Author Topic: Petition to fire Brian Page  (Read 8010 times)

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
I think there is no need to keep this poll open. Donjon, please contact me if you have question about it.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
But 10 weeks is only a quarter of the time it takes to make a baby.
And no one remembers that long wait once the baby is bouncing in their lap.

:) :) :) Stan, your parallelisms are always brilliant!! keep them coming they bring us laugh and patience for the future!!

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Brian, you have my support 100%.

It's unbelievable that there is someone who starts such thread when he has himself hidden in the shadow and can't even figure out exactly what Brian has delivered. The job Brian and marketing team did is not perfect certainly but it's acceptable to me since so far not any real product has been released. An old Chinese saying goes:"巧妇难为无米之炊", which means one can't make bricks without straw. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bricks_without_straw

Offline davidpbrown

Marketing is effective when it has a product to follow through on. I'd suggest then it's too early to be critical of the marketing where currently that has little opportunity to get traction. Perhaps more could be done to communicate clearly the vision and what products will provide the normal user and prepare for a big splash to kickstart each launch. Communicating through multiple different avenues and in different ways will be key to engaging the widest possible audience. It is a wonder that BP isn't more visible.. perhaps he is elsewhere keeping reddit and BCT ticking over, that would be useful as would other styles of engaging audience.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I have been asking questions about the marketing strategies to MktDirector (who is taking $100k/y salary from AGS and wasting shareholders' money on awful marketing), including the new site, outsourcing social media, his effort in other forums, his assistant and transparency of money spent . This is the answer I got:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4658.msg61757#msg61757

Base on the fact of the bitshares marketing failure, I petition to vote firing him and get a new marketing director before further damage.
it is hard to evaluate the effort of MktDirector,
but I think III spend too much money on market,  small money on developer , I hope III spend more money on developer.
WhatsApp spend little money on market basically, but they value 19 billion dollar
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:51:41 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline gyhy

• View Profile

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
 +5%
I belive the whole I3 team.
Guys what is with you? I am very surprised with this thread.

Did you see any of his interviews? Take a look and you will see how good he is. We desperately need more people like him to spread the good word. After releasing the product he can get to real work.

What can be part of discussion is his salary. He could get paid less when there is no product for real marketing, and full salary when products are out or paid per performance.
Maybe some day there could be a DAC that is determining salary. Something like voting for salary that creates real salary for person from median of votes.

I am sad because Charles Hoskinsons is not here with us any more, he seems to be a great seller and we need people like him too.

Marketing work is hardest before there is something concrete to sell! 

This is especially true because we had to insert a 10-week delay to develop DPOS.
While we were doing that, it seemed like endless night.
And people got tired of hearing us talk about how great it will be.

That is when Brian's ability to generate excitement can be fully unleashed.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Did you see any of his interviews? Take a look and you will see how good he is. We desperately need more people like him to spread the good word. After releasing the product he can get to real work.

What can be part of discussion is his salary. He could get paid less when there is no product for real marketing, and full salary when products are out or paid per performance.
Maybe some day there could be a DAC that is determining salary. Something like voting for salary that creates real salary for person from median of votes.

I am sad because Charles Hoskinsons is not here with us any more, he seems to be a great seller and we need people like him too.

Marketing work is hardest before there is something concrete to sell! 

This is especially true because we had to insert a 10-week delay to develop DPOS.
While we were doing that, it seemed like endless night.
And people got tired of hearing us talk about how great it will be.

That is when Brian's ability to generate excitement can be fully unleashed.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

+5%

$100k seems a lot to me when BC hired a marketing company for something like $25k-$35k (I think) and apparently did a very good job. I may be wrong about the $100k salary and once the DACs are released this might be indeed look like a bargain.

However currently I believe that this salary is not reflected in how the market see I3 DACs so far... If BTS is launched and there is a demand above $50 per BTS upon launching, then the $100k would have been a minimal wage. Until that day $100k seems a lot...

Fire him? No way, unless I3 feels that way which is not the case.  I think he is quite good at what he does and might do much more behind the scenes that the rest of us are unaware. However, marketing and investment consultants who attract new business are two different things...

We should not be allowed to vote who I3 keeps and who they fire. If we are not happy about I3's job and how they spend their AGS funding we shouldn't have donated in the first place. Have some faith people! Good things will come  ;)!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
and marketing camaigns shouldn't discussed completly public..cause of competitors etc..

Brian has done tremendous job for marketing from introducing bitshares to the people via the official website. Besides, no product has been released yet so what is there to market. Get ready for some marketing when each DAC begins to roll.

+5%

Brian: full support from my side!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:33:55 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Brian has done tremendous job for marketing from introducing bitshares to the people via the official website. Besides, no product has been released yet so what is there to market. Get ready for some marketing when each DAC begins to roll. Remember bitshares products use a new kind of technology that few people  will comprehend . I know how the sentiment of the author is when his/her investments are far from getting the dice to roll.

Offline Kenof

• View Profile

Making life easier.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
He shouldn't have to report to us on everything he's doing. I'd rather he didn't. Surely Bytemaster and the 3I team are keeping tabs, which is enough for me. Trust Brian to do his job, which is to market the heck out of these DACs when they come. Until then, it only makes sense to conserve marketing resources and get ready for that big push.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 02:55:03 am by donkeypong »

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
the development team is completely transparent. we pretty much know everything that they're up to, because they always take the time to let us know. bytemaster and toast especially. constant communication, frequent engagement, and transparency are hallmarks of their posting styles

on the other hand, marketing related updates are far more sparse. Brian also does not engage users on the board nearly as frequently. im not saying that this is a bad thing, or that Brian is not doing a good job, etc.. but i think its pretty easy to understand how the disparity in transparency between the development arm and the marketing arm could make current investors/users uneasy

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
What we should remember is that it is difficult for us on the forum to see what is being done all day. Therefore we should not be easy to judge and be patient. What what it also implies is that communication is helpful.
Anyway trust and support (also by friendly and constructive critique) is most motivating and I am pretty certain Brian will give it back many times!

+5%

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█