Author Topic: Market Report  (Read 16290 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Re: Market Report
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2014, 11:42:31 pm »
Since I have been burned quite a few times with bad trading and I value very much your opinions can you please share some thoughts...

Do you guys think this is a good time to buy 1-2 bitcoins?
Do you think we will have any increase to $800 shortly?
I want to do some short term trading in bitcoin. All funds are in AGS by now so I need some liquidity diversification...
How do you think the auction of the FBI coins will affect the price?
When is this auction taking place anyway? I thought that all 30,000 BTCs would be auctioned on the 25th June but I might misunderstood...

I would buy PTS and hold to see the transition to TITAN...
In 24 Days after Ags donation's finishes price will go up in no time!

Advantages:
1.TITAN expected vs DPOS and you will get 1:1 for every PTS very soon...
2.AGS donation's going to stop soon...So only PTS available if you want a bigger % on future DACs...
3.After Release of our first ever product.... bitsharesX... our community will steal attention (we are on the final countdown don't forget it)
4.I predict that after the end of AGS very soon after, they will introduce us the first DAC  ;)
5.What else do you want to hear? If it isn't enough allready ... buy your 2 bitcoins  :P
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:44:32 pm by liondani »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 07:11:36 am »
4.I predict that after the end of AGS very soon after, they will introduce us the first DAC  ;)
BitShares Lotto, BitShares DNS, BitShares ME, BitShares Music
they all are in the pipeline ..
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2014, 07:29:47 am »
Guys don't shoot... I was just thinking a bit of diversification... I don't have a single bitcoin! And the only reason I want to buy 1 bitcoin is just in case people sell cheap BTS X and I can buy some more BTS X then...

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2014, 07:35:31 am »
I'm not sure what to think about Bitcoin as an investment at this point.  One thing is for certain to go from fiat -> crypto you almost always have to buy BTC first. So having some BTC around to buy stuff is always useful.  I doubt BTC is going up or down much in the very immediate future but will almost assuredly go up shy of any unforseen event. 

I believe the US and Western countries have embraced it enough that most of the FUD is gone.

edit - actually.. I'm kinda saying 2 things.  I think the 51% stuff scares new people off a lot, but on the other hand a lot of other unknowns have been removed.. It seems like the 51% scare won't make it lose value, but could scare larger investors and slow adoption.

It is hard to suggest BTC to a crypto geek when there seems to likely be lots of other better options for a better return.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:42:23 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2014, 07:37:46 am »
as long as it doesn't fall below $400 by the time BTS X is out I am fine..I don't want to buy a bitcoin and then the value drops and I am not able to buy more cheap BTS X on launch. :).

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 09:40:51 pm »

We should have a pretty good idea by the end of the week if NXT goes up, trying to catch litecoin (the chances are getting slimmer by the day, btw) or this run is done and it retracts.

It is of no great importance, in the long run for DAC shareholders, but it would be nice if the target for Bitshares ME is the second crypto on the planet …It will mean BTS X have just one target to overtake to become the crypto king.

Market Update : June 24, 2014, 09:38:23 PM
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2014, 02:28:16 pm »
Any thoughts on NTX? I just saw this on coinmarket cap and it says something about Recast...No idea what these mean...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2014, 09:53:54 pm »

Here are my (arguably useless thoughts).

1.NXT is the next best thing after Bitshares (BTSX in particular). NXT has been in down-ward spiral for well over a month. Any actual market functionality by BTSX will send NXT if not at, pretty close to 0.000025... MHO

2.If you gonna invest real $, there is a good chance BTC will go down below $500/BTC. Do you want to wait for that opportunity to buy BTSX? I honestly do not know....
I personally liquidated all my crypto hedges (NXT, NEM, Qora... you name it) to go all in BTSX, and can afford to patiently wait BTC to go down, so I can go USD ->BTC -> BTSX

3.Putting all eggs in one basket is not recommended strategy, but if you consider crypto currency as just one egg in your basket, I find it not too risky too put  all my money on that one thing I see most viable.

4. Any Euth investors around? If yes, kiss them good bye. If you get almost all of your money back after 12-15mo you should consider yourself extremely lucky and not try this again!

08/13/2014 5:00 pm CST

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2014, 06:23:19 am »
4. Any Euth investors around? If yes, kiss them good bye. If you get almost all of your money back after 12-15mo you should consider yourself extremely lucky and not try this again!
My guess is he is talking about "eth"/"ether"/ethereum" investors ..

besides that .. I can pretty much understand you! +5%
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2014, 07:07:52 am »

I wish coinmarketcap would adjust NXT's supply to exclude the unclaimed genesis addresses.

Do we have such data for BTSX?
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2014, 10:25:17 am »

1.NXT is the next best thing after Bitshares (BTSX in particular). NXT has been in down-ward spiral for well over a month. Any actual market functionality by BTSX will send NXT if not at, pretty close to 0.000025... MHO

2.If you gonna invest real $, there is a good chance BTC will go down below $500/BTC. Do you want to wait for that opportunity to buy BTSX? I honestly do not know....
I personally liquidated all my crypto hedges (NXT, NEM, Qora... you name it) to go all in BTSX, and can afford to patiently wait BTC to go down, so I can go USD ->BTC -> BTSX

3.Putting all eggs in one basket is not recommended strategy, but if you consider crypto currency as just one egg in your basket, I find it not too risky too put  all my money on that one thing I see most viable.

08/13/2014 5:00 pm CST

Good post. However I don't think Maidsafe should be ignored..

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2014, 10:43:40 am »

+5% +5% +5%

Although I wouldn't want NXT to go get destroyed. I have invested some of my wife's money when it was pumping to +0.0001 and for the last month I can't stand her...hehehehe...So I still hope that NXT has some potential and get the 2nd place, once BTSX gets the first place of course...

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2014, 06:37:02 pm »

I wish coinmarketcap would adjust NXT's supply to exclude the unclaimed genesis addresses.

We could get such data for BTSX... but just because it is unclaimed doesn't mean it couldn't be claimed. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2014, 06:38:00 pm »

actually I asked and they said that they already reclaimed their unclaimed stake. For them this is reasonable because they had less than 100 donors.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2014, 06:55:24 pm »
My guess is he is talking about "eth"/"ether"/ethereum" investors ..

besides that .. I can pretty much understand you! +5%

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for my spelling in this case and in general

Good post. However I don't think Maidsafe should be ignored..

Actually I have way too many posts regarding Maidsafe as it is.
 In short I think they have and continue to make terrible business decisions.
 As for the general idea - I think it is a dream that we all share...