Author Topic: European mumble hangout  (Read 2876 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I have gotten a bit busy after initiating this...

The doodle says Tuesday is the best day. I would say let's meet on mumble at 20.00 MET.

It is supposed to be a date for everyone interested in "bitcoin 2.0" related topics from Europe. But everyone from anywhere in the world is invited to come to discuss recent and general bitcoin 2.0 related topics if the time is suitable!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
No I just filled out for previous week, most weeks I can do weekdays except Friday - filled in.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Just to make sure, I assume the doodle votes are for the days that would be convenient instead of clicking on the days that are not.

I guess Clains vote for not being able to attend on any day in the week, makes me wonder if I filled out the form inversely.

Right. Sorry I for the confusion...

Thanks to Joeyd for his great suggestion, read in detail below...
In summary: It's not about bitshares, it's about everything beyond bitcoin... It is supposed to be a start for inviting other communities and their members and exchange perspectives which is essential in my opinion! We could also make distinctive sessions with one topic we discuss for that session later. Maybe we can also make physical meetups later from there...

Tell all the European (crypto) freaks you!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:44:44 am by delulo »

Offline JoeyD

Just to make sure, I assume the doodle votes are for the days that would be convenient instead of clicking on the days that are not.

I guess Clains vote for not being able to attend on any day in the week, makes me wonder if I filled out the form inversely.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
he hacked my post... let's do the doodle

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
edited a doodle link into the OP
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline JoeyD

First and foremost, see if you can get fuznuts, or whoever has the access rights to it, to post these kinds of announcements or planned events in the welcome message of the mumble server, that is the first place if should be posted imo.

I can only vote for a single day in the poll, for me as long as it is one evening in the week it doesn't really matter which evening that is, because I can try to reschedule around it.

Another point is, is this meetup focused on bitshares or is it more beyondbitcoin? If it's the latter then this poll probably should be crossposted on a number of the other forums, where people are trying to wrap their heads around other applications of decentralized technologies.

My last suggestion for the moment, for the time this poll is still running, would it be possible to just set a time that would fit your schedule Delulo and see how many people show up? Possibly try and anounce a couple of different days and see when most people show up, or during the meetup discuss what time would be most convenient.

Oh, just thought of another one while writing the last paragraph, so this will really be my last suggestion in this post. Maybe posting a central topic (or a number of them) for discussion or some questions (might also be an offer to explain what bitshares is all about, because I could conceive of people being confused and looking for some help) might make more people interested in participating no matter the date and time.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:17:21 pm by JoeyD »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
EUROPEAN MUMBLE HANGOUT IS TUESDAY 20.00 MET

Mumble client and set up instructions (2 minute process): https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6146.0

Joeyd has suggested to focus the presence for the informal hangouts. I agree. It would be nice to have a time during the week when everyone that likes to chat on mumble knows others know that respective time too :)

The weekend "official" hangout is special time wise as it fits all time zones (US; EU; Asia). During the week this is not possible.

I would suggest 20.00 till open as for the time. But we can vote on that too if there is a need for that....

Toast gently provided a doodle :)  http://doodle.com/yfkvd2q74frex9fy
ignore the actual date, just pick day (or more than one day) of week were you could attend.

Thanks to Joeyd for his great suggestion, read in detail below...
In summary: It's not about bitshares, it's about everything beyond bitcoin... It is supposed to be a start for inviting other communities and their members and exchange perspectives which is essential in my opinion! We could also make distinctive sessions with one topic we discuss for that session later. Maybe we can also make physical meetups later from there... 

Tell all the European (crypto) freaks you!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:30:56 pm by delulo »