Author Topic: How is the UI going?  (Read 6241 times)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Sometimes it is still hard to distinguish 1, l, |, I   etc. Is it possible to have the format like

JOHN-DEAN-3J4S
or
FLOWERS-563KT

Checksum will help a lot.
+5% for checksum

checkout recent NXT development .. they are now using Reed-Solomon encoded addresses ... this allowes to *correct* errors!!

Considering the name looks up the key it could simply be:   ${name}-${KEY[0...4]}
+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Considering the name looks up the key it could simply be:   ${name}-${KEY[0...4]}
yup .. nice idea

Offline bytemaster

Sometimes it is still hard to distinguish 1, l, |, I   etc. Is it possible to have the format like

JOHN-DEAN-3J4S
or
FLOWERS-563KT

+5% for checksum

checkout recent NXT development .. they are now using Reed-Solomon encoded addresses ... this allowes to *correct* errors!!

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

JOHN-DEAN-3J4S
or
FLOWERS-563KT

+5% for checksum

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

JOHN-DEAN-3J4S
or
FLOWERS-563KT

Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The GUI will have an autocomplete, if there are multiple names with close spelling then you will see them all as you type and this will help you be sure you are picking the right one. You can also locally label names with your own alias if you are very concerned.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline laow

• View Profile
name is good.
but I am worry about one thing.
You must be very carefully, don't write a wrong alpha, or you maybe send money to a wrong guy.
For bank service, you must write both the account and the name correct.
agreed that, more detail about the name system?
BTS acount: laow

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
name is good.
but I am worry about one thing.
You must be very carefully, don't write a wrong alpha, or you maybe send money to a wrong guy.
For bank service, you must write both the account and the name correct.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
ASCII alphanumeric (convert to lowercase) and hyphens, but can't start or end with hyphen.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

With names being used are there going to be any character limitations like symbols and punctuations?

They will be restricted to valid domain names.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Pheonike

With names being used are there going to be any character limitations like symbols and punctuations?

Offline amencon

• View Profile
We have figured out how to simplify the wallet down dramatically now that we have *named accounts*.   

Users will never have to see an address again unless they want to use 'advanced' mode.

That's seriously great.  I think forcing users to work with long addresses is a huge barrier to adoption and eliminating that seems like a massive step forward as Bitcoin itself hasn't gotten there yet for the most part.  Looking forward to seeing how the naming system will work out in practice.

Offline bytemaster

We have figured out how to simplify the wallet down dramatically now that we have *named accounts*.   

Users will never have to see an address again unless they want to use 'advanced' mode.   

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Holy crap .. luck much better than i anticipated

Offline cgafeng

BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376