Author Topic: Dry Run 2: The Real Deal  (Read 146763 times)

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
There are 5 pages of comments that I haven't caught up on, but I wanted to post an update on where we are:

1) Clock drift is causing some nodes to fail to validate blocks.  Apparently it can drift by as much as 5 seconds or more per day and we only do NTP sync on launch.   Blocks were failing because their time was 'in the future' and this would cause forks.

2) We found a bug where transactions on forks are not saved and thus we fail to switch to the fork.  This would exasperate #1

3) If your client is the one with the bad clock then you can get stuck because once block is 'failed' it will never retry.  This will leave you stuck until you re-sync.

We are preparing fixes for these issues now which should be relatively straight forward and should have it all resolved today.

Looks promising! GJ & keep going.

Offline cgafeng

There are 5 pages of comments that I haven't caught up on, but I wanted to post an update on where we are:

1) Clock drift is causing some nodes to fail to validate blocks.  Apparently it can drift by as much as 5 seconds or more per day and we only do NTP sync on launch.   Blocks were failing because their time was 'in the future' and this would cause forks.

2) We found a bug where transactions on forks are not saved and thus we fail to switch to the fork.  This would exasperate #1

3) If your client is the one with the bad clock then you can get stuck because once block is 'failed' it will never retry.  This will leave you stuck until you re-sync.

We are preparing fixes for these issues now which should be relatively straight forward and should have it all resolved today.
good to know.
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Can someone vote for my delegate?
alexxy

I'm running public node with ~30 connections (max connections set to 256) 79.173.81.171:8764

I tried but I think I finished my votes :(
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
Can someone vote for my delegate?
alexxy

I'm running public node with ~30 connections (max connections set to 256) 79.173.81.171:8764
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
thanks all, I have get many XTS/LOVE/HAP from you :)
Code: [Select]
  10296.0    2014-06-16T08:05:00 clout               alt                                                           50.000000 XTS        0.000000 XTS        e2c9cbc9
  10339.0    2014-06-16T08:22:45 mauritso            alt                                                           10.000000 XTS        0.000000 XTS        37671f7e
  10341.0    2014-06-16T08:23:15 mauritso            alt                                                          10.000000 LOVE        0.000000 XTS        fe819ec6
  10355.0    2014-06-16T08:30:45 betax               alt                                                           20.000000 XTS        0.000000 XTS        2ebd73be
  10358.0    2014-06-16T08:32:45 UNKNOWN             UNKNOWN                                                        0.000000 XTS        0.000000 XTS        d50ebe4c
  10368.0    2014-06-16T08:35:30 UNKNOWN             UNKNOWN                                                        0.000000 XTS        0.000000 XTS        136d44af
  10384.0    2014-06-16T08:42:15 betax               alt                                                      100,000.000000 HAP        0.000000 XTS        851d86be
  10511.0    2014-06-16T09:32:15 spartako            alt                 some love                               100.000000 LOVE        0.000000 XTS        870cd6e6

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Kenof

• View Profile
We are pleased with progress and release is imminent - as soon as all test results are acceptable.

im·mi·nent
ˈimənənt
adjective
about to happen.
"they were in imminent danger of being swept away"
synonyms:   impending, close (at hand), near, (fast) approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, just around the corner, coming down the pike, expected, anticipated, brewing, looming, ...   :)

+5%

haha  ;)

and also the other products are coming soon as well   ;D
Making life easier.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We are pleased with progress and release is imminent - as soon as all test results are acceptable.

im·mi·nent
ˈimənənt
adjective
about to happen.
"they were in imminent danger of being swept away"
synonyms:   impending, close (at hand), near, (fast) approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, just around the corner, coming down the pike, expected, anticipated, brewing, looming, ...   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline yinchanggong

• View Profile
    • 微博 引长弓Fate
I donot understand what you are doning,  but I want to ask: Is there everythings is OK?  Could we see the release in the summer?....lol

来自我的 M353 上的 Tapatalk

BTSX delegate: google.helloworld    microsoft.helloworld
BTSX Account:yinchg   Manager of BTSXCHINA Charity Fund
引长弓Fate 新浪微博

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Have some happiness :D

11060.0    2014-06-16T13:08:30 betax               networker                                                100,000.000000 HAP        0.010000 XTS        532275d5
try creating your own assets
Wow! How to creat my own asset like you?  that's awesome!

wallet_asset_create <symbol> <asset_name> <issuer_name> [description] [data] [maximum_share_supply] [precision]
Can you explain [data] and [precision] or tell me where can I find description information? Thanks a lot

Creates a new user issued asset.

Parameters
symbol   the ticker symbol for the new asset (asset_symbol, required)
asset_name   the name of the asset (std::string, required)
issuer_name   the name of the issuer of the asset (std::string, required)
description   a description of the asset (std::string, optional, defaults to "")
data   arbitrary data attached to the asset (json_variant, optional, defaults to null)
maximum_share_supply   the maximum number of shares of the asset (int64_t, optional, defaults to 1000000000000000)
precision   defines where the decimal should be displayed, must be a power of 10 (int64_t, optional, defaults to 1000000)

You can search any function in http://bitshares.org/resources/documentation/
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

I know I am a little late to the party, but I built the latest with a clean .BitsharesXTS dir and tried to import my wallet.dat from PTS using wallet_import_bitcoin and it seemed like it worked but I don't have any XTS. Am I doing something wrong? Could I get some XTS to try to register as a delegate with? :)

importing PrWXTV7BMNJikS36HTJZzdUXKDc4QKjRbz
importing Pkw41LBvT8BEhwiW7osiKtf5yHRah7w8n7
importing 1KakKQR3bGMexAEEuxeiqcEU4yBEd1QAxo
importing 1E1GsFVnh2EAufuekKDsAsR2j2zkrATCrj
OK
bdnoble (unlocked) >>> wallet_rescan_blockchain
Rescanning blockchain...
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|====================================================================================================|
Scan complete.
OK
bdnoble (unlocked) >>> wallet_list_receive_accounts
NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            TRUST LEVEL
bdnoble                            XTS5UJbjAws1os3J8eX2H2HEp3iTs5a2CsqJwb2w23cZvxqjd6vjZ           NO                    0
bdnoble (unlocked) >>> wallet_get_info
{
  "data_directory": "/home/ben/.BitSharesXTS/wallets",
  "last_unlocked_scanned_block_number": 3829,
  "last_locked_scanned_block_number": null,
  "next_child_key_index": 2,
  "default_transaction_priority_fee": {
    "amount": 10000,
    "asset_id": 0
  },
  "state": "open",
  "locked": false,
  "file": "/home/ben/.BitSharesXTS/wallets/bdnoble",
  "scheduled_lock_time": "20140628T024833"
}

I imported mine using private keys.

Have you done wallet_account_balance <- to get the balance
or wallet_rescan_blockchain <- to "refresh"

I did a rescan.

I actually couldn't figure out how to find my private keys from PTS. I did a dumpprivkey on my PTS qt wallet but it said it couldn't find my private key for my address or something like that. So that's why I tried to import the wallet.dat. Has anyone else tried that yet? Is it supposed to be working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:)

Offline networker

• View Profile

11060.0    2014-06-16T13:08:30 betax               networker                                                100,000.000000 HAP        0.010000 XTS        532275d5

wallet_asset_create <symbol> <asset_name> <issuer_name> [description] [data] [maximum_share_supply] [precision]
Can you explain [data] and [precision] or tell me where can I find description information? Thanks a lot

Offline betax

• View Profile
I know I am a little late to the party, but I built the latest with a clean .BitsharesXTS dir and tried to import my wallet.dat from PTS using wallet_import_bitcoin and it seemed like it worked but I don't have any XTS. Am I doing something wrong? Could I get some XTS to try to register as a delegate with? :)

importing PrWXTV7BMNJikS36HTJZzdUXKDc4QKjRbz
importing Pkw41LBvT8BEhwiW7osiKtf5yHRah7w8n7
importing 1KakKQR3bGMexAEEuxeiqcEU4yBEd1QAxo
importing 1E1GsFVnh2EAufuekKDsAsR2j2zkrATCrj
OK
bdnoble (unlocked) >>> wallet_rescan_blockchain
Rescanning blockchain...
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|====================================================================================================|
Scan complete.
OK
bdnoble (unlocked) >>> wallet_list_receive_accounts
NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            TRUST LEVEL
bdnoble                            XTS5UJbjAws1os3J8eX2H2HEp3iTs5a2CsqJwb2w23cZvxqjd6vjZ           NO                    0
bdnoble (unlocked) >>> wallet_get_info
{
  "data_directory": "/home/ben/.BitSharesXTS/wallets",
  "last_unlocked_scanned_block_number": 3829,
  "last_locked_scanned_block_number": null,
  "next_child_key_index": 2,
  "default_transaction_priority_fee": {
    "amount": 10000,
    "asset_id": 0
  },
  "state": "open",
  "locked": false,
  "file": "/home/ben/.BitSharesXTS/wallets/bdnoble",
  "scheduled_lock_time": "20140628T024833"
}

I imported mine using private keys.

Have you done wallet_account_balance <- to get the balance
or wallet_rescan_blockchain <- to "refresh"
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline betax

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads