Author Topic: Market Report  (Read 28404 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
True, but as far as I can see, the only reason to get out of PTS is if one is extremely excited about BTSX and needs to pay for it somehow. Otherwise, why have people held it until now only to flake out the week of a dual snapshot?
1) Donate to AGS using PTS
2) wait for snapshot annoucment
3) sell pts when high
4) get your shares from AGS
5) buy low after snapshot

sounds reasonable to me

That was reasonable when AGS existed. I'm talking about today, this week. Why would people sell PTS if not to buy BTSX?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
True, but as far as I can see, the only reason to get out of PTS is if one is extremely excited about BTSX and needs to pay for it somehow. Otherwise, why have people held it until now only to flake out the week of a dual snapshot?
3) sell pts when high

sounds reasonable to me

You must teach me the trick to do both 1) and 3) and in that order ...  :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
3) sell pts when high

sounds reasonable to me

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Because their PTS would/should achieve the maximum selling price right before the dual snapshot.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

chryspano

Maybe this time we will not see a huge rise and drop in PTS price, most people that already know about PTS and future dacs have LOTS of AGS already and there is no need to invest more in PTS at this poin. Last months you could almost get x5 AGS for every PTS you spent to the Angel address. Any increase to PTS price could be from new investors, but most people don't even know about BTSX, so there is small demand for PTS and the snapshot. Also I think that most people would sell(or already sold) before the snapshot if the price was right just because they have lots of AGS. But I could be wrong.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

It probably will go down to where it is now I'm thinking. It'll probably spike a bit right before the snapshot but my thinking is that anyone that wants PTS already has them so there isn't much reason for a big spike. Also how well these two DACs are received will determine the value of PTS a lot.

Although I said that was my strategy I'm having second thoughts :).  PTS is stagnating before the snapshot more than I expected but BTSX has already had it's first value bump. I'm a bit reluctant to leave BTSX right now.

Fascinating to watch, isn't it? I wouldn't have thought PTS would tank today. But BitShares X has moved so fast and we are promised this BitUSD soon, so I can sure see how people find that more enticing than DNS and Vote. I want them all. Personally, I'm hoping that Amazon or Paypal don't announce something big about Bitcoin in the next little while, because I've sold almost all my BTC to stock up on PTS and BTSX.

Offline Riverhead

3.Putting all eggs in one basket is not recommended strategy, but if you consider crypto currency as just one egg in your basket, I find it not too risky too put  all my money on that one thing I see most viable.

I went with a more balanced BTSX/PTS approach.  Although there is no reason you can't shift back and forth between them depending on the situation. For example we know there is a double snapshot coming Aug 21st. One has to think how likely is it that BTSX is going to move a lot between now and the 22nd. It could make sense to shift your balance from BTSX to PTS, let the snapshot happen, then back to BTSX where it's warm and safe.

I'm sure this strategy isn't even remotely novel to anyone here :) .

Signed,
Cpt. Obvious

But isn't PTS supposed to crash (in theory) after a snapshot? I would say it's a risky move and would also like to know why you think that wont happen (if you could explain of course)

It probably will go down to where it is now I'm thinking. It'll probably spike a bit right before the snapshot but my thinking is that anyone that wants PTS already has them so there isn't much reason for a big spike. Also how well these two DACs are received will determine the value of PTS a lot.

Although I said that was my strategy I'm having second thoughts :).  PTS is stagnating before the snapshot more than I expected but BTSX has already had it's first value bump. I'm a bit reluctant to leave BTSX right now.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
3.Putting all eggs in one basket is not recommended strategy, but if you consider crypto currency as just one egg in your basket, I find it not too risky too put  all my money on that one thing I see most viable.

I went with a more balanced BTSX/PTS approach.  Although there is no reason you can't shift back and forth between them depending on the situation. For example we know there is a double snapshot coming Aug 21st. One has to think how likely is it that BTSX is going to move a lot between now and the 22nd. It could make sense to shift your balance from BTSX to PTS, let the snapshot happen, then back to BTSX where it's warm and safe.

Signed,
Cpt. Obvious

But isn't PTS supposed to crash (in theory) after a snapshot? I would say it's a risky move and would also like to know why you think that wont happen (if you could explain of course)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
... study more history at school.   :)
I have a dream .. that one day ... they teach blockchain DPOS in school :)

// edit: fixed typo :P

worst case scenario for us is we have a teacher job in future  :P

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
... study more history at school.   :)
I have a dream .. that one day ... they teach blockchain DPOS in school :)

// edit: fixed typo :P

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Hopefully it means we have a lot of bulls and investors who are independent of BTC.
What's BTC?  :P

You are too young to remember this coin. ...It is dead now, but was the biggest crypto at one point in time. You kids should study more history at school.   :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

38PTSWarrior

Signed,
Cpt. Obvious

thank you!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hopefully it means we have a lot of bulls and investors who are independent of BTC.
What's BTC?  :P

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Indeed, I am amazed at how well BTSX is holding up this BTC storm!

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-pts/