Author Topic: The reborn website bitshares.org ... Re-poll 1 month after !  (Read 8269 times)

Offline davidpbrown

BitSharesX is independend company so we just point to bitshares-x.info!
What you can see on this page is an included iframe, which one points to an extern page.
But i have no access to this server (jenkins)!

In the absence of obvious indicators of who to alert on each website, it's harder to know who to suggest to. Expecting then they can be encouraged or that those responsible are visitors here.

The http://bitshares-x.info/ doesn't suggest option for Linux download - even if that is only atm source+compile.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Seeing this thread, I'll just suggest again what I had already in a post that was deleted by MktDirector:Brian for not being Marketing related..

http://bitshares.org/resources/downloads/ is offering very old versions of downloads.

bts_wallet
Linux: Apr 6, 0:01:12 bts-wallet-20140406-nightly.deb

and the front of that page only suggests "Latest BitShares PTS Releases on GitHub" where it perhaps could suggest BTSX.

BitSharesX is independend company so we just point to bitshares-x.info!
What you can see on this page is an included iframe, which one points to an extern page.
But i have no access to this server (jenkins)!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline davidpbrown

Seeing this thread, I'll just suggest again what I had already in a post that was deleted by MktDirector:Brian for not being Marketing related..

http://bitshares.org/resources/downloads/ is offering very old versions of downloads.

bts_wallet
Linux: Apr 6, 0:01:12 bts-wallet-20140406-nightly.deb

and the front of that page only suggests "Latest BitShares PTS Releases on GitHub" where it perhaps could suggest BTSX.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

I still don't see the update  ;)

will contact Taulent for changing this on next update .. sry for delay ...

when?

Was thinking i've asked  Taulant weeks before! Will contact him again ---  sry for delay

We deleted the BitSharesx subboard, right? So guess we should update X icon on Bank & Exchange Mainboard ...! Or i'm wrong with this? A bit confused ^^
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I just came here to say this community needs a slick, clean "whitepaper" for BTSX and it needs to be listed prominantly on both bitshares.org and bitshares-x.info. Telling people to "read the whitepaper" is one of the main reasons bitcoin spread as fast as it did. Its a great way to market to nerds!
I mentioned this to BM at the hangout yesterday ... We came to the conclusion that we should collect everything and write a wiki article that can be used as a basis for a whitepaper

Good idea! But i like the idea also ... to create a section on bitshares.org for white papers ...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I just came here to say this community needs a slick, clean "whitepaper" for BTSX and it needs to be listed prominantly on both bitshares.org and bitshares-x.info. Telling people to "read the whitepaper" is one of the main reasons bitcoin spread as fast as it did. Its a great way to market to nerds!
I mentioned this to BM at the hangout yesterday ... We came to the conclusion that we should collect everything and write a wiki article that can be used as a basis for a whitepaper

Offline AJ

• View Profile

Yes, great point. White paper is highly necessary for all audiences. Investors and Techies love reviewing white papers
btsx username: ajm - My BitSharesX Teaser video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DRhwgmNsm9o

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline AJ

• View Profile
I like the layout. Simple and easy.

However, I feel bitshares is a complex project that needs to be marketed with more simplicity in working things.

I'm not sure if I missed it, is there really basic tutorials (step by step) guides measurable to the target readers who will find bitshares via Google.

I really like the SEO approach. How is the site performing BH the way with SEO rankings. Care to share some analytics and stats? Maybe we can joint together some ideas to help improve things.
btsx username: ajm - My BitSharesX Teaser video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DRhwgmNsm9o

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline bitmont

• View Profile

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
Guys any update on making bitshares.org better and simpler.

At a stage where the bitshares pump is on and people are taking notice we should have a website that is simple and easy to use.

Not as in the current format with 100's of links.

It is a web of confusion for anyone new to bitshares.

The intro video is excellent but everything after that is overkill.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:05:46 pm by cass »

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Looking forward to a revamp by Cass and our marketing director.

Check out http://bitshares-x.info/ for the direction we need!

Excellent work on http://bitshares-x.info/

great page. big shout out to brian and cass for making it happen. simple and beautiful

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
Looking forward to a revamp by Cass and our marketing director.

Check out http://bitshares-x.info/ for the direction we need!

Excellent work on http://bitshares-x.info/

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Instead of all of the speculation, I would suggest setting up A/B split testing on some of the suggestions posed in this thread, as well as setup conversion goals on your pages to start getting the numbers higher.

Great idea!  +5%

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Instead of all of the speculation, I would suggest setting up A/B split testing on some of the suggestions posed in this thread, as well as setup conversion goals on your pages to start getting the numbers higher.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Just a suggestion...

Maybe it would look better if you changed the X on  word "EXPECTED" to look like the blue X  on the logo above (Italicized maybe?)  ;)

wouldn't do this :) to much IMO

And something about the quote:

"MORE THEN EXPECTED"

"2. Exceed expectations – When saying that a product or service will exceed expectations, you automatically raise customer expectations. Instead focus your content on what the product does."
source:
http://www.vocus.com/blog/words-to-use-in-marketing/

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Just a suggestion...

Maybe it would look better if you changed the X on  word "EXPECTED" to look like the blue X  on the logo above (Italicized maybe?)  ;)

wouldn't do this :) to much IMO

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
At the end of the page
http://bitshares.org/industries/banking/

the link that should get as to http://bitshares-x.info/

Has a syntax error so it doesn't...
http://http//bitshares-x.info/

PS +you have 2 link's on one phrase and it is confusing... "learn more" + a green box(!) (?)

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Just a suggestion...

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
it has to do with bitsharestalk.org...

please use a nice graphic (X) for the new topic "BitSharesX" on "Alternative DACS",
like you did for mastercoin and ethereum!!!

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
on
http://bitshares.org/delegated-proof-of-stake/

it is written:
"Every share can be set to vote either for or against a potential delegate. "

that is not the case anymore because of the aproval method we are now only upvoting...
fix it pls.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
can you remove google font from the webpage?

people from China can't visit the webpage now,
because anything about google have denied by GFW.

i'll will integrate it server based, this should work, shouldn't it? let me know
I can visit now

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

On another note, it might be worth adding a careers/jobs section so that people looking for work in this space know what kinds of skills/positions Invictus is looking for in particular

absoluteley agreed

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

i'll will integrate it server based, this should work, shouldn't it? let me know

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
ill repost some of my suggestions from the last thread that didnt gain any traction:

i think the 'one line' descriptions in the Domains subsection of Industries looks much better than the 'stacked columns' style in the other sections (music, charities, backing), and its easier to read that way to boot. Either way, it seems like there should be consistency between pages that are so similar

vs

Maybe its just me, but when I read those "stacked columns" in my head it just doesn't sound right or flow like it should.

On another note, it might be worth adding a careers/jobs section so that people looking for work in this space know what kinds of skills/positions Invictus is looking for in particular

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The navigation is a big slow to appear in Firefox and then the whole site appears design heavy and content lite, which perhaps is the reality until products and depth develop more.
Afair the lite-content is due to legal reasons .. afair 3i cannot officially 'run' a DAC. They can only advertise and educate the BitShares economy.

The FAQ text contrast isn't ideal and the hover colour for that then is an odd choice of making it even less visible.
True.

I wonder a timeline would be very useful, even if not nailed down, just having a clear sense of direction and milestones set out and obvious, will help with encouraging confidence in new users.
Puh, ... long story .. i3 is not the 'timeline'-trusted entity in crypto ... but a list of milestones would be great .. but what should be the content?

* BitShares MS
* BitShares X
* BitShares Lotto
* World Domination!

Offline davidpbrown

It's a good improvement from what I recall of the last pass.

The navigation is a big slow to appear in Firefox and then the whole site appears design heavy and content lite, which perhaps is the reality until products and depth develop more.

The FAQ text contrast isn't ideal and the hover colour for that then is an odd choice of making it even less visible.

I wonder a timeline would be very useful, even if not nailed down, just having a clear sense of direction and milestones set out and obvious, will help with encouraging confidence in new users.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Can I report the outdated messages found on http://bitshares.org/faq/ here? Whatever... 8)

*When will BitShares XT launch?*
At the earliest, BitShares XT will launch on the Ides of March (March 15, 2014).

*Will XTS be minable?*
No, the BitShares XT network will be secured by Transactions-as-Proof-of-Stake (TaPOS), a novel method that requires no mining. For more information, see the TaPOS whitepaper.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
About one month after, some critical improvements have been made... ags counter, new splash screen (very importand), fixed typos, added links etc...
so the question is how much did you change your mind about the new bitshares.org feeling... let's vote again to help the designers to know if they
are on the right path with the changes they made and make again your suggestions. My experience sais that our opinion has value on this community...
  ;)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:40:02 pm by liondani »