Author Topic: Concerns about AGS donations being reinvested in AGS  (Read 31811 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
- they don't give us the same oportunity ...

What does this mean? We're not getting any advantage, we are all investing personal income. You mean BTS trust should pay you also?

Well, employment payments deals and negotiations are non-public, so we have no way of knowing there isn't a contractual obligation to devote some % of pay above the real salary to cycling funds back through.  If you want people to be vested in your ecosystem in a way where they can't leave, Angelshares do that well.   

I'm not suggesting this is being done, but that it's a plausible explanation for the rather heavy re-investment.  That person is mostly competing against themselves, which is not an entirely rational strategy.

We have no contractual obligations regarding AGS recycling. 

I do know that Dan N, Arlen and Brian and supporting AGS.   

That's good to know, hope that's the fact with all involved in the project...

PS toast everything is ok, I totaly misunderstood the "liquidity-thing-theory" about AGS's only for I3 employees...   ::) :P

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Who is Hypertas, and why were they given 134,000USD worth of bitcoin at current rate?

Because this person or company is managing payroll by the looks of it.  Not looking like anything problematic so far.

A few weeks after the coin desk article that first mentioned BitShares back in August I remember I visited an old I3 website where they had the names of some of their employee's names and roles listed. The person in charge of accounting was a woman and she was a Larimer. Can'the remember her first name though. That page might be listed on archive.org idk. I actually did take a screen shot of the page but I don't remember where I put.

Gotta love crypto :) forces you to have greater openness.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline bytemaster

What does this mean? We're not getting any advantage, we are all investing personal income. You mean BTS trust should pay you also?

Well, employment payments deals and negotiations are non-public, so we have no way of knowing there isn't a contractual obligation to devote some % of pay above the real salary to cycling funds back through.  If you want people to be vested in your ecosystem in a way where they can't leave, Angelshares do that well.   

I'm not suggesting this is being done, but that it's a plausible explanation for the rather heavy re-investment.  That person is mostly competing against themselves, which is not an entirely rational strategy.

We have no contractual obligations regarding AGS recycling. 

I do know that Dan N, Arlen and Brian and supporting AGS.     

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Did I read this right?

Hyperatas is a payroll company liquidating AGS BTC donations through someone, not an exchange, who is turning around and donating them back to AGS?

Right, except the "turning around and donating them back" happens after the "paid out of BTS trust" happens - in other words, employees (and subcontractors and bountees) are re-investing their *personal* income.

edit: actually I think "liquidating" might not be the right word to describe "trading BTC for labor", so answer in that case would be "no"

+ they believe in bitshares succes (and have a martingale-like strategy in action)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Did I read this right?

Hyperatas is a payroll company liquidating AGS BTC donations through someone, not an exchange, who is turning around and donating them back to AGS?

Right, except the "turning around and donating them back" happens after the "paid out of BTS trust" happens - in other words, employees (and subcontractors and bountees) are re-investing their *personal* income.

edit: actually I think "liquidating" might not be the right word to describe "trading BTC for labor", so answer in that case would be "no"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:20:15 am by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Did I read this right?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
У меня есть новости для вас, о тех голосов в вашей голове, это не бог говорит с вами

english please

Every word that I labor to write is placed where it is for a specific reason.

I do not expect all such words to be equally useful to every reader.

But all words are there because I specifically wish to communicate something to someone.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Wow, na gut wenn Ihr meint so kommunizieren zu müssen, dann macht das, aber dann bitte ohne mich!
Ist ehrlich gesagt nicht wirklich konstruktiv so zu handeln. Naja ... klinke mich dann hier mal aus ... viel Spass und weiter so ... keine Zeit dafür

I am also annoyed to no end to be lectured Homer / Shakespeare style on the history of shipbuilding when I look for a one sentence answer to a business issue…

agreed

Why only some of us need to act in constructive way? And + I consider this constructive criticism…

i didn't say this to just one partie here...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:29:55 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
У меня есть новости для вас, о тех голосов в вашей голове, это не бог говорит с вами

english please

But all words are there because I specifically wish to communicate something to someone.

Wow, na gut wenn Ihr meint so kommunizieren zu müssen, dann macht das, aber dann bitte ohne mich!
Ist ehrlich gesagt nicht wirklich konstruktiv so zu handeln. Naja ... klinke mich dann hier mal aus ... viel Spass und weiter so ... keine Zeit dafür

I am also annoyed to no end to be lectured Homer / Shakespeare style on the history of shipbuilding when I look for a one sentence answer to a business issue…

agreed

Why only some of us need to act in constructive way? And + I consider this constructive criticism…
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

english please

agreed

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:20:29 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

english please

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

english please

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

:)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:55:26 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.