Author Topic: Investment into this idea..  (Read 5511 times)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
OK, So I'm interested in investing into the Insurance DAC.

Please bare with me when I ask (and I feel like a noob) BUT, how do I invest into this DAC with the hope of it booming some day?

Yes, I'm a little behind in the BTS world and I will find my feet soon..

Thanks guys.

I think we need a crowdsale for this.
is there a business plan?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
OK, So I'm interested in investing into the Insurance DAC.

Please bare with me when I ask (and I feel like a noob) BUT, how do I invest into this DAC with the hope of it booming some day?

Yes, I'm a little behind in the BTS world and I will find my feet soon..

Thanks guys.

I think we need a crowdsale for this.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Ordered 1000PTS

Music is something I have a passion for.  An industry that will never go bust in my opinion.

Will buy more without burning to much BTSX.
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Excellent..

So, in terms of sensible advise, its a good thing to buy as much PTS as I can afford?

no promises. but imho PTS, BTSX, and BTC are the best things to be buying right now.

PTS:

https://cryptrader.com/charts/bter/pts/btc

merockstar

Excellent..

So, in terms of sensible advise, its a good thing to buy as much PTS as I can afford?

no promises. but imho PTS, BTSX, and BTC are the best things to be buying right now.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
if you want as much stake in MUSIC as possible.. than you should by as much PTS as you can ..

... not an investment advice (tm) ....

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Excellent..

merockstar

OP seems unclear about the nature of his AGS.

OP, your AGS will be snapshotted with the release of every new DAC (this will include the insurance DAC when somebody gets around to it). It doesn't matter if you've claimed btsx from your AGS already, AGS aren't a one time use thing.

PTS will also be snapshotted. 10% to AGS holders, and 10% to PTS holders is the social consensus, so most new DACs will offer at least that. The more PTS you're holding on the snapshot day, the more shares you can get in the new DACs (in addition to your previously established AGS holdings). PTS do not get drained when you claim them for a snapshot, they are a multiple use thing as well.

In a way of thinking, PTS are kind of like liquid Angelshares.

Offline Riverhead

A side question.  Does AGS need to be imported into our Bitshares X wallet.  If PTS investment is made (I'm about to buy PTS), what then?  Import into Bitshares X wallet also? How do i ensure my investment is counted in future DAC's?

Future DAC's will always snapshot PTS. If you buy PTS today there isn't anything to gain by importing your PTS wallet into an existing DAC as that balance was captured at time of snapshot. Future DAC's will snapshot the PTS chain. You just have to have the PTS stored at addresses for which you control the private keys so you can claim the new token in the new blockchain.

The only exception to this seems to be future clones/extensions/products based on BitSharesX. There was mention that that particular blockchain would have a snapshot taken.

Bottom line: For future DAC's like Insurance, Music, Gaming, etc. just hold the PTS in addresses for which you hold the private keys and you'll be good.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
A side question.  Does AGS need to be imported into our Bitshares X wallet.  If PTS investment is made (I'm about to buy PTS), what then?  Import into Bitshares X wallet also? How do i ensure my investment is counted in future DAC's?

if you hold PTS at the snapshot day your stake will be available with importing your privat key in the new DAC wallet. No need to import now your PTS keys into BTSX client if you didn't holded them in Feb. 28 2014.

PTS are "only" good for a stake in future DACs.

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Does my past AGS investment count? (in Feb 2014).

Yes, your AGS donations count, for future DACs.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
sure ..

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE

Offline Riverhead

PTS is cheap right now. I plan to buy much more in preparation for Music snapshot