Author Topic: $5000 Bounty - Bitcoin Wallet Interface for Keyhotee  (Read 4566 times)

Offline bytemaster

would you prefer this done in C++ or in java? i have the day off and i'm thinking of getting to it.

It has to be integrated with Qt and Keyhotee. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
would you prefer this done in C++ or in java? i have the day off and i'm thinking of getting to it.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline bytemaster

Perhaps a team is better suited to this job..
By the way, keep the word mobile in mind, most people prefer mobile apps since they can carry them anywhere...

We haven't forgotten the mobile world.   ;)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Perhaps a team is better suited to this job..
By the way, keep the word mobile in mind, most people prefer mobile apps since they can carry them anywhere...

Offline bytemaster

As many of you know Keyhotee will have a wallet interface.  I would like a developer to build the initial version of this interface with the following requirements:

1) Interfaces to bitcoind (or any compatible alt-coin)
2) Uses public/private keys from Keyhotee Profile Hierarchical wallets (I have already implemented the key generation)
3) Displays a list of all transactions & Balance
4) Allows the creation of new transactions for sending coins to a Keyhotee ID

I estimate that it would take me about 2 weeks full time dedicated to the effort to create the basic interface. 

The winner of this bounty also gets credit of $5000 toward their Keyhotee ID.

In order for this to work, i think the best approach would be to modularize the client. Most of the code rarely changes except the areas of interest which are diff adjustment, coin supply/rewards. I cant use my linux box at the moment, but if all the usually changed items are placed in a single file that is easily replaced, The interface can basically work for any coin, given that each coin will have it's own "plug-in"

Exactly my design.   The interface would talk to the Bitcoin RPC interface which would provide 99% of the common requirements.   As far as I can tell there is very little specialized information you need for dealing with PTS vs LTC vs BTC.

I ultimately want the user to click 1 button to add a new currency and have the client automatically download and install the proper backend.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
As many of you know Keyhotee will have a wallet interface.  I would like a developer to build the initial version of this interface with the following requirements:

2) Uses public/private keys from Keyhotee Profile Hierarchical wallets (I have already implemented the key generation)

I estimate that it would take me about 2 weeks full time dedicated to the effort to create the basic interface. 

In order for this to work, i think the best approach would be to modularize the client. Most of the code rarely changes except the areas of interest which are diff adjustment, coin supply/rewards. I cant use my linux box at the moment, but if all the usually changed items are placed in a single file that is easily replaced, The interface can basically work for any coin, given that each coin will have it's own "plug-in"

Offline jan

• View Profile
i'll give it a try when i have time ....
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline bytemaster

i can make an UI design for the wallet ..

I would love the concept, but pretty graphics and non-standard UI elements make the cost of GUI development grow very quickly on desktop apps.    If you stick to common UI elements without a lot of fancy style then I would welcome the effort, but cannot pay for that.   Consider it an investment in your protoshares :)

Offline jan

• View Profile
i can make an UI design for the wallet ..
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline bytemaster

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:35:21 am by Amazon »