Author Topic: [FYI] SWARM project will be livestreaming its crowdsale launch! Monday 6/16 8pm  (Read 14705 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
The amazing bitshares community at work!   See everyone?  THIS is why you should pay 20% of your money supply to use the Bitshares toolkit, what an amazing deal.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

There were two ways to read your statement and due to the sensitive legal nature of these fundraisers I had to make sure it is absolutely clear that I have no involvement in Swarm nor any other token swap fundraiser. I apologize if I was harsh.

Unfortunately, there is only one way to read yours…

Think before you write idiocy

So indeed, follow your own advice next time, and think/ask before writing… If apologies are not your strong suit!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

charleshoskinson

If you think that, you leaving, MIGHT signal your disagreement with this move is extremely idiotic, I apologize.

I just keep in high regard people who are able to do so. If you think I am idiot for thinking you might have such noble reasons, I apologize

There were two ways to read your statement and due to the sensitive legal nature of these fundraisers I had to make sure it is absolutely clear that I have no involvement in Swarm nor any other token swap fundraiser. I apologize if I was harsh. 

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
tonyk

Re: [FYI] SWARM project will be livestreaming its crowdsale launch! Monday 6/16 8pm
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2014, 05:40:03 PM »
Recent Ethereum connection !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653568.msg7411878#msg7411878

What I find interesting (if the post is indeed true) is that after the ex Invictus CEO leaves a particular company it seems that said company follows with large IPO/money collection activities of no small size…

This is pure fud. I had nothing to do with swarm and consider Joel to be an unstable idiot with limited respect for the law. I spent months of my life in Switzerland and with countless lawyers studying how coin swaps should be interpreted under the howey test and forming an SRO. Dan and his term alone are responsible for angel shares. I would have never endorsed something so reckless in the back yard of the us.

If you think that, you leaving, MIGHT signal your disagreement with this move is extremely idiotic, I apologize.

I just keep in high regard people who are able to do so. If you think I am idiot for thinking you might have such noble reasons, I apologize

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
tonyk

Re: [FYI] SWARM project will be livestreaming its crowdsale launch! Monday 6/16 8pm

What I find interesting (if the post is indeed true) is that after the ex Invictus CEO leaves a particular company it seems that said company follows with large IPO/money collection activities of no small size…

This is pure fud. I had nothing to do with swarm and consider Joel to be an unstable idiot with limited respect for the law. I spent months of my life in Switzerland and with countless lawyers studying how coin swaps should be interpreted under the howey test and forming an SRO. Dan and his term alone are responsible for angel shares. I would have never endorsed something so reckless in the back yard of the us.

I didn't get the impresiion he was slurring you in any way. If anything it calls into attention the motives of others, not yours.

If anything it calls into attention the motives of others, not yours

At least that was my intention!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:15:52 pm by tonyk »

Offline onceuponatime

tonyk

I didn't get the impresiion he was slurring you in any way. If anything it calls into attention the motives of others, not yours.

charleshoskinson

tonyk

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
call me crazy, but for some reason I can't really explain my gut told me to pick up a hundred swarm shares just in case, in spite of the fact that all logic makes this look like a scam. so i did. *fingers crossed*

Did the same thing. After the "I crowdfunded Oculus Rift and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" this could perhaps be a thing. I kissed my investment goodbye and expect nothing at all though. Bought the shares only as a means to insure myself against possible success.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I just skipped through the website, the OP on BTT and the coindesk article http://www.coindesk.com/swarm-take-bitcoin-crowdfunding-new-heights/. As far as I got it it is supposed be a crowd based VC company for "Bitcoin business ideas" (of chain or on chain businesses or both?). They take the money from the investors in swarmcoin and invest it in those businesses.
Did anybody pick up something different?

The questions for me are:
1) How does the crowd assesment process work? Does the Swarm team make a preselection and all Swarmcoin holders (proportional to their stake size?) then vote on which business to fund? 
3) Why give money to swarm if I can invest it into Andreessen/Horowitz?
4) If a business is funded, do Swarmcoin holders only get a standard fee that is charged or do Swarmcoin holders get a stake in the funded business like an investor in a VC fund would get if a VC company funds a business?
4) I strongly assume the latte is the case. If so: How can I be SURE that all the equity in the company that Swarm gets for their "VC money" they give to the business goes ALL to the Swarm holders? Is there a trustless process of verifying that the Swarm team didn't make a deal with the funded business so they get an extra cut?
5) What about the legal issues addressed in the coin desk article? Contingency plan?
6) How far is the platform away form (full) functionality (in weeks/month not in % :) )?

Crossposted: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653568.msg7464985#msg7464985

merockstar

call me crazy, but for some reason I can't really explain my gut told me to pick up a hundred swarm shares just in case, in spite of the fact that all logic makes this look like a scam. so i did. *fingers crossed*

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
'I can't wait to see what they do next' Adam B L

I am curious too.

I would be curious too if I had "invest"...

bitbro

Feels like we are in the Wild West of cyberspace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
'I can't wait to see what they do next' Adam B L

I am curious too.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani