Author Topic: If give you another chance , would you will invest AGS and 3I?  (Read 10477 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I would like to have been a Keyhotee founder and to have put more into AGS before the snapshot.
I think what is being done is awesome (in the literal sense of the word rather than the overused banal sense).
How can anyone who even vaguely understands what's going on deny that this fundamentally groundbreaking stuff.

As things stand I don't much care about the delay. It's the final product(s) that's important to me.

If Rome had been built in a day, it would've been SHIT!
+5%

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
I would like to have been a Keyhotee founder and to have put more into AGS before the snapshot.
I think what is being done is awesome (in the literal sense of the word rather than the overused banal sense).
How can anyone who even vaguely understands what's going on deny that this fundamentally groundbreaking stuff.

As things stand I don't much care about the delay. It's the final product(s) that's important to me.

If Rome had been built in a day, it would've been SHIT!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Don't wanna be a troll here, but what you're saying really annoys me and other investors like me.
Please stop saying "R&D", coz' it's quite insulting to others who are really doing R&D. I could only imagine is that you have no idea how fast things happen in the crypto industry, which is quite different from your field of expertise, otherwise it is quite an arrogant statement that you "accomplished so quickly with so few people". Don't you know that Sunny King finished the codebase for peercoin all by himself in just a few weeks?
The worst problem about 3I is the attitude! ATTITUDE! You guys made mistakes. You guys were doing a bad job. Just admit it and move on, for god's sake.

I admit we've done a bad job at some parts, particularly PR and marketing.
But LOL, peercoin starting from bitcoin's codebase vs DPOS+TITAN starting from scratch, and we're the ones not doing real R&D. Who is insulting who again?
I kinda hoped you say that. Throwing away 4+ years of bitcoin's codebase and starting from scratch with your own, way to go! Wait a minute, I remember another project that took the same approach as 3I... Guess how long it takes NXT to finish what 3I tries to accomplish?

Things are getting pretty weird here. The community is surrounded by complains and angry. Even some long-term supporters like me are losing patience. NOT GOOD! REALLY NOT GOOD! DUDES!

Can we just stop the SHITTY debates right here since no consensus can be reached in short term? 3I has already been aware what the community concerns.

Let's talk about them when we are really running on DPOS stably.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So whats the purpose of your post .. they wont change a thing

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
SunnyKing used an existing codebase
how about nextcoin? how long did they take to finish a brand new product by only 21btc funding ?
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Don't wanna be a troll here, but what you're saying really annoys me and other investors like me.
Please stop saying "R&D", coz' it's quite insulting to others who are really doing R&D. I could only imagine is that you have no idea how fast things happen in the crypto industry, which is quite different from your field of expertise, otherwise it is quite an arrogant statement that you "accomplished so quickly with so few people". Don't you know that Sunny King finished the codebase for peercoin all by himself in just a few weeks?
The worst problem about 3I is the attitude! ATTITUDE! You guys made mistakes. You guys were doing a bad job. Just admit it and move on, for god's sake.

I admit we've done a bad job at some parts, particularly PR and marketing.
But LOL, peercoin starting from bitcoin's codebase vs DPOS+TITAN starting from scratch, and we're the ones not doing real R&D. Who is insulting who again?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline batemastur

• View Profile
In 40 years in the aerospace R&D industry, I have seldom seen so much accomplished so quickly with so few people.

I'm not frustrated.  I'm inspired!

That's a good one! I've never seen such a shameless person in my whole life.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
"I'm here as a donator to build DACs for the good of mankind, so I don't care about making money.  I'm such a moral and ethical person and everyone trying to profit is selfish". 
If you are this person just STFU. You are probably full of crap.
So you are calling me a liar because I made a commitment to donate all fees earned by my charity delegate to charity?!?!

BTW: ever heard about that neat thing called netiquette!?

No I was not.  I have a problem with people that look down on others for investing in Bitshares to make a  profit. I've seen it a few times in this forum.  I don't want to derail the thread.  I really meant to say I can understand the frustration even though I'm still very confident Bitshares and I3 will succeed.  Maybe I should have thought about my post more.  I have anger management issues and fly off the handle easily. :P

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
I'll invest, but I like BM can stabilize a bit, don't often put forward without thinking, there is no economic sense, no social experience, suggestions
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Bitshares is very different from blackcoin, nxt, etc. 

There are also 100s of coins that have lost far far more than Bitshares.

The comparisons in this thread ... are bordering on retarded.

The original question was about AGS and not Bitshares-PTS.  To keep it real, as of right now, the btc I sent to AGS is gone and I have nothing to show for it.  I'm a big supporter of this project, but I can definitely understand the frustration.  It's not about wanting a quick profit, it's about knowing your investment will eventually give returns.  Every week that passes makes people more and more antsy, especially when it was supposed to launch on the ides of March.  Remember that?

I want to be clear that I'm not this person.

"I'm here as a donator to build DACs for the good of mankind, so I don't care about making money.  I'm such a moral and ethical person and everyone trying to profit is selfish". 

If you are this person just STFU. You are probably full of crap.

I'm here to profit and so is everyone else, so stop the bullshit.  Just ranting as I've heard this from people in these forums.

Anyway, Go Bitshares!  I'm a big supporter, but I can understand the frustration.  That's all.

March 15 = earliest hope to start testing Minimum Viable Product (MVP) TaPOS-based command line wallet.
March 15 + 10 weeks = actually start testing full DPOS product with huge new feature set and robust toolkit.

If we had released a MVP product on March 15th, Milestone 2 would have been to release a robust, user friendly product (UFP) after three or four months of further development.

So one could argue that we have now caught back up to our original target for Milestone 2 and are in a much stronger position then we would have been if we had released a TaPOS system on March 15.

Further, the investment of those 10 weeks into a more robust toolkit and development team, means that we are in a great position to accelerate our schedule further in the months ahead.

So comparing the development time for an MVP to the development time for a UFP is really comparing apples to oranges. 

We pulled off an entire R&D cycle and caught back up to our original schedule in one season.
THAT's what I call development horsepower. 

In 40 years in the aerospace R&D industry, I have seldom seen so much accomplished so quickly with so few people.

I'm not frustrated.  I'm inspired!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
If I could go back in time I would have donated all my PTS and Bitcoins for AGS before 28th of Feb... Unfortunately I kept more PTS than AGS before the snapshot and kept buying PTS after the snapshot. I missed the BTS X rewards by donating more to AGS than keeping PTS... So please feel free to sell your BTS X cheap when they come out  ;)...

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
imho, the biggest problem is that people cannot flip their investment to btsx through ags. Just look at simcoin and how early investors could sell part of their stake. It was a rough way, but at least people could get their btc back.

I suggested that I can simulate AGS liquidity using other financial instruments… There was exactly one response to that post… so I think everyone is OK with illiquid AGS…  :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
it was well known tha ags will not be liquid and an investror has to wait for the final thing .. thats why ags has a better bts ratio

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
imho, the biggest problem is that people cannot flip their investment to btsx through ags. Just look at simcoin and how early investors could sell part of their stake. It was a rough way, but at least people could get their btc back.