of anything so I know exactly what this thread is supposed to be about and if it makes sense...

Can anyone help out on this?

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline yellowecho

I disagree. Ethereum is great for long, one-off smart contracts while BitShares excels at speed and contracts build in at a protocol level.  The two might be complementary but IMO BitShares can get scripting an achieve what Ethereum is doing easier than Ethereum can mimic BitShares.

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
What's wrong with the Ethereum network?

What eth does is almost consistent with BTS, and it's a shame to repeat labor.