Author Topic: Youtube going to integrate a donation system ?  (Read 2163 times)

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
.@Nintendo is planning a YouTube affiliate program to split advertising proceeds with video creators. https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/471260625021067264

looks like copyright holders are already jumping on board

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
for sure. im really hoping for youtube DAC with incentive structures in the vein of bitshares music pops up for those of us who do use crypto

ive been thinking about the revenue sharing service for artists that perform cover songs the article mentioned and it seems sorta cool. All kinds of talented singers already post videos of themselves performing covers, and now they have further incentive to post higher quality content, which is obviously great for youtube. the copyright holder (read: big records) wins because a well produced video that goes viral can become a catalyst that boosts sales for otherwise unpromoted IPs. this move could also help facilitate the talent discovery process for record studios as well. Theyre always looking for the next pretty face with a great voice to create more music(intellectual property)to cash in on

Offline gamey

• View Profile
thats kinda neat... too bad we'll probably have to use google wallet to donate

No doubt it'll be something to have people buyin more to google tech. Thats the thing about all these donation systems, a simple BTC/DOGE address works just as well with no hassles.  Youtube's tech will basically be outdated before implemented, except that it opens you up to tipping via CC/ACH.  I suppose that is a big market when your content is not being consumed by people with cryptoequities.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
thats kinda neat... too bad we'll probably have to use google wallet to donate

Offline gamey

• View Profile
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2458540,00.asp

So Youtube is going in the direction of hooking up donation payments to their system.  Perhaps not that relevant, but it definitely makes the youtube world more DAC like.  Perhaps they were seeing too many btc addresses posted in descriptions.
I speak for myself and only myself.