Author Topic: Market Report  (Read 28374 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Nice looking order book! If you are bullish of course!
 (look at the ask side)

Typical order book.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
3.Putting all eggs in one basket is not recommended strategy, but if you consider crypto currency as just one egg in your basket, I find it not too risky too put  all my money on that one thing I see most viable.

I went with a more balanced BTSX/PTS approach.  Although there is no reason you can't shift back and forth between them depending on the situation. For example we know there is a double snapshot coming Aug 21st. One has to think how likely is it that BTSX is going to move a lot between now and the 22nd. It could make sense to shift your balance from BTSX to PTS, let the snapshot happen, then back to BTSX where it's warm and safe.

I'm sure this strategy isn't even remotely novel to anyone here :) .

Signed,
Cpt. Obvious

Actually I have pretty strong opinion on this matter but I will send it to you (and anybody asking specifically) by PM. I have my reasons for that...

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
3.Putting all eggs in one basket is not recommended strategy, but if you consider crypto currency as just one egg in your basket, I find it not too risky too put  all my money on that one thing I see most viable.

I went with a more balanced BTSX/PTS approach.  Although there is no reason you can't shift back and forth between them depending on the situation. For example we know there is a double snapshot coming Aug 21st. One has to think how likely is it that BTSX is going to move a lot between now and the 22nd. It could make sense to shift your balance from BTSX to PTS, let the snapshot happen, then back to BTSX where it's warm and safe.

Signed,
Cpt. Obvious

As long as you don't think there will be a grand PTS price crash post-snapshot... FWIW, the snapshot announcement had a small enough impact on the PTS price that there may not be much to worry about, but I'm keeping my BTSX right where they are. :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Riverhead

Signed,
Cpt. Obvious

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
4. Any Euth investors around? If yes, kiss them good bye. If you get almost all of your money back after 12-15mo you should consider yourself extremely lucky and not try this again!
My guess is he is talking about "eth"/"ether"/ethereum" investors ..

besides that .. I can pretty much understand you! +5%

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for my spelling in this case and in general

Good post. However I don't think Maidsafe should be ignored..

Actually I have way too many posts regarding Maidsafe as it is.
 In short I think they have and continue to make terrible business decisions.
 As for the general idea - I think it is a dream that we all share...

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

I wish coinmarketcap would adjust NXT's supply to exclude the unclaimed genesis addresses.

Do we have such data for BTSX?

actually I asked and they said that they already reclaimed their unclaimed stake. For them this is reasonable because they had less than 100 donors.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

I wish coinmarketcap would adjust NXT's supply to exclude the unclaimed genesis addresses.

We could get such data for BTSX... but just because it is unclaimed doesn't mean it couldn't be claimed. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Here are my (arguably useless thoughts).

1.NXT is the next best thing after Bitshares (BTSX in particular). NXT has been in down-ward spiral for well over a month. Any actual market functionality by BTSX will send NXT if not at, pretty close to 0.000025... MHO

2.If you gonna invest real $, there is a good chance BTC will go down below $500/BTC. Do you want to wait for that opportunity to buy BTSX? I honestly do not know....
I personally liquidated all my crypto hedges (NXT, NEM, Qora... you name it) to go all in BTSX, and can afford to patiently wait BTC to go down, so I can go USD ->BTC -> BTSX

4. Any Euth investors around? If yes, kiss them good bye. If you get almost all of your money back after 12-15mo you should consider yourself extremely lucky and not try this again!

+5% +5% +5%

Although I wouldn't want NXT to go get destroyed. I have invested some of my wife's money when it was pumping to +0.0001 and for the last month I can't stand her...hehehehe...So I still hope that NXT has some potential and get the 2nd place, once BTSX gets the first place of course...

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile

1.NXT is the next best thing after Bitshares (BTSX in particular). NXT has been in down-ward spiral for well over a month. Any actual market functionality by BTSX will send NXT if not at, pretty close to 0.000025... MHO

2.If you gonna invest real $, there is a good chance BTC will go down below $500/BTC. Do you want to wait for that opportunity to buy BTSX? I honestly do not know....
I personally liquidated all my crypto hedges (NXT, NEM, Qora... you name it) to go all in BTSX, and can afford to patiently wait BTC to go down, so I can go USD ->BTC -> BTSX

08/13/2014 5:00 pm CST

Good post. However I don't think Maidsafe should be ignored..

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
My guess is he is talking about "eth"/"ether"/ethereum" investors ..

besides that .. I can pretty much understand you! +5%

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

08/13/2014 5:00 pm CST

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Any thoughts on NTX? I just saw this on coinmarket cap and it says something about Recast...No idea what these mean...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

We should have a pretty good idea by the end of the week if NXT goes up, trying to catch litecoin (the chances are getting slimmer by the day, btw) or this run is done and it retracts.

It is of no great importance, in the long run for DAC shareholders, but it would be nice if the target for Bitshares ME is the second crypto on the planet …It will mean BTS X have just one target to overtake to become the crypto king.

Market Update : June 24, 2014, 09:38:23 PM

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
as long as it doesn't fall below $400 by the time BTS X is out I am fine..I don't want to buy a bitcoin and then the value drops and I am not able to buy more cheap BTS X on launch. :).