Author Topic: LottoShares, You probably wouldn't be interested in this™ - It's Live!  (Read 49685 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
There are orders on the NHZ asset exchange, and it looks like at least one person went and bought NHZ on poloniex specifically so they could buy some LTS. FreeTrade, maybe you should update your bitcointalk announcement to put the NHZ AE under exchanges.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

sumantso

The best way would be to covert AGS to a coin like PTS. In that way everytime there is a snapshot we can just transfer the balance to another address. Maybe even combine AGS and PTS into a single unified DPoS coin (I had given a complicated suggestion earlier which involved merging PTS, AGS & BTS XT).

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Yeah, this recommendation concerns me a little, especially since my biggest balances are AGS and we can't move those.  I already imported my private keys so I hope these are just precautionary measures.  Is this a real risk? Should I  :'(?

There's a chain of trust involved in getting the software to you - if you're reading and compiling yourself, that's the shortest chain - you're just trusting the code I've published and that your own system isn't compromised.
If you're using the binaries, or relying on someone else to vet the code, that chain is longer, you're trusting the compiler isn't compromised, that his system/software isn't compromised, that the network isn't compromised, that github and that your own system isn't compromised.
We're looking at other ways to handle this private key issue that require less risk and trust.
For now, there is no reason to import AGS/MMC/PTS keys - those balances don't start maturing for another 2 months anyway.

Wow! Now that I know this I'm very surprised the community would support any DAC without reviewing the code first.  Why are these risks only being brought up now?  No offense, but the code should have been completely reviewed before it was agreed to have it's own section in the forum and be fully supported.  Thank you for adding AGS/PTS to the distribution list, but at what cost do we blindly support a DAC?

At this early stage in the developement of DACs and this community, the leadership of Invictus has the most to say.  I'm pointing at I3 for not making this an important issue.  It could potentially compromise the entire project. No?

Sure, it's very important and we should be concerned with security and all that - but FreeTrade has been around forever, and as far as I'm concerned he's a trusted dev. I believe he created PTS - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So what you're saying is absolutely true, but in this particular instance the community (and, I believe, I3) decided there wasn't much to be afraid of.

Considering there seem to be people in this community that don't feel comfortable importing AGS private keys to get LTS, I have to disagree with this statement. If this is such a real risk then a security measure/fix should have been a top priority since the inception of AGS.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:54:49 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Yeah, this recommendation concerns me a little, especially since my biggest balances are AGS and we can't move those.  I already imported my private keys so I hope these are just precautionary measures.  Is this a real risk? Should I  :'(?

There's a chain of trust involved in getting the software to you - if you're reading and compiling yourself, that's the shortest chain - you're just trusting the code I've published and that your own system isn't compromised.
If you're using the binaries, or relying on someone else to vet the code, that chain is longer, you're trusting the compiler isn't compromised, that his system/software isn't compromised, that the network isn't compromised, that github and that your own system isn't compromised.
We're looking at other ways to handle this private key issue that require less risk and trust.
For now, there is no reason to import AGS/MMC/PTS keys - those balances don't start maturing for another 2 months anyway.

Wow! Now that I know this I'm very surprised the community would support any DAC without reviewing the code first.  Why are these risks only being brought up now?  No offense, but the code should have been completely reviewed before it was agreed to have it's own section in the forum and be fully supported.  Thank you for adding AGS/PTS to the distribution list, but at what cost do we blindly support a DAC?

At this early stage in the developement of DACs and this community, the leadership of Invictus has the most to say.  I'm pointing at I3 for not making this an important issue.  It could potentially compromise the entire project. No?

Sure, it's very important and we should be concerned with security and all that - but FreeTrade has been around forever, and as far as I'm concerned he's a trusted dev. I believe he created PTS - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So what you're saying is absolutely true, but in this particular instance the community (and, I believe, I3) decided there wasn't much to be afraid of.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
You can use your btc/mmc/pts-wallets with lottoshares. At least it worked for me ;)

The security risk is about the same though. We have to trust freetrade or check his code.
Yep also claimed with PTS, no problem. With AGS its a bit more risky

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:25:40 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline pharesim

• View Profile
    • Horizon [HZ]
You can use your btc/mmc/pts-wallets with lottoshares. At least it worked for me ;)

The security risk is about the same though. We have to trust freetrade or check his code.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Yep this is a real risk.
If someone has your private keys for AGS they could take your shares in BitsharesX when it comes out.
Personally I am waiting around for trusted software or client that will allow for importing wallets without the need for using private keys.

Thanks why I would like to know from FreeTrader whether we need to claim our shares for them to start maturing or will they mature automatically and we can claim whenever we want.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
We strongly recommend you move your BTC/DOGE/PTS/MMC/ShareCoin/FootballCoin balance to new wallet before importing your keys or wallets in LottoShares.

I'll be writing a guide on this shortly.

Why ?
Is it possible that my private keys are getting disclosed or something ?

Offline JA

• View Profile
We strongly recommend you move your BTC/DOGE/PTS/MMC/ShareCoin/FootballCoin balance to new wallet before importing your keys or wallets in LottoShares.

I'll be writing a guide on this shortly.

Why ?
Is it possible that my private keys are getting disclosed or something ?

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

00:49:20

getmininginfo

00:49:20

{
"blocks" : 898,
"currentblocksize" : 8083,
"currentblocktx" : 16,
"difficulty" : 3.95279908,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 2,
"hashespersec" : 1349,
"networkhashps" : 78872674,
"pooledtx" : 18,
"testnet" : false
}

I was expecting this tomorrow.  Its gonna be a few hours til I can get my old mining rigs pointed at a proper client and spun up.  I am happy to see that you seem to have gotten a decent hash rate simply from BTT. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
The problem is done. Thanks!

How did you fix? I'm seeing others report the same problem.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline Avant

• View Profile
PTS: PvhU2D9ViKygoBQTgh9zeKuFTqi8j3TRjy
BTS: avanty

Offline Avant

• View Profile
Neat! Imported my AGS privkey, and lo and behold, it tells me I have some immature LTS, and apparently they're supposed to mature in 2.5 months. Thanks, FreeTrade, this is cool!

How do you import AGS priv key?

You find your BTC address that you donated to AGS with, let's call it 1addy-------------. Then you go to help->debug in Bitcoin-qt, and then click on the Console tab.
type
Code: [Select]
dumpprivkey 1addy------------- The text it spits out (let's call it AGSprivkey---------------) is your AGS private key! Be careful, the fact that you have to do this is one of the major vulnerabilities of AGS. If someone manages to steal the key, you could lose your entire donation.

Anyway, open up the lottoshares client, go to the console in it, type
Code: [Select]
importprivkey AGSprivkey--------------- hit enter, and wait a few minutes. If it works, you should see immature LTS show up in your wallet soon.

Thank you! I tried to get LTS from PTS, and it succeed. But I failed to get LTS from BTC AGS.  The error information is "Error adding key to wallet (code -4)".
My BTC address is 17enyuDJz5w5ybgKcsATgfgxQrhnB5Szu5. http://www1.agsexplorer.com/balances/17enyuDJz5w5ybgKcsATgfgxQrhnB5Szu5
I don't know why.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:35:27 am by Avant »
PTS: PvhU2D9ViKygoBQTgh9zeKuFTqi8j3TRjy
BTS: avanty