Main > Stakeholder Proposals

What happens with delegate bond?

(1/1)

bytemaster:

--- Quote from: gamey on June 19, 2014, 07:53:07 pm ---Will this be readily configurable for other DACs?  I do not think this approach will work for every DAC. You are requiring a fee for something that most DACS will have a hard time courting initially. (Delegates) so it would be nice if the toolkit has some other method of establishing delegates initially.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Initially the fee is insignificant and is something the delegates will be earning anyway so it is more like a 'commitment to produce X' blocks... given that anyone who signs up to become a delegate is automatically in, even with 0 votes until there are some positive votes for enough delegates, I think this is not a problem.

gamey:
Will this be readily configurable for other DACs?  I do not think this approach will work for every DAC. You are requiring a fee for something that most DACS will have a hard time courting initially. (Delegates) so it would be nice if the toolkit has some other method of establishing delegates initially.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

bytemaster:

--- Quote from: emski on June 19, 2014, 07:05:42 am ---Where it goes (the one paid when registering a delegate)?
What if the delegate is never voted in and never produces even a single block?
Why free renewal ?

--- End quote ---

It isn't really a bond, it is more of a 'registration fee'.  If you are going to attempt to become a delegate then you must be committed and believe you will be elected and produce at least 2 weeks worth of blocks to 'break even'. 

The fee is destroyed.

emski:
Where it goes (the one paid when registering a delegate)?
What if the delegate is never voted in and never produces even a single block?
Why free renewal ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version