Author Topic: # of trolls – a good or a bad sign.  (Read 4743 times)

merockstar

question, has anybody translated the dry run threads into chinese?

looks like somebody did... i think.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5251.0
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:18:27 am by merockstar »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Can't tell if serious or trolling.

For anyone stupid enough to take this seriously: ask yourselves, if NEXT WEEK there started to be a lot of negative posts in BITCOINTALK about BITCOIN, would that mean we were more likely to be:
1. in a world that contains a new "bad sign" for Bitcoin.
2. in a world that contains a new "good sign" for Bitcoin.

Then explain how that would be different for Bitshares, and no, "because whichever one I own must be doing great", does not count.

It is different for Bitshares, as the complainers are just mainly objecting to the perceived delays and bad communication.

The communication is clearly being addressed, I've noticed Toast specifically starting a new awareness marketing campaign, trying to break down Bitshares XT in a much simpler format etc. As for the delays, they are partly related to developing DPOS I believe, which BM & team is confident will be a huge long term advantage for a little short term pain.

Shareholders are very short term focused as a group though, so they are just expressing the short term pain  :) I don't hold it against anyone for complaining, even myself it is normal, if you correctly identified Bitshares was the best investment in this space and made a big play but are now watching other brands/coins/groups taking off it can be frustrating and you will question yourself and the team, this is all normal. 

However I'm MUCH happier that the developers are clearly not just trying to make a quick $, which they easily could have done, they clearly have BIG ambitions and plans and are doing what is in the best interest of Bitshares for sure. (It also doesn't seem that we will be waiting too long now for Bitshares XT to be tradeable and for some other snapshots to be announced.)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

For anyone stupid enough to take this seriously: ask yourselves, if NEXT WEEK there started to be a lot of negative posts in BITCOINTALK about BITCOIN, would that mean we were more likely to be:

Then explain how that would be different for Bitshares, and no, "because whichever one I own must be doing great", does not count.

Waw, I slept for one night, for a change, and I wake up and it sounds like we have overtaken BTC by market capitalization!

For anyone stupid enough to not understand how 93% of the market is different from 0.09% of the market, I have no reasonable explanation, btw.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:50:46 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline MolonLabe

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
We are getting closer and I'm more excited than ever. Historic buying opportunity for PTS and AGS donations.

absolutely agreed :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I agree with CLains. Most of the recent complainers seem to be Chinese folks. For a lot of us, the last few weeks have seen a surge in confidence and renewal of the faith. We are getting closer and I'm more excited than ever. Historic buying opportunity for PTS and AGS donations.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Judging from the post count the chinese boards are bulging with opinions though. Perhaps a liason who speaks both languages and knows both worlds would be a good one. Someone who makes some cross posts between both boards, someone who could tell me what they are talking about, and tell them what I am talking about. Bounty worthy IMHO.

+5%

On another note, personally I think this is the perfect entry point for PTS when even the Chinese market has become negative.

The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy, and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell.”

—Sir John Templeton (Famous billionaire investor)

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
>>Only the psychological reaction of the Chinese has me curious.
T

he white man has trouble understanding the Chinese way of thinking…hell he hardly understands mine, and I am almost white :)

Judging from the post count the chinese boards are bulging with opinions though. Perhaps a liason who speaks both languages and knows both worlds would be a good one. Someone who makes some cross posts between both boards, someone who could tell me what they are talking about, and tell them what I am talking about. Bounty worthy IMHO.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Yhea .. market manipulation .. keep your pockets ready and fille up :)

:)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
anyone who did not think there would be some phase of staring into the abyss and eating glass did not listen carefully enough to elon musk ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:30:56 pm by CLains »

Offline BitAsset

• View Profile
The only product 3I has is the bitshares.org website (It's 6.0 now ? lol)

Bytemaster, Why don't you give us a working BTSX , so all the FUDers can shut the fuck up

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Only the psychological reaction of the Chinese has me curious.

I think it's just the Chinese mutiny on the Bitshares ship.

The Western mutiny already took place a few months ago, they are very short term minded, if you tell them 'Ides of March' and don't deliver by 'Ides of April' they lose interest, (I think if you look back you'll see a lot of Western guys complaining about delays around that time.) We are very short-term focused.

This is shown by BTC/PTS trading volume +- $2800 today.

The Chinese I think on average are more intelligent, realistic and long term/future focused but at this point even their patience is being tested/reaching breaking point given the delays/poor marketing & communication.

CNY/PTS volume is still much higher, $28 0000+ today! (Unless BTC38 volume numbers are dubious, I think it's pretty epic that Chinese volume is 10x higher, that says a lot about their long term vision and appreciation of Bitshares imo.)

I know BM, Toast & the team are really going above and beyond in terms of work and development & it looks like they've got a great team together & as far as I can tell, everything is coming together for DPOS and BTSXT so the future looks bright, but I think shareholder frustration is still very natural and to be expected when there are delays in a fast moving industry and your money is tied up in BTS X or AGS having worked off & made your investment decisions based off the timelines investors were presented with earlier in the year.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
>>Only the psychological reaction of the Chinese has me curious.
T

he white man has trouble understanding the Chinese way of thinking…hell he hardly understands mine, and I am almost white :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Most of them seems like gambling chinese who put all their savings into BitShares. Does anyone want to update the rest of us on what is going on in the Chinese BitShares community? :D

On a logical note, the PTS price was rising in anticipation of BitShares X launch, but the momentum failed as they are obviously having technical difficulties, and the resulting minor crash produced fear, uncertainty and doubt. Nothing more mysterious than that really. Only the psychological reaction of the Chinese has me curious.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:09:40 pm by CLains »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Yhea .. market manipulation .. keep your pockets ready and fille up :)