Author Topic: Questions about delegates  (Read 1129 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
When you campaign for being a delegate you compete with all others that do the same. You can offer anything you like to the shareholder to select you: You would have to prove that uptime is assured, maybe reveal your identity so people can trust you more or whatever else you can come up with to convince shareholders.
Voting is done whenever a transaction is sent. When a tx is sent the votes you have made as a shareholder are broadcasted which creates a list of all those that have gotten votes. This list is as long as there are delegates with at least one vote. If you are in the top 100 you are a delegate that gets paid by tx fees. If one of the current top 100 delegates drops out because he gets fired or quits the #101 becomes #100...

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page
So how are the first 100 delegates chosen? I know there was talk of a waiting line for alternate delegates to immediately take the place of a fired delegate. What would be the process to get in that line? Is there a minimum amount of stake that one needs to be considered for a delegate position? If an average person like myself has an average computer but a good internet connection (100Mb with pretty much guaranteed 100% up time) would I have a chance at being a delegate? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:)