Author Topic: Market Report  (Read 28590 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I'm not sure what to think about Bitcoin as an investment at this point.  One thing is for certain to go from fiat -> crypto you almost always have to buy BTC first. So having some BTC around to buy stuff is always useful.  I doubt BTC is going up or down much in the very immediate future but will almost assuredly go up shy of any unforseen event. 

I believe the US and Western countries have embraced it enough that most of the FUD is gone.

edit - actually.. I'm kinda saying 2 things.  I think the 51% stuff scares new people off a lot, but on the other hand a lot of other unknowns have been removed.. It seems like the 51% scare won't make it lose value, but could scare larger investors and slow adoption.

It is hard to suggest BTC to a crypto geek when there seems to likely be lots of other better options for a better return.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:42:23 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Guys don't shoot... I was just thinking a bit of diversification... I don't have a single bitcoin! And the only reason I want to buy 1 bitcoin is just in case people sell cheap BTS X and I can buy some more BTS X then...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
4.I predict that after the end of AGS very soon after, they will introduce us the first DAC  ;)
BitShares Lotto, BitShares DNS, BitShares ME, BitShares Music
they all are in the pipeline ..

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Since I have been burned quite a few times with bad trading and I value very much your opinions can you please share some thoughts...

Do you guys think this is a good time to buy 1-2 bitcoins?
Do you think we will have any increase to $800 shortly?
I want to do some short term trading in bitcoin. All funds are in AGS by now so I need some liquidity diversification...
How do you think the auction of the FBI coins will affect the price?
When is this auction taking place anyway? I thought that all 30,000 BTCs would be auctioned on the 25th June but I might misunderstood...

I would buy PTS and hold to see the transition to TITAN...
In 24 Days after Ags donation's finishes price will go up in no time!

Advantages:
1.TITAN expected vs DPOS and you will get 1:1 for every PTS very soon...
2.AGS donation's going to stop soon...So only PTS available if you want a bigger % on future DACs...
3.After Release of our first ever product.... bitsharesX... our community will steal attention (we are on the final countdown don't forget it)
4.I predict that after the end of AGS very soon after, they will introduce us the first DAC  ;)
5.What else do you want to hear? If it isn't enough allready ... buy your 2 bitcoins  :P
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:44:32 pm by liondani »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Since I have been burned quite a few times with bad trading and I value very much your opinions can you please share some thoughts...

Do you guys think this is a good time to buy 1-2 bitcoins?
Do you think we will have any increase to $800 shortly?
I want to do some short term trading in bitcoin. All funds are in AGS by now so I need some liquidity diversification...
How do you think the auction of the FBI coins will affect the price?
When is this auction taking place anyway? I thought that all 30,000 BTCs would be auctioned on the 25th June but I might misunderstood...

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Despite many times the frustration of many members here about the delays of I3 I really think that we are one of the best communities out there. And if we stop bitching about delays, stop with the unnecessary negativity and we all collaborate as we can, I really think we can overtake all the other coins...

indeed  :P

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
thank you for the advice... For me everything I have is on AGS now...If that fails I simply wasted 1-1.5 years of my life in crypto for nothing...But I doubt this will be the case. ;)

However a small diversification is always good. I am trading very small amounts in different shitcoins just in case... but this never works...Cryptcoin is one of them...The moment I bought some, the next day it crashed...Unbelievable.. :(

I have a small stake in NXT and I am thinking to switch all of it to NEM or keep 1/2 NEM , 1/2 NXT maybe...

NXT is nice and made some serious progress over the last months...But some people there are messing up seriously with the rest of the community.

I don't think that Blueminie1 had a bad behavior here. On the contrast I think that we were more hostile against him than he was. I might be mistaken though as I didn't pay much attention to the whole conversation but that's the idea it left me anyway...

And having said that t about blueminie1,  I think he is involved in a big scandal in NXT AE and stole a lot of funds of investors there...So in the end if we didn't treat him well here, good for us!!Although I might be mistaken again as I didn't pay much attention to this thread as well...

Despite many times the frustration of many members here about the delays of I3 I really think that we are one of the best communities out there. And if we stop bitching about delays, stop with the unnecessary negativity and we all collaborate as we can, I really think we can overtake all the other coins...

There are a lot of brilliant minds in here that other communities don't have...

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Does NEM has potential? It starts to appear having high volume on their AE. Can someone explain simply how to claim the NEM share? If I buy the token on the exchange is there a deadline I should send something to someone?

You buy the token on the exchange.  When they release the coin you will email patmast3r or someone else about the token and send it to them.  They will then send you the amount of your stake.  So .1 stake  = 100k coins.  IMO it is as good of a deal as any.  There are 100s of shitcoins, but not many coins with 1k+ BTT veteran accounts.  It is also being written from scratch.  Which means slower release, but a bigger chance of going places.  It already has tons of NXT supporting sock puppets trying to take it down, but so far there is only 1 scandal and that is the main guy was caught with a sock puppet taking an extra stake.  He stepped down and they're claiming more people have stepped up and are stronger than ever.  If you are wanting to diversify crypto-equity, this is as good of a place to start as any.  I personally despise NXT and never have a positive experience ever with anyone from their community.  (Witness bluemeanie1's behavior on this forum an an immediate example.)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I am quite confused with NXT. 95% of my time I follow Bitshares so it would be nice if others have more info around what's happening..

As far as I know:

NXT might soon get fiat exchange. +

There are some scandals currently I think with some assets on the AE. -

Not sure what happened with Gocoin deal

It is misleading as Toast pointed out. I wonder what the market cap will be if it gets adjusted as ripple did.

They have good marketing ideas and want to expand. They are planning to send emails to many Universities..++

Does NEM has potential? It starts to appear having high volume on their AE. Can someone explain simply how to claim the NEM share? If I buy the token on the exchange is there a deadline I should send something to someone?

Another question... What prevent any bank to simply do a new Ripple as payment processor? If the answer is nothing then XRPs are useless?

Offline vikram

A couple of months it was way too buggy and non friendly for non tech guys and their progress now is outstanding...

"The question is did we missed that boat and initial investors will soon start to dump at some point"? Or do you guys believe that it will overtake litecoin and could reach the 1/2 bil market cap?

NXT is a currency first of all, with added on features.  Their AE is pretty cool.  It is not something that can't be easily overtaken.   NXT also isn't as successful as people think it is.  Look at Cryptsy volumes.

CRYPT/BTC    CryptCoin    1012 BTC   
LTC/BTC    LiteCoin    181 BTC   
DRK/BTC    DarkCoin    176 BTC   
DOGE/BTC    Dogecoin    151 BTC
POT/BTC    PotCoin    67.5 BTC   
NXT/BTC    Nxt    47.0 BTC   

So Dogecoin has 3x the volume (unspecified timeframe) and even PotCoin beats NXT.

I wish coinmarketcap would adjust NXT's supply to exclude the unclaimed genesis addresses. They did adjust Ripple's supply, after all. Anyone want to send them that suggestion? Use words like "misleading" and "would be more accurate"

These are kinds of messes we get without inactivity fees and BIPS.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

A couple of months it was way too buggy and non friendly for non tech guys and their progress now is outstanding...

"The question is did we missed that boat and initial investors will soon start to dump at some point"? Or do you guys believe that it will overtake litecoin and could reach the 1/2 bil market cap?

NXT is a currency first of all, with added on features.  Their AE is pretty cool.  It is not something that can't be easily overtaken.   NXT also isn't as successful as people think it is.  Look at Cryptsy volumes.

So Dogecoin has 3x the volume (unspecified timeframe) and even PotCoin beats NXT.

I wish coinmarketcap would adjust NXT's supply to exclude the unclaimed genesis addresses. They did adjust Ripple's supply, after all. Anyone want to send them that suggestion? Use words like "misleading" and "would be more accurate"
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
NXT is really progressing much faster than BTS.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
"It" being one such bug, no guarantees we fixed all possible bugs that could cause forks
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.