Author Topic: Non-Technical Delegates of the World Unite!  (Read 13039 times)

Offline fuzzy

Well just so you know...the plan is to ask that all delegates who learned how from our tuts to do a few things:

A) donate a small % (perhaps 5%?) to Beyondbitcoinx.net so users who actively propagate content and earn Xpoints can redeem them for Shares in bitshares DACs

B) donate a sizable amount (perhaps 25%?) to a cause that will improve the world in some way (ex. Khanacademy, Cancer Research, Electronic Frontier Foundation...etc) -- In return, the donating delegates should ask these causes to help them produce project updates to post on their delegate page (users will earn Xpoints to propagate this content on social media)

C) vote for the delegates of those who helped to produce the tutorials

In return, if they follow these criteria they will be placed on the Beyond Bitcoin Delegate slate, which will have a "quick link" that enables people to easily vote for them from the homepage of their respective DACs.  I will likely make a video at some point to talk a little more about this, but for now I have to bash my head against the keyboard some more...

Oh, and as always, suggestions on how to make this project better are always welcome.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
yeah! the fuzz good to know the basics to run delegate!!  i'm interested too.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

An update: I now have found a proper provider on which to run beyond bitcoin delegates and I will be learning over thr course of his week the best practices for doing so.  At that point, we will be setting up sessions for non tehcies to learn the basics.

Good work Fuzz, can't wait!

Offline fuzzy

An update: I now have found a proper provider on which to run beyond bitcoin delegates and I will be learning over thr course of his week the best practices for doing so.  At that point, we will be setting up sessions for non tehcies to learn the basics.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Hi,

I am looking for a non-techie to partner in being a delegate. Please PM me if you are interested.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Spoke to rivrhead about it last night and it seems it should be any more difficult than cloud mining pts was.

It's actually exactly the same. Get a host, build the CLI client, open/unlock your delegate wallet and make sure block production is turned on.

After that it's just tuning: Number of max/desired connections, some iptables (firewall) and sshd setup to lock things down a bit and Bob's your uncle, you're a delegate candidate.

Is there a link to a step by step guide?

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares-x-how-to

Thats a link on how to create a account, I am asking if their is a how to on setting up a server for running a delegate.

oops. wrong link, this is the right one http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares_X_Delegate_How-To
Its no big deal I just noticed if I clicked the Bitshares logo from the first link I could have found it......its my bad for needing to be spoon fed. Thanks

Offline soniq

• View Profile
Spoke to rivrhead about it last night and it seems it should be any more difficult than cloud mining pts was.

It's actually exactly the same. Get a host, build the CLI client, open/unlock your delegate wallet and make sure block production is turned on.

After that it's just tuning: Number of max/desired connections, some iptables (firewall) and sshd setup to lock things down a bit and Bob's your uncle, you're a delegate candidate.

Thats a link on how to create a account, I am asking if their is a how to on setting up a server for running a delegate.

oops. wrong link, this is the right one http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares_X_Delegate_How-To
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

Offline soniq

• View Profile

Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:49:26 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline fuzzy

I am interested in knowing how many people are wanting to take part in a Google Hangout with screensharing so people can see precisely how to do it. 

We will post it to the BeyondBitcoin Channel on Youtube and to the BeyondBitcoin SubForum.

that would be awesome!

thanks for the interest guys/gals.  Bumping this to keep it alive and well for a couple more days for maximum eyes on.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I am interested in knowing how many people are wanting to take part in a Google Hangout with screensharing so people can see precisely how to do it. 

We will post it to the BeyondBitcoin Channel on Youtube and to the BeyondBitcoin SubForum.

that would be awesome!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
If anyone wants to team up with a non-techie (me) who can help promote you in exchange for a small cut, PM me.

Offline fuzzy

Is there any background knowledge required? I woud love to be able to setup and run my own delegate instead of relying on a service.

Can you give us any idea of the the difficulty level ?