Author Topic: Storj and Bitshares Collaboration  (Read 10260 times)

Offline super3

• View Profile
Which is why we spent a great deal of time developing Metadisk. A decentralized application that we run most of the core code on. Solves two problems:

1) Allows us to have reward full nodes because they have an application built on top of them
2) The nodes can cache the DHT

Because the nodes also may have the file, you can submit multiple queries to multiple nodes. Obviously they would want to return a result as quickly as possible, as being the fastest would probably mean they also get to get paid for transferring the file to you.

Offline bytemaster

That's only a extra millisecond or two of overhead

Assuming you use a DHT for your lookup, then you have 20 ms RTT per query (log N) so for large data sets it could end up taking the better part of a second to look up a chunk of data.

Of course you could have 'directory nodes' that accelerate this process, but then you have a load balancing challenge.

You are working a tough problem, I really hope you solve it because there is a need for it.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline super3

• View Profile
Well profit model is also involved. If you look at Dropbox they just take Amazon cloud and mark it up 100x for their premium service. Its $1 GB per year. Take your free hard drive and add those numbers up(divide by 3 to account for redundancy). Have I convinced you?

Sure lookup times will increase in complexity. That's only a extra millisecond or two of overhead. We are taking about transfer at P2Ps speeds though so you gain 10x-100x transfer rates over centralized systems. Not to mention decentralized system can automatically scale to any size.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
The decentralized storage space is fundamentally limited by economics like everything else.

1) Lets clearly state the problem to be solved, because without understanding the problem all we have are solutions in search of a problem.   I would describe the problem is that governments have declared certain information (bits) contraband and thus attacks those who would dare to provide the service of hosting it.   The solution is to "decentralize" and host it everywhere and nowhere all at the same time.

2) The other claim maid by these decentralized storage providers is that they are "faster", "cheaper", and have "higher availability" than centralized counterparts.  All of these claims are lies unless you are talking about contraband bits.    When I download a movie from iTunes it is faster than any torent and availability is higher too.   

3) People have correctly identified why Tor and file sharing services are slower:  no economic incentive to build infrastructure.  So projects like Storj and Maidsafe are trying to build out an economic model that will motivate users to add resources.

I am certain that you will get a vast increase in the performance of contraband networks, at a cost.  You will pay more per byte on one of these networks and your latency will make browsing a challenge because you are doing a decentralized Log N lookup of your content.  When you do find it you will be streaming it from someones home PC at a slow/cheap rate or you will be paying a vastly higher price per byte than your ISP is currently charging you. 

4) Decentralization always has costs.  Hosting files from your home computer consumes disk space, bandwidth, CPU, etc.   These costs have to be paid by the users.

5) Usually these systems boil down to micro-payment systems and this is the biggest challenge of them all.  Cryptography is not cheap, and all transactions have a mental-cost (making a decision) even if the user asks the computer to do it for them.   Negotiating payments of a fraction of a cent with 1000 different peers is economically challenged to say the least.

That said what these systems ultimately boil down to is this:
1) Provide a standardized API for finding content by hash across many different service providers
2) Provide a standardized payment system to automate paying any provider you may come across.
3) Lowering the barrier to entry by making the use of this system transparent to the users.

The above steps are possible but assumes competitors (data providers) will work together to allow their customers to shop around for the best deal.  In the process of shopping for the best deal economies of scale will once again result in complete centralization of hosting.  Sure anyone can run a server and use the API, but only one company will have the economies of scale necessary to provide "instant lookup", "largest selection", "fastest downloads". 

Of course the thing that prevents such a universal service from existing today is that hosting providers are forced to remove contraband bits.  Lastly, there is the issue that those looking for contraband are looking for "free" and those looking to pay can probably already get what they want.

So we can probably boil the whole thing down to an attempt to build a censor resistant data-store, the black-market of cloud hosting.  I think this is possible, but it will be expensive to use and slow compared to the alternatives.   Remember, black-market contraband almost always carries a risk premium.

Perhaps a hybrid approach:
1) Use 1 API for legit & contraband bits
2) Legit bits can be found quickly and easily and relatively cheaply
3) Contraband bits can be found slower and relatively more expensively.

The space is challenging and so far I haven't seen anyone focus on the economics of the problem.

Some of what you say is true. It does have initially higher costs because the infrastructure isn't set up for decentralization. I expect these initially higher costs to go down though as infrastructure is set up to bring costs down.

So something like a decentralized ISP is possible and could be operated at a lower cost but it would require some new hardware or perhaps the purchase and repurposing of the current infrastructure.

Centralization itself has hidden costs. If you use centralized services you're at the mercy of corporations who may or may not take information security seriously. Ebay for example just leaked or was hacked. Too many humans in the chain between the user and their data increases the risks on the users losing control of their data.

In the long term as data becomes even more precious than it is today the only way to make it harder for hackers to steal it is to never store it all in one place and while you can use the centralized corporate cloud then you have to trust the government, the corporations, the employees who work for each of these organizations, while with Storj you have to trust the code and your computer.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/07/weaponized-exploit-can-steal-user-cookies-on-ebay-tumblr-other-sites/

http://www.cnet.com/news/ebay-hacked-requests-all-users-change-passwords/

The benefit of something like Storj if it were to reach critical mass is that people could securely store their data in the decentralized cloud. No more local storage would be required. Thin clients in the form of a smart phone would be all most people would need and in the developing world the smart phone is all most people are going to have. So for the developing world which already has a wireless Internet the proposition will be quite a bit different but even for us in the developed world if our phone gets stolen we could just not care if our files are backed up on Storj.

Laptops could do something similar. I understand Google is trying to do that now but I don't see why we can't have a StorjOS for laptops.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:09:36 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
I'm interested interested in using Bitshares because we can use the platform to create pegged digital commodities. While Storjcoin is a deflationary cryptocurrency, increasing in worth as the network expands it might be useful to have something like a BitGB.

Therefore I can purchase a BitGB, and use it in the application knowing that it will always be worth 1 GB of space.
+5%

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I'm also interested in Storj using BitShares, lol. I'd love to see bytemaster pitch why DPOS is the superior alternative in this case. But even further, I would encourage you to visit them at location super3, cost of travel is a drop in the ocean compared to the magnitude and potential of your project, and it will give a whole new dimension to the potential collaboration!

Take a leap. Be bold, brave, ambitious!

Offline super3

• View Profile
I'm interested interested in using Bitshares because we can use the platform to create pegged digital commodities. While Storjcoin is a deflationary cryptocurrency, increasing in worth as the network expands it might be useful to have something like a BitGB.

Therefore I can purchase a BitGB, and use it in the application knowing that it will always be worth 1 GB of space.

Offline super3

• View Profile
Great post Bytemaster. Let me try to break it down a bit.

Our solution is to encrypt all bits in the network. Therefore all bits can be "fungible" and treated the same. The problem when occurs when the user shares the hash+decryption key to the bits (all data is encrypted client side). At that point, the user has voided the contract to keep the data secure. Any contraband bits can be public greylisted, and nodes and applications can refuse to server them.

This doesn't not invite censorship because Bob can always share any file with Alice as long as he adds some salt to his data, so it does not appear as a publically listed file. Public files will be removed only if a particular network achieves consensus on the greylist. So some nodes will serve all content, some will choose to implement perhaps a copyright greylist. The users will have the the power to choose which nodes they want via their wallet and usage.

1) Provide a standardized API for finding content by hash across many different service providers
2) Provide a standardized payment system to automate paying any provider you may come across.
3) Lowering the barrier to entry by making the use of this system transparent to the users.

1) Our distributed application Metadisk implements a standardized API. This application can span multiple blockchains and networks, and make it very easy to integrate though a nice web API.
2) Cryptocurrency obviously.
3) We are designing out applications in a way that an average user can use them.

Done through Metadisk. The more contraband a bit is, the more it will be pushed toward the edge of the network.

Offline sang

• View Profile
Bytemaster, I suggest checking out this paper on TorCoin - they seem to have figured out a way to do Proof of Bandwidth: http://www.nrl.navy.mil/itd/chacs/sites/www.nrl.navy.mil.itd.chacs/files/pdfs/14-1231-1559.pdf

(I have not read the entire thing yet)

Offline bytemaster

The decentralized storage space is fundamentally limited by economics like everything else.

1) Lets clearly state the problem to be solved, because without understanding the problem all we have are solutions in search of a problem.   I would describe the problem is that governments have declared certain information (bits) contraband and thus attacks those who would dare to provide the service of hosting it.   The solution is to "decentralize" and host it everywhere and nowhere all at the same time.

2) The other claim maid by these decentralized storage providers is that they are "faster", "cheaper", and have "higher availability" than centralized counterparts.  All of these claims are lies unless you are talking about contraband bits.    When I download a movie from iTunes it is faster than any torent and availability is higher too.   

3) People have correctly identified why Tor and file sharing services are slower:  no economic incentive to build infrastructure.  So projects like Storj and Maidsafe are trying to build out an economic model that will motivate users to add resources.

I am certain that you will get a vast increase in the performance of contraband networks, at a cost.  You will pay more per byte on one of these networks and your latency will make browsing a challenge because you are doing a decentralized Log N lookup of your content.  When you do find it you will be streaming it from someones home PC at a slow/cheap rate or you will be paying a vastly higher price per byte than your ISP is currently charging you. 

4) Decentralization always has costs.  Hosting files from your home computer consumes disk space, bandwidth, CPU, etc.   These costs have to be paid by the users.

5) Usually these systems boil down to micro-payment systems and this is the biggest challenge of them all.  Cryptography is not cheap, and all transactions have a mental-cost (making a decision) even if the user asks the computer to do it for them.   Negotiating payments of a fraction of a cent with 1000 different peers is economically challenged to say the least.

The above steps are possible but assumes competitors (data providers) will work together to allow their customers to shop around for the best deal.  In the process of shopping for the best deal economies of scale will once again result in complete centralization of hosting.  Sure anyone can run a server and use the API, but only one company will have the economies of scale necessary to provide "instant lookup", "largest selection", "fastest downloads". 

Of course the thing that prevents such a universal service from existing today is that hosting providers are forced to remove contraband bits.  Lastly, there is the issue that those looking for contraband are looking for "free" and those looking to pay can probably already get what they want.

So we can probably boil the whole thing down to an attempt to build a censor resistant data-store, the black-market of cloud hosting.  I think this is possible, but it will be expensive to use and slow compared to the alternatives.   Remember, black-market contraband almost always carries a risk premium.

Perhaps a hybrid approach:

The space is challenging and so far I haven't seen anyone focus on the economics of the problem.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

1.There is giant problem in this space.

2. It seems nobody has found a solution.

3. Storj is offering new product in the space, even he/they not claiming a decision for the fundamental problem.

What gains do you foresee in collaborating with just another player who does not know how to solve the problem?

I know you all want to play nice, but other than that what’s your point?

How do we find solutions to problems? Thinking and communicating ideas across a broad spectrum of issues...that is what the hangouts are for.  Updates, questions and brainstorming sessions essentially.

You can daydream, say good words –collaboration, communications, hangouts, brainstorming. Those are empty words for me.
The truth is the problem is big and complex… and the solution will probably be found by single someone driving on the road by himself, or maybe sleeping in a tent in the middle of nowhere.

Let me give you an example:
If it is 1940 and you organize 100 hangouts/brainstorming sessions with random people, chances are you not gonna discover the computer. Even better if you organize 100 hangout with random physicians chances are you not gonna discover the computer. It took one single genius, who had put 1000 h thinking about that and related and unrelated problems to make the breakthrough. Driving by himself, with no particular aim or destination, in the middle of nowhere.

So much for  collaboration, communication and brainstorming sessions.

Do not get me wrong – hangouts are great when the fundamental breakthrough is already there. Example:
When the idea of BTS X is already born, you can hang out and polish it. Hell, you can even find the best voting algo in one of those brainstorming sessions.

But in the field we are talking about the breakthrough is not there yet. Maidsafe have not found it, Storj ans Sia have not found it, even our in house genius have put finding the solution on backburner. So, you can brainstorm and dream how great the undiscovered ‘computer’ will be, but chances are you not gona discovery it… collaboratively brainstorming

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:32:10 am by Simeon II »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

3. Storj is offering new product in the space, even he/they not claiming a decision for the fundamental problem.

What gains do you foresee in collaborating with just another player who does not know how to solve the problem?

How do we find solutions to problems? Thinking and communicating ideas across a broad spectrum of issues...that is what the hangouts are for.  Updates, questions and brainstorming sessions essentially.

agreed
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
DonJoe may be vindictive (I'm not saying I agree at all; I have no history there, and Super3 certainly seems to have history). But DonJoe was using real quotes from people we trust, including Stan and BM. I wouldn't sweep all that aside just for the sake of reconciliation; it needs to be addressed. The Storj idea sounds promising. If there were a collaboration in the works, I would enthusiastically look forward to supporting and possibly investing in it. But as an investor, performing my own due diligence, I sure as heck would want to investigate any smoke under the hood. You can blast DonJoe for shoving it down your throat, but it is not appropriate to blast him for repeating what some trusted people wrote. I would want explanations and assurances from those trusted people before I invested. It sounds like at the very least, the communication was poor, and perhaps beyond that it was just a misunderstanding.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

DonJoe how old are you? Zeus is this the Cryptsy guy?

If you are considering to put money in storj: ANYONE WHO DEALS WITH SUPER3 IS AN IDIOT!

thanks for the heads up.  would like to delve into this deeper than name-calling though... 

Opportunities abound in this space, but also opportunities to get b!tchslapped by reality.  Of course, then again I have no clue who you are other than an assumption--which is not enough to validate what you say.  Really wish you would post as your true self bro...especially if you are who I think you are.

How about getting Super3 on Beyond Bitcoin so he can tell the story about how he mined the first block and also talk about Storj?

That would be cool.  Literally anyone can set something up on there but I will never mind setting one up if there is a lack of people available or willing.  The Server is available for the entire community so literally anyone who wants to create content by interviewing someone or putting together public meetings can do so and anyone who attends can record. 

With that said, I'll send Super a message and see what he says.  Can't hurt ;)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

If you are considering to put money in storj: ANYONE WHO DEALS WITH SUPER3 IS AN IDIOT!

thanks for the heads up.  would like to delve into this deeper than name-calling though... 

Opportunities abound in this space, but also opportunities to get b!tchslapped by reality.  Of course, then again I have no clue who you are other than an assumption--which is not enough to validate what you say.  Really wish you would post as your true self bro...especially if you are who I think you are.

How about getting Super3 on Beyond Bitcoin so he can tell the story about how he mined the first block and also talk about Storj?

any updates on this !? :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:50:33 am by fuznuts »

Offline super3

• View Profile
He/she seems to have mastered the ad hominem argument. Its hilarious.

Anyways. DPOS seems like an interesting thing to look into. Not sure it would be the best fit for our early blockchain(extra complexity>needed features), but it might be useful in other ways.

I think it however be quite useful when we scale this up to compute. You could use DPOS as the basis for a quorum to have a good structure for trustless computing, without jumping into Turing complete blockchains or zero-knowledge proofs.

Offline onceuponatime

DonJoe how old are you? Zeus is this the Cryptsy guy? I love you didn't read the rest of the topic where Zeus said he just heard a rumor and he has no proof.

Don Joe certainly seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I think he may be a day trader who got into Bitshares by mistake for a quick buck and now feels frustrated and stuck.

He represents perhaps a small number of newbies, with nothing positive to contribute, making rude and worthless posts - not the overall community.

Offline DonJoe

• View Profile

Offline super3

• View Profile
DonJoe how old are you? Zeus is this the Cryptsy guy? I love you didn't read the rest of the topic where Zeus said he just heard a rumor and he has no proof.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:15:21 am by super3 »

Offline DonJoe

• View Profile
omfg,

5.  We trusted Super 3, he turned out to be an opportunist and grabbed .io for his own purposes.  Stuff happens.

we never owned it and super3 was surprisingly unresponsive
Woops .. too bad .. but you own bitshares.org .. do you?

anyway .. updating (all) the links should be considered important when interested in newcomers!

We own bitshares.org and other domains.   We had trusted Super3 as a core member of the team, but he turned out to be an opportunist.
I gave you all bitshares.org and all the domains after I didn't have enough time to work on the website anymore after I went back to school. You have always had full access to the servers and code. I registered Invictus.io for the bounty site, which you used and never fully paid for.

Opportunist? If Bitshares was a volunteer organization that didn't make a profit you would have a point, but it isn't. I worked as hard as  I possible could for you, so I don't appreciate being thrown under the bus.

after all of these, you come back and ask for collaboration? WHY DONT YOU FUCK YOURSELF?! BETRAYER! ANYONE WHO DEALS WITH SUPER3 IS AN IDIOT!

Special thanks to Zeus:
When I first learned about PTS (in November if I remember correctly) I asked on Cryptsy what they knew about it... Most people didn't know anything but there was a guy that said "anyone who deals with super3 is an idiot. The guy has scammed a lot of people in the past.Enough said". I didn't pay much attention back then because I liked the whole concept of PTS, but It seems that that guy knew better... I think that your relationship with super 3 must have done some damage to your publicity...

Offline fuzzy

very interesting...

what are your differences with maidsafe project?
Have you think about to make an IPO using Bithares? (like maidsafe used mastercoin) of course with bytemaster sugestion's to make it succesfull not like the ipo-maidsafe-joke...
Id buy in.

Offline super3

• View Profile
We store the file metadata including hash and location on the blockchain, is one of the primary reasons.

Offline bytemaster

@BM : so what is the prospect of a collaboration here?

Information on storj is in a little short supply, but my one basic question for the entire system... why do you need a blockchain? 

If you need a blockchain then DPOS is likely the best solution, especially if you can benefit from some form of optimized trust from a set of delegates.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
^^ those are just the memos in normal transfer transactions.

We can have separate transactions for referring to data stores.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Looks like

"data": {
             "owner": "XTSGD65z6NiCmezvC6tf59g7ZKwKJ23arpz8",
             "memo": {
               "one_time_key": "XTS5KR5WqNtooeh3SUSWzeMcu7YEqefNYmpoHYV7faoeXVki4c2VB",
               "encrypted_memo_data": "57dce4a2b2e3a8cc731049dacb3606742f15d29c9c7ee3cb292e95b9f7c878fe4
d5baed613813bfb5ccb155d59b6efccc5e1d19b1aa3ca7a9407382f796b75"
             }

Offline super3

• View Profile
Dpos can store memo currently already .. check out the current test runs! Pretty sure dpos makes sense for storj hashes
How large are the memos? The data would probably look something like this:

Code: [Select]
storj:05ecf7f9d218c631cc380527ac57f72798647824aa8839eb82045ed9fc3360c7?key=f869659afd98d617fc3c0a2b9f8b12a048a8da16a2ce2cc5abe5f42bd0f42845

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Dpos can store memo currently already .. check out the current test runs! Pretty sure dpos makes sense for storj hashes

Offline super3

• View Profile
@super3  FYI, our primary blockchain security model is now DPOS, not TAPOS. Might be appropriate for storj, might not be, but check it out.

Any DAC that has massive data storage requirements might be able to take advantage of storj, especially if there was a canonical way to verify the storj chain that could be built into our clients.
Ok, I guess I'm a little behind. Any progress on TAPOS?

Well you could just put the hash identifier for the data in your chain. Does your DPOS have any metadata fields? Just need enough space for a hash.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
@super3  FYI, our primary blockchain security model is now DPOS, not TAPOS. Might be appropriate for storj, might not be, but check it out.

Any DAC that has massive data storage requirements might be able to take advantage of storj, especially if there was a canonical way to verify the storj chain that could be built into our clients.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
@BM : so what is the prospect of a collaboration here?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Used to be pretty heavily involved with Bitshares since I mined the first Protoshares block. I since started my own project called http://storj.io/, which focuses on decentralized storage. Bytemaster and I had a discussion or two about how awesome this would be a long time ago. If I remember correctly Bytemaster was working on this concept before Bitshares, and you can see some of his code here: https://github.com/bytemaster/tornet.

Just wanted to start discussion of ways that Storj and Bitshares can work together.

I'm most curious about using Transactions as Proof-of-Stake system for one of our blockchains.
Also I think we could figure out a pretty solid DAC using Storj and Bitshares tech.

If you want to learn some more about Storj there are some good resources:
Website
Pitch Deck
Forum
+5%
I'm sure everyone knows what I'm gonna say but how about a promise of a future Sharedrop to Storjcoin holders? That might light a fire.

It can't come from I3, but from alternative DAC developers.

By the way Super3 I remember you from the earliest days of mining Protoshares. You were the guy who actually leveled the playing field.

He mined the first PTS block.

FreeTrade was the Father of PTS, so I guess that makes Super3 its metaphorical mother?

"The man who launched PTS"

... as documented in History of BitShares, Part 2:

We offered a bounty for an experienced coin designer to build the PTS protocoin for us.  A developer known as FreeTrade answered the call.  It took him about a month to clone it from the Bitcoin library. Then, while we were still evaluating his code, another independent entrepreneur known as Super3 downloaded the open-source from FreeTrade’s library and started it running.  On November 5, 2013 Super3 went down in history as the miner of the first protocoin block in crypto-equity history!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:38:34 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Used to be pretty heavily involved with Bitshares since I mined the first Protoshares block. I since started my own project called http://storj.io/, which focuses on decentralized storage. Bytemaster and I had a discussion or two about how awesome this would be a long time ago. If I remember correctly Bytemaster was working on this concept before Bitshares, and you can see some of his code here: https://github.com/bytemaster/tornet.

Just wanted to start discussion of ways that Storj and Bitshares can work together.

I'm most curious about using Transactions as Proof-of-Stake system for one of our blockchains.
Also I think we could figure out a pretty solid DAC using Storj and Bitshares tech.

Website
Pitch Deck
Forum
+5%
I'm sure everyone knows what I'm gonna say but how about a promise of a future Sharedrop to Storjcoin holders? That might light a fire.

By the way Super3 I remember you from the earliest days of mining Protoshares. You were the guy who actually leveled the playing field.

He mined the first PTS block.

Offline yellowecho

I think it would be awesome if Storj actually become part of the toolkit. Once you have storage you could do DACs whose data lives in Storj

Team up with Bitshares Music for decentralized iTunes  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Very nice to see you here! I think it would be awesome if Storj actually become part of the toolkit. Once you have storage you could do DACs whose data lives in Storj

Great Idea!  +5% +5% +5%

Actually a lot of decentralized apps are possible and the secret sauce is that with Bitshares the crypto equity could be traded in the form of BitAssets.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Website
Pitch Deck
Forum
+5%

Offline super3

• View Profile
very interesting...

Have you think about to make an IPO using Bithares? (like maidsafe used mastercoin) of course with bytemaster sugestion's to make it succesfull not like the ipo-maidsafe-joke...
I think we just decided to go to Counterparty, we plan on doing the crowdsale next month. Counterparty looks like the most polished platform for that so far. We plan to have more blockchains and tokens in the future, so perhaps we could at some point.

As far as Maidsafe, like you said there crowdsale was a bit of a disaster. Their technology however is coming along quite nicely from what I've seen. We build our tech on the blockchain, whereas they have their own flavor of P2P. If their tech pans out we already have plans to integrate them. Storj builds apps and protocols, we can play nicely with everyone.

Well if you send a transaction to store the metadata for a file in the blockchain. We could just eliminate the need for mining if we used Bytemaster's system, and it would work perfectly.

As far as devs if we could find some common technologies (like Transactions as Proof-of-Stake) that we both need, Storj would be happy to put some devs and resources towards it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Yep.  We're fighting to some devs over here.  Glad to see an early supporter returning for when game time happens. :)

Explain a bit more ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
very interesting...

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Very nice to see you here! I think it would be awesome if Storj actually become part of the toolkit. Once you have storage you could do DACs whose data lives in Storj

Offline super3

• View Profile

Website
Pitch Deck
Forum